News   Jul 12, 2024
 940     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Thread,

The individual insisting posters PM *them* with info is mildly discomfiting. Generally, and YMMV, those who had a degree of 'cred' would PM any threader who said something mildly interesting (to poster w/ cred) and such discussions would go sub-rosa. Why the need to covet and hide as opposed to share and enlighten?

Sincerely,

A. Curious, York Mills

So, yeah, he'll more than likely be thrilled to have this become an issue. Unless the recording makes is *obvious* that he was wasted. If we get the first "confirmed" stupor post-rehab, it would be the equivalent of the Steak Queen video, which was the first confirmed stupor after he started working with his "team of professionals" in December.

Bottom line, he won't learn anything and will continue along his self-destructive path.

And consider how many remaining Ford Nationals have probably *never*, themselves, called the Mayor. They just *hear* about his being always available and always diligently returning calls, and take it at face value.

That is, his returning calls might actually *lose* votes--among those being called--than gain them.

Less than than meh. Sucks. I had *higher* expectations.

Phoning someone around 2:00 am illustrates that Ford has mental health issues aplenty. No rational, responsible adult would would even think of doing that, unless, of course, it's an emergency, or that person is high on something.

Last edited:
Phoning someone around 2:00 am illustrates that Ford has got to mental health issues aplenty. No rational, responsible adult would would even think of doing that, unless, of course, it's an emergency, or that person is high on something.

Oh I know that and you know that but will this play well come tomorrow or because one can't tell if he had a few pops, will it be merely Robbie loves you Toronto.

Phoning someone around 2:00 am illustrates that Ford has got to mental health issues aplenty. No rational, responsible adult would would even think of doing that, unless, of course, it's an emergency, or that person is high on something.

It also pretty much guarantees he doesn't run the risk of actually speaking to his constituents or addressing their concerns. Window dressing.

It would be fitting if someone started robocalling Ford Nation at 2:00am with a recorded message about potholes. Maybe in September when the kids go back to school.

Phoning someone around 2:00 am illustrates that Ford has got to mental health issues aplenty.

Cut off time is 10 PM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujovwq_qxRU

It would be fitting if someone started robocalling Ford Nation at 2:00am with a recorded message about potholes. Maybe in September when the kids go back to school.

LMAO

Re the late night phone call from MINO to a constituent, someone on Twitter is claiming, "this thing was staged." to Jonathan Goldsbie.

"For seven seconds of voicemail I have to listen to two full minutes of idiot? Great..."

Video is now private...

Hoax? :confused:

( As seen on Twitter ) This just in from Burlington...
View attachment 30827

Last edited:
So. This shouldl be be interesting. The former Q West habituee (or not) taking on her/his/its speculative ?ioners. Show us the visionary, prof.

Lately he's been downplaying the cost to provide subways subways subways - he's claimed "his" tax increase is only 0.25% although the final prop tax hike will be 1.6%. Because that's what he'd like it to be, or possibly just because his garbled speech comes out sounding that way.

i know most on here know that ford's "i save taxpayers' money" persona is a fraud, but i gotta get this out.

Ford has raised taxes, not lowered them. After a tax freeze in his first budget, in 2011, there has been a property tax increase in each successive budget: 2.5 per cent in 2012, 2 per cent in 2013, 2.7 per cent in 2014.

his tax increase for that subway, in Scarborough, is not “a quarter of one per cent†— it is 0.5 per cent in 2014, another 0.5 per cent in 2015, and another 0.6 per cent in 2016, then staying for about 30 years.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...s_14_untrue_things_at_scarborough_debate.html

Ford of imposing “the largest tax increase in the city’s history,†the 30-year, $910-million property tax and development charge hike needed to cover the extra cost of a subway over an LRT line. Ford said the subway would cost a mere $5 per household, which is not true; the project will require an extra $40 per year for about 30 years beginning in 2016.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...onto_mayoral_debate_set_for_this_evening.html

i know most on here know that ford's "i save taxpayers' money" persona is a fraud, but i gotta get this out.

Whoa! Does that mean that the new subways won't open for decades? For anyone over 40, subways subways subways won't be available until retirement retirement retirement. Bicycles may be the new necessity. And for that I'll be called a communist. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back