1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 942     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford called a guy at 12:51 this morning and left a voice mail. Who does that when they're sober?
I don't think he randomly makes the calls when drunk. He starts going down the list and returning calls earlier... and just doesn't stop as it gets later. The content of the calls (slurring/rambling, etc) suggests he's drunk/high. But I think he honestly thinks there's nothing wrong with making calls late into the night/morning. He probably figures if he's up to make those calls, you should be grateful that he's returning them! That's just one thing that is so flawed with his belief that returning every call is an important part of his job.

Has this been tweeted at all? It needs to get out there.

Not really. It's very old and similar accounts have been reported by others over the years. No recording, no real specifics. Just more of the same. Everyone knows he's been drunk in the past (and in the present -- but these calls don't prove anything about the present) and all this account does is reinforce the notion that he works hard (in spite of not being to control his addictions) and other people/agencies don't give a f*ck about public inquiries.

Rofo actually boasted about calling folks at late hours during his coffee run with deadmau5. Along the lines of "people tell me to call anytime so I do. He prattles on about it for a couple minutes. He seemed totally baked. Between 16 and 17 minutes he ties it to his quintuple eXpresso.

Last edited:
Not really. It's very old and similar accounts have been reported by others over the years. No recording, no real specifics. Just more of the same. Everyone knows he's been drunk in the past (and in the present -- but these calls don't prove anything about the present) and all this account does is reinforce the notion that he works hard (in spite of not being to control his addictions) and other people/agencies don't give a f*ck about public inquiries.

I was asking specifically about Torontovibe's account of Ford's incoherent call around midnight last night being tweeted.

that wasn't last night.

Ahhh I see. I was responding to this new post, no date specified and it was in response to the latest 2am call:

Rob Ford called me after midnight too. I was watching the Daily show and when the phone rang, I thought who the hell is calling me at this hour. I figured it was an emergency or something important but nope, it was just Rob returning my call at around 12:30 am. I was taken aback by that but the conversation was even weirder. I'm sure he was on something that night, as he seemed to lose consciousness a few times during the 10 minute conversation.

I don'He probably figures if he's up to make those calls, you should be grateful that he's returning them! That's just one thing that is so flawed with his belief that returning every call is an important part of his job.

But 2am? I don't care how much you love the guy, that's not a) appropriate, or b) normal.

I'm gaming it out in my head and he'll go with "I work so hard, I'm returning calls at 2am... 18 hour days... Greatest mayor that ever mayored..."

"But is it appropriate to call people at 2am?"

"I call people all the time and, you know what? They tell me that this is the first time politician has ever called them..."

So, yeah, he'll more than likely be thrilled to have this become an issue. Unless the recording makes is *obvious* that he was wasted. If we get the first "confirmed" stupor post-rehab, it would be the equivalent of the Steak Queen video, which was the first confirmed stupor after he started working with his "team of professionals" in December.

Bottom line, he won't learn anything and will continue along his self-destructive path.

I don't think he randomly makes the calls when drunk. He starts going down the list and returning calls earlier... and just doesn't stop as it gets later. The content of the calls (slurring/rambling, etc) suggests he's drunk/high. But I think he honestly thinks there's nothing wrong with making calls late into the night/morning. He probably figures if he's up to make those calls, you should be grateful that he's returning them! That's just one thing that is so flawed with his belief that returning every call is an important part of his job.

Every Ahab must have their great white whale.

I think I wrote this here before... but, it's releveant to the 2am call, so:

Back when Ford asked for women to call him so he could teach them about politics (a classic!) my friend did just that.
Rob returned her call a month and a half or so later late at night and left a message: "Hi, this is Rob Ford returning your call... not sure what you wanted but I'm here to help... call me back... etc...". He sounded bored, sleepy, dejected.
It was obvious he was just going through a list and had no idea what peoples problems were or how to help them.

Oh, and she was in California with a California number that he called!

Oh, and it was the very night after the first time Doolittle broke the crack story. He was holed up at city hall drunk/high calling constituents to make himself feel better (as he does).

Updated to add Giroux:

Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 3.23.22 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 3.23.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 3.23.22 PM.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,065
Probably tops out at about 89 -- the 23rd percentile of the IQ distribution.

"Rednecks, crackers, hillbillies, hausfraus, shut-ins, pea-pickers - everybody that's got to jump when somebody else blows the whistle. They're mine! I own 'em! They think like I do. Only they're even more stupid than I am, so I gotta think for 'em!" ;)

View attachment 30822View attachment 30823
From "A Face in the Crowd."

Last edited:
"Rednecks, crackers, hillbillies, hausfraus, shut-ins, pea-pickers - everybody that's got to jump when somebody else blows the whistle. They're mine! I own 'em! They think like I do. Only they're even more stupid than I am, so I gotta think for 'em."

View attachment 30822View attachment 30823
From "A Face in the Crowd."

This reminds me of the "Rob don't use no computers" bragging by DoFoJr.
Maybe he is a savant and crunches the billions he's saving the Taxper in his head?

Like, isn't Excel on computers and shit?

This reminds me of the "Rob don't use no computers" bragging by DoFoJr.
Maybe he is a savant and crunches the billions he's saving the Taxper in his head?

Like, isn't Excel on computers and shit?

Most computer hardware run into problems when exposed to and immersed in gravy. Excel tends to choke when calculating large figures of savings in the billions and gajillions. Also, Excel is politically biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back