News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.9K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Metro Man posted this here yet?

Ford family insider says they have known about this since May!

<p>Ford family insider: benign mass was detected in May, Rob wanted to wait until after election to remove it. Used it to switch seats today.</p>— Pedro Marques (@MetroManTO) <a href="https://twitter.com/MetroManTO/status/510592929833189376">September 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It wouldn't surprise anyone.

On the topic of cancer, the type that killed Terry Fox is now highly curable and people wouldn't have to lose their leg like he did.

http://www.680news.com/2014/09/12/c...hly-curable-other-sarcomas-still-challenging/

you could replay a lot of Doug's own word in an attack ad against him, about his feelings about being a councillor. In fact, the "part-time job" and "call me if you're in Chicago" quotes came within the last 2 weeks, I think. why would he say those things knowing if they were planning this all along?

Because he's a deceitful person and those were deceitful comments.

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Since Rob Ford had no chance of winning a few days ago, now he is guaranteed to become a Councillor and be a thorn in John Tory's side, as well as a side-show in the limelight, for the next 4 years. Brilliant! So when this tumour, you know, the one he's known about for years and is benign and hasn't caused him any problems until the week of the deadline, turns out to be really nothing...we can all rest assured that the people of Toronto are being looked after by the lone-wolf on Council. Brilliant. Can't wait for the biopsy results :p

If this comes to fruition, and it's more than possible, these people are worse than one could ever have imagined.

Don't smoke (including crack!), drink moderately, get 8 hours of sleep, develop tools for stress, don't be overweight, eat as healthy as you can and exercise every day - even a brisk 45 minute walk - and you greatly increase your total health picture, especially your heart, and life expectancy. Oh, and see your Doctor right away if you have ongoing pain in your lower left quadrant. That's the best we can do. Having no cancer in your family is a plus.

CP24 just did a collage of clips since the Rob news broke, Doug was much more sombre tonight (whether we believe it or not). I am even more certain, especially with family assembled tonight, that the news is not good. Poor Rob. So yes, I'm buying it. Call me a fool.

Off to lineup for TIFF Midnight Madness night #8. A very welcome distraction from all of this!

What We Do In The Shadows is the Midnight Madness movie tonight (I'm going too). Sounds a lot like the Ford campaign(s).

If it isn't benign, they had no business registering Rob in Ward 2. It's not like he needs to hold onto the job to support his family. It's all about his pride and the Ford family political dynasty. They make me sick.

You'd have thought if it was bad, they'd keep Mikey in the race for ward 2, sine he's likely to win it.

In the most recent Forum Mayoral poll (grain of salt), Rob was listed in third place in Etobicoke/York with 28%, behind Chow at 33% and Tory at 37%. Is it possible that the Fords have their calculus wrong here, assuming that Rob can win with ease? A strong candidate like Domise may be able to really take the battle to Ford in the Councillor race. Unlike Chow and Tory, he's got nothing to lose. I say, GLOVES OFF!

I'd really love to see Domise win whoever the opposition is (and then run for mayor himself after a couple of terms), but the polls have been showing Mikey with 50%+ there, so I think Rob's still a shoo-in.

I'd really love to see Domise win whoever the opposition is (and then run for mayor himself after a couple of terms), but the polls have been showing Mikey with 50%+ there, so I think Rob's still a shoo-in.

If it actually comes out that Rob knew he had a benign mass since May, that could throw a wrench into the works for him. I don't think even his fans would take too kindly to being played like that.

I think the reason Doug is running for mayor is to take the focus and media attention away from Rob. Doug doesn't want to run but he had no choice, in my opinion.

But to what end? If this is a created diversion for Rob to drop out of the mayor's race and register for councillor, why create all the hype to begin with, necessitating Doug to take attention away from Rob, why not just quietly give any old lame excuse for Rob to drop to councillor that Ford Nation would buy, and do it?

I know tone is hard to read online, and I'm not saying this confrontationally at all, just seeing if there is a reason I haven't thought of!

Wonder how Robs condition will affect police investigation. Do they take a break to wait and see what happens with him? If the case was just political maybe safe to wrap it up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back