News   Jul 12, 2024
 638     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 286     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 3m
Mayor's spox also says Ford may do a media availability at some point this afternoon. Says he wants to talk about streetcars on King

RoFo talking about streetcars is bound to be filled with misinformation.

The best example is "Francois" is Newfoundland which when pronounced sounds like "France-ways".

I think I saw something about the Rob Ford Rangers a few days ago - handwritten signs about cleaning up, posted near garbage cans? I didn't realize the Rangers were (a) a thing (of dubious realness, admittedly) and (b) anything to do with Singing Jimmy.

huh? I think they ARE singing Jimmy -- as in him being their sole member. Or maybe 2 members: Jimmy and his bear. Are you saying you've seen other people admitting that they belong to this?

Or the Dutch version (eye-ax)

A question of transcription: the value of 'j' in Dutch is almost always 'y', and the Greek hero's actual name was Aias. I'm not sure how the 'j' came to be in the English version, since (ancient) Greek doesn't have a J.

huh? I think they ARE singing Jimmy -- as in him being their sole member. Or maybe 2 members: Jimmy and his bear. Are you saying you've seen other people admitting that they belong to this?

No, I guess I fell for the ruse of Jimmy's fairly secret army.

It's how we elitists here like to pass the quiet time - we discuss such diverse and esoteric topics as Ford's ancestors, sailing ships, encryption technology and '70s music.

I think we've all learned some interesting stuff along the way through the nearly 80,000 posts.

If not for UT, I would never have learned about double coyote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back