157     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.9K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the whole speech thing to be a big pile of poop. Doug and his fake breaking voice, his immediate family looking indifferent, Doug saying the Fords are all about family (while Kathy was nowhere to be seen) just had me rolling my eyes. I'm surprised Warmington wasn't holding Diane or handing Doug water.

I hope if they attack Doug in the upcoming weeks, they show the clips of him saying how much he hates being a councillor, how he expected it to be a part time job, and how he would be in Chicago once it was over.

you could replay a lot of Doug's own word in an attack ad against him, about his feelings about being a councillor. In fact, the "part-time job" and "call me if you're in Chicago" quotes came within the last 2 weeks, I think. why would he say those things knowing if they were planning this all along?

All this cancer discussion scares the heck out of me. Especially as I am getting older. Thank-full my family has been spared from it. But, it's something that's always in the back of your mind.

Then all the more reason to get a colonoscopy if you're the right age for it. The actual test itself isn't bad [they give you plenty of drugs];
it's the preparation that's a pain.

Kevin Donovan just said on CBC that they'll now start looking a bit deeper into Doug Ford and see what they can pull up on him.

The carousel keeps turning :)

Things that don't make sense to me: why would Mikey be needed as a placeholder, when all they needed to do was register Rob before 2 pm today? The whole placeholder concept makes no sense. Also, why have Doug run? He clearly has no desire to be a politician, he is vastly disliked, he won't win, and if rumour is to be believed, he's needed at Deco. All they needed to do was to have Rob either use his addiction recovery as an excuse, or quietly cite a health issue, register for ward 2, and voila - same result as now. So why all of this theatre and drama to go along with it, if the end result will almost certainly be the same?
I think the reason Doug is running for mayor is to take the focus and media attention away from Rob. Doug doesn't want to run but he had no choice, in my opinion.

I'll still offer Krackenscandalburgermeister my best wishes for his health and prognosis but I'll also assert that Tug's an asshole who's trying to muddy the waters between Chow and Tory (Krackenscandalburgermeister never stood a chance).

I'm no fan of Tory but Chow has been so pathetic it's hard not to gravitate to someone unafraid of calling a spade a spade.

Has Metro Man posted this here yet?

Ford family insider says they have known about this since May!

Ford family insider: benign mass was detected in May, Rob wanted to wait until after election to remove it. Used it to switch seats today. Pedro Marques (@MetroManTO) <a href="https://twitter.com/MetroManTO/status/510592929833189376">September 13, 2014<

Last edited:
I'm no fan of Tory but Chow has been so pathetic it's hard not to gravitate to someone unafraid of calling a spade a spade.

Yup, all of the candidates have this perverse reluctance to call the Ford family out for that BS. Sorry buddy, Canadian politeness got limits.

AoD

All this cancer discussion scares the heck out of me. Especially as I am getting older. Thank-full my family has been spared from it. But, it's something that's always in the back of your mind.

Don't smoke (including crack!), drink moderately, get 8 hours of sleep, develop tools for stress, don't be overweight, eat as healthy as you can and exercise every day - even a brisk 45 minute walk - and you greatly increase your total health picture, especially your heart, and life expectancy. Oh, and see your Doctor right away if you have ongoing pain in your lower left quadrant. That's the best we can do. Having no cancer in your family is a plus.

CP24 just did a collage of clips since the Rob news broke, Doug was much more sombre tonight (whether we believe it or not). I am even more certain, especially with family assembled tonight, that the news is not good. Poor Rob. So yes, I'm buying it. Call me a fool.

Off to lineup for TIFF Midnight Madness night #8. A very welcome distraction from all of this!

Is there any video of this press conference? I'm looking but no luck so far.

Also, didja see Metroman's latest, about the FoFam insider saying that this benign tumour was found in May, was planned to be removed after election, but used to switch seats today instead?

Shoot, I'm pretty cynical, but this blows me away.

I haven't seen Tory calling a spade a spade with Rob Ford.

From what I've seen of the various debates, Chow has been a lot rougher on Rob Ford that John Tory.

Also, didja see Metroman's latest, about the FoFam insider saying that this benign tumour was found in May, was planned to be removed after election, but used to switch seats today instead?

Shoot, I'm pretty cynical, but this blows me away.
I was blown away at 1 pm, as it was pretty clear that was what was happening. But it's kind of obvious, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back