758     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 691     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 301     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best example is "Francois" is Newfoundland which when pronounced sounds like "France-ways".

Was about to mention that one - also Baie Verte (pronounced Bay Vurt). :)

Streetcars v buses - still? Oof. That was being debated well before I left Toronto. And subways/LRT, of course. Plus ça change... *sigh*

@reporterdonpeat 14s
Jim McMillan of the Rob Ford Rangers handing Mayor Rob Ford #TTC construction helmets he found in garbage #TOpoli
Bucth5BIYAEOHUW.jpg

weird. Whose garbage? Jimmy is going thru people's garbage?? :confused:

Probably "expired" - past their effective work life (it's a thing).

A question of transcription: the value of 'j' in Dutch is almost always 'y', and the Greek hero's actual name was Aias. I'm not sure how the 'j' came to be in the English version, since (ancient) Greek doesn't have a J.

Probably from the Latin version - a lot of Latin words have a j in place of an i, eg hujusmodi / huiusmodi. It's especially true in medieval Latin.

Please forgive me complete Luddite. Is there any way to quickly find the original post after a repost? I.e. some one quoted Albert h. Wagstaff today and I liked it so I want to see the original context of the post. Also can I see somebody's total post history if I find them clever?

heh, you're right - detroyt in regular speech, DEtroit if you're a radio host (WRIF comes to mind).

I wonder if any of you Windsor - Detroit folks listened to The Big 8 radio?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDCdbmwy9l8

Their crime, fire and accident reports were awesome.

They should be ashamed of themselves. But, I loved it!

@reporterdonpeat 14s
Jim McMillan of the Rob Ford Rangers handing Mayor Rob Ford #TTC construction helmets he found in garbage #TOpoli
Bucth5BIYAEOHUW.jpg

weird. Whose garbage? Jimmy is going thru people's garbage?? :confused:

Maybe FN is going hard-hat for their next rally. Those signs their squad carries wield look like they could decapitate.

Last edited:
Watching ROFO on CP24 now - media is really starting to push back and trying to call him out on what he says. He claims they had a plan to build subways on Queen AND KING. Idiot. Queen was a streetcar burial and King Street NEVER was discussed.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 29s
"You're never going to catch me at the liquor store. You're never going to catch me doing anything illegal...those days are gone," Ford says

Doesn't rule out prescription drugs!

Watching ROFO on CP24 now - media is really starting to push back and trying to call him out on what he says. He claims they had a plan to build subways on Queen AND KING. Idiot. Queen was a streetcar burial and King Street NEVER was discussed.

Queen and King? That's a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back