4.4K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 675     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, why haven't there been any poll results released post Karen Stintz dropping out? I would think people would be very curious to see who her followers gravitated to. Although maybe someone HAS commissioned a poll but didn't like the results?

I would imagine there needs to be a few minutes for people to think about it and decide. No sense polling right afterwards.

I guess R Ford is going to announce the new parade route....start at Woodbine east on Rexdale past Steak Queen and the mayor's viewing stand...continuing east to Islington turning south to Don Bosco finishing with a rally on the football field...(I suppose as long as McVety can permission from TCSSB)

"McRobb's Matter put over until Sept. 23 at 9:30 a.m."

"McRobb was not keen to speaking with us. A lawyer (not hers) accompanied her to her truck and she drove off."
https://twitter.com/SunReporterYuen/status/504279623908487168

View attachment 31931

McRobb also said she visited Toronto recently, but has "never been to city hall."

"She did speak with me outside of court before her appearance. Said she has not spoken to both Doug and @TOMayorFord ."

Looks like a monster truck. Expensive to own and operate.

i wonder if she dyed her hair hoping it would help her get close to / sneak up on ford.

i guess no one told her he seems to only go for blondes.

i also wonder what this is about...

something.jpg

https://twitter.com/SunReporterYuen/status/504279206898176001

eta...

However, sitting on a bench outside of court, McRobb told the Toronto Sun she has not seen Doug and Rob Ford.

“I don’t have any urge to contact (Rob),†she said outside of court.

She recently went to Toronto to visit a friend, but mainly commented on the traffic congestion getting into and out of the city.

“I have never even been to City Hall,†she said outside of court.

McRobb also noted outside of court she had her driver’s licence reinstated after a 90-day suspension and she was able to drive herself to court.

She also confirmed outside of court she is enrolling in to an all-women’s facility in Milton next month to battle with her alcoholism problems.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/26/woman-arrested-in-mayor-rob-fords-suv-in-court

Attachments

• something.jpg
    something.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:
News media continue to help Ford to mislead the public: CBC Radio (on in the background) has repeatedly reported this afternoon that Ford is angry because the City "has agreed" to pay Cusimano's legal fees - even after their own Jamie Strashin was on live (once) saying, correctly, that the City had no choice but to compensate Cusimano under the City's pre-exisiting policy.

Ahaha, nice. Her plans for extensive martial arts training for police is IMO, even better.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...seniors_martial_arts_training_for_police.html

And you know, while we're at it I think a police uniform re-design would not be out of order as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBtrLqHlEhg Seriously Mrs. Thompson, your talents are wasted here. Go to Portlandia, they are in dire need of your brand of 'You so cray cray' kookiness.

Back to Fordopolis. My heart says David Socknaki. Actually Andray Domise for Mayor is a close second. But my head says if it comes down to the wire and it's a close race, I will vote strategically for whoever has the best chance of beating Ford. Worryingly that may happen, because yeah I agree Chow is not swaying me, Tory has a foot in mouth at the 11th hour disease, and Rofo is such a freak case that the regular rules don't apply here.
And again, never underestimate the Crackbear Circus. Maybe only a freak show can stop another freak show. No, not you Mrs. Thompson, please go back on your horse. I'm thinking of a certain Bala Babe who dropped hints that she may or may not have visited TO recently.

it seems like since kathy spoke to the police, the media hasn't been covering her court appearances...

It seems to me that at least one outlet has had someone cover all of Kathy's appearances so far. Are you sure about there being one today? Also, if there was a required attendance today that was only for the purpose of setting a date, the appearance could have been done by Morris (assuming he is still her lawyer, as she told the Court a couple of appearances ago) or someone working for him (e.g., an articling student or paralegal) - which would not be a very newsworthy event, even by the low standards of osme of our news media. (A person charged, as Kathy is, with a summary offence can appear in person or by counsel or by an agent.)

all this talk of strategic voting makes me have to say what i said on the mayoral race thread.

i'd like to see how people would vote if ford wasn't in the race. removing him from a poll would remove the need to strategically vote, and we'd get a truer sense of how much each remaining candidate is liked / wanted.

maybe if some of you saw those numbers you'd stop this strategic voting nonsense.

i have also voted for the candidate i want, period. and i really wish others would do the same.

It seems to me that at least one outlet has had someone cover all of Kathy's appearances so far. Are you sure about there being one today? Also, if there was a required attendance today that was only for the purpose of setting a date, the appearance could have been done by Morris (assuming he is still her lawyer, as she told the Court a couple of appearances ago) or someone working for him (e.g., an articling student or paralegal) - which would not be a very newsworthy event, even by the low standards of osme of our news media. (A person charged, as Kathy is, with a summary offence can appear in person or by counsel or by an agent.)

Ford's case put over until Aug 26.

https://twitter.com/Shawn_Jeffords/status/496658066788847617

no one has said whether or not her lawyer is still morris.

also... they have filled us in on cases where the defendant hasn't made an appearance before. mcrobb's last court dates for example.

She also confirmed outside of court she is enrolling in to an all-women’s facility in Milton next month to battle with her alcoholism problems.
Maybe the "something" she wants to talk about is her enrollment at this facility, perhaps hoping to have charges dropped if she goes to this facility? As opposed to, say, her having dirt on Rob Ford that she wants to reveal, which is what we're all hoping it is. But I would say it's the former that is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back