Status
Not open for further replies.
10598438_717121228366805_1715972250_n.jpg

http://iconosquare.com/p/807411480676257555_145379594

Attachments

• 10598438_717121228366805_1715972250_n.jpg
    10598438_717121228366805_1715972250_n.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 666
If the polls were in Rob's favour he would run as mayor. Doug didn't want to be a councillor again so he would have gone to Chicago, Rob would have stayed in the mayoralty race and Mikey in Ward 2. Contingency plan was what is happening today.

I hope the media is looking into Metro Man's comments.

But that's my point - if they're doing this simply because they're afraid that Rob wouldn't win the mayoral race, but they want him to still have a place on council to keep his name out there and active in city politics, I think he could have done that fairly easily by dropping out of the mayor's race and giving a minor reason that being mayor at this time is too much, but he could still be an effective councillor (addiction recovery, less stress as a councillor, or even that he has a less serious health issue) without requiring all this hoopla, and he would have easily won ward 2, looking forward to a comeback for mayor in 2018.

I feel very bad for Domise. What a shame. He would have been brilliant.

Wonder how Rob is coping with going cold turkey, for real this time......

The pain medication is probably providing some relief at the moment.

I remember how offended my brother was when he went to the hospital for kidney stones (in agonizing pain) and they treated him as if he was trying to scam them into giving him morphine.

Please TorStar and any other mainstream media, please find a Scarborough resident for your "man on the street interview segment" who does not fit the media narrative of "Scarborough Loves Da Fords", because I guarantee there is more than a few of us out there. Even with the few examples in that article, it's like the Star is going out of it's way to make sure the takeaway message is Ford gets much love from Scarborough. You know what, maybe I actually am in the minority in a sea of Ford loving Scarberians, but Eff. Da. Fords. Robber and Druggie -are- the tumors of this city.

I'd really love to see Domise win whoever the opposition is (and then run for mayor himself after a couple of terms), but the polls have been showing Mikey with 50%+ there, so I think Rob's still a shoo-in.

Statement from Andray Domise, posted on his website (emphasis mine):

A Statement From Andray Domise:
Posted by Peter Young · September 12, 2014 3:22 PM
In light of the developments today regarding the mayoral and council races, I have been asked several questions regarding Ward 2. I want to start by saying that the thoughts and prayers of this city are with Mayor Ford and his family, and on behalf of my entire campaign, I want to wish him a safe and speedy recovery.

Since I began this race, I have been focused on bringing fresh hope to Ward 2. The hope that an area that has typically felt alienated and left out by the political process downtown could speak together to demand a place at the table of influence in Toronto. Make no mistake, diversity may be our strength, but we still have far too many voices being left unheard. Rob Ford’s electoral success has been a testament to his ability to speak for the marginalized in this city, if only to shout 'No!' I disagree strongly with Rob Ford’s message, and with his politics, but ignoring the factors that led to his election is not the way to move our city forward.

He demanded Etobicoke be heard and while I am his political opponent, I intend to build on that legacy. Because it’s no longer enough to be heard – we have been. Now it’s time to step up. It’s time for the hard work of city building. I intend to bring local bus loops to our ward, implement programs to stream our youths into the technology sector, build a community centre, and bring the development that our community so desperately needs.

Whoever my opponent would turn out to be, I entered my name in the race for City Council to work for the people of Ward 2 and that will remain my focus. Who I’m running against does not change my priorities. Ward 2 is not a consolation prize. We can do better. It’s time to do better.

Domise has been endorsed by John Tory; I think I read elsewhere (twitter, perhaps?) that Domise is aligned with Tory's campaign. Kouvalis has been expecting the old switcheroo all along. A lot of Domise's rhetoric has been directed at both Rob and Doug, even though neither of them was his opponent and even before Mikey was floated as a candidate.

I know this may be wishful thinking on my part, but if Kouvalis has been preparing Andray for this all along it could get very interesting in ward 2. I love the line that I highlighted in his statement. I think it's the shot over the bow.

YES. I think this is the only way we'll learn the truth.

I think that they will get away with the whole scheme.

I think they give him something for pain.

"If Doug Ford wins, then Rob wins, right? So I’m good,” he said.

“I don’t really care about the rest of them.”

Low information voters.

But that's my point - if they're doing this simply because they're afraid that Rob wouldn't win the mayoral race, but they want him to still have a place on council to keep his name out there and active in city politics, I think he could have done that fairly easily by dropping out of the mayor's race and giving a minor reason that being mayor at this time is too much, but he could still be an effective councillor (addiction recovery, less stress as a councillor, or even that he has a less serious health issue) without requiring all this hoopla, and he would have easily won ward 2, looking forward to a comeback for mayor in 2018.

I feel very bad for Domise. What a shame. He would have been brilliant.

Because if he was ahead in the polls, he wold have stayed and so would Mikey. Mikey would then vote against everyone just like Doug does now. Then in a few years it would be Mikey's turn to be mayor and the dynasty would remain.

The pain medication is probably providing some relief at the moment.

I remember how offended my brother was when he went to the hospital for kidney stones (in agonizing pain) and they treated him as if he was trying to scam them into giving him morphine.

well, of all things, my Dad went in with same thing years ago and they thought he was suffering from the DT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back