1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 769     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rob is indeed very sick and this needs major surgery and medical care, Mount Sinai would love to be the hospital that tried to save the mayor of Toronto. They could even use a special new procedure!

I think they should try Doug's patented enema from top to bottom first.

Wow, now -THIS- is crazy camping! What a hell of a third act arc, wow. I said I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of switcheroo, but I admit the mass\tumor\chemo\tears did distract me, then BOOM SHAKALAKA! Rob is out of the merryl race, but in Ward 2 race for councilor. Doug is not flying the coop to Chicago, but running for Merryl. Mikey is out of the running as ward 2 camp councilor, but running for school trustee?! Somewhere, Tywin Lannister is smiling.

0d31f81964fdb7aa74f85595a7b6b4189750c8fa.jpg

Last edited:
If this comes to fruition, and it's more than possible, these people are worse than one could ever have imagined.

I've already imagined them being worse than anyone could ever have imagined lol.

I can't believe the media being so light on them today. This is a disgrace to people who are actually ill and dying. There's a hell, and we know who will be going there one day. But they aren't going there anytime soon, because one of them is becoming a councillor (and a relatively healthy one who won't be going away).

Things that don't make sense to me: why would Mikey be needed as a placeholder, when all they needed to do was register Rob before 2 pm today? The whole placeholder concept makes no sense. Also, why have Doug run? He clearly has no desire to be a politician, he is vastly disliked, he won't win, and if rumour is to be believed, he's needed at Deco. All they needed to do was to have Rob either use his addiction recovery as an excuse, or quietly cite a health issue, register for ward 2, and voila - same result as now. So why all of this theatre and drama to go along with it, if the end result will almost certainly be the same?

Eta - I think I'm just trying to sort out my thoughts, and perhaps look for logic where there is none. Thanks for indulging me!

Doug's running to whip up sympathy for Rubbie. The phoney tears, please pray for him...

Makes me sick. In the same way spahab was a slap in the face to those battling addiction issues, if Metro Man is correct and they knew about this, it is the most vulgar act of disrespect for anyone, their friends and families who have had to face cancer.

And, BTW, let's not forget the Humber Doc's (I forget his name) association to the remove John Tory plot.

But to what end? If this is a created diversion for Rob to drop out of the mayor's race and register for councillor, why create all the hype to begin with, necessitating Doug to take attention away from Rob, why not just quietly give any old lame excuse for Rob to drop to councillor that Ford Nation would buy, and do it?

I know tone is hard to read online, and I'm not saying this confrontationally at all, just seeing if there is a reason I haven't thought of!
If the polls were in Rob's favour he would run as mayor. Doug didn't want to be a councillor again so he would have gone to Chicago, Rob would have stayed in the mayoralty race and Mikey in Ward 2. Contingency plan was what is happening today.

I hope the media is looking into Metro Man's comments.

I found the whole speech thing to be a big pile of poop. Doug and his fake breaking voice, his immediate family looking indifferent, Doug saying the Fords are all about family (while Kathy was nowhere to be seen) just had me rolling my eyes. I'm surprised Warmington wasn't holding Diane or handing Doug water.

I hope if they attack Doug in the upcoming weeks, they show the clips of him saying how much he hates being a councillor, how he expected it to be a part time job, and how he would be in Chicago once it was over.

Someone should put together a video clip of that stuff mixed in with Doug calling everyone maggots and scumbags.

After hearing the Hotmail Lawyer on CP24 just now - her commented on the fact that Tory will have to shelve his attack ads he had ready to go against RoFo - I wonder if the Tory camp on its hands on the Crack Video footages...? Would make sense.

i never thought about the switch costing other campaigns effort and money, but i guess it does. kind of ironic that the fords barely need to reprint anything, but the other campaigns do.

Even if sick, Rob would be more likely to win Ward 2 than Mikey: "Accept no substitutes".

Yeah, that's true, especially if there was supposed to be a debate between Mikey and Domise. I'm pretty sure that would count as a bloodsport.

If the polls were in Rob's favour he would run as mayor. Doug didn't want to be a councillor again so he would have gone to Chicago, Rob would have stayed in the mayoralty race and Mikey in Ward 2. Contingency plan was what is happening today.

I hope the media is looking into Metro Man's comments.

I know it won't happen, but I would love it if that insider blew the whistle. Just wishful thinking I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back