News   Jul 12, 2024
 976     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 367     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
bighouse.jpg

For the record it's a very tasty pizza and they make you use the pizza's full name when ordering it.

Attachments

• bighouse.jpg
    bighouse.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 787
Ford called a guy at 12:51 this morning and left a voice mail. Who does that when they're sober?

Rob Ford called me after midnight too. I was watching the Daily show and when the phone rang, I thought who the hell is calling me at this hour. I figured it was an emergency or something important but nope, it was just Rob returning my call at around 12:30 am. I was taken aback by that but the conversation was even weirder. I'm sure he was on something that night, as he seemed to lose consciousness a few times during the 10 minute conversation.

Rob Ford called me after midnight too. I was watching the Daily show and when the phone rang, I thought who the hell is calling me at this hour. I figured it was an emergency or something important but nope, it was just Rob returning my call at around 12:30 am. I was taken aback by that but the conversation was even weirder. I'm sure he was on something that night, as he seemed to lose consciousness a few times during the 10 minute conversation.

Whoa whoa whoa, don't leave us hanging like that. What was the conversation about? Besides the losses of consciousness, was anything else weird?

I had 2 conversations with the mayor, once before he became mayor and once after. When Ford was running for mayor he promised to clean up the streets and I was wondering if that meant the postering on Bloor, Spadina, Church and Queens Streets, so I called Ford to find out. I can't even describe how strange the conversation was because Ford kept going off into different directions. His babbling made no sense at all. I wish I would have recored those conversations, that would have been funny as hell. He was quite incoherent and would just stop talking in the middle of a sentence. I had to ask him 3 or 4 times, are you still there? I think he fell asleep. Back then I wasn't thinking hard drugs but I figured he was drunk. He gave me something like 5 different phone numbers of people to call but he kept getting the numbers wrong and had to repeat himself so many times, it just got confusing. At one point I thought I was being punked, it was just so weird. Anyway, nothing ever came out of that and none of the people he told me to phone, were helpful in any way. None of them returned my calls, so it was just a big waste of time but I do think the postering on Queen Street is not as bad as it was back then. Then again, that probably had nothing to do with my calls.

My 2 conversations with Ford were both about cleaning up the public realm. (postering, dirt, tagging and the lack of maintenance of drinking fountains, parks, sidewalks) Basically, I just kept being told to call different people but nobody seemed to be responsible for anything. Nobody had any clear answers about anything and nobody returns phone calls. I've been waiting for about a month now for Waterfront Toronto to call me back but nobody does. I don't think anybody really gives a crap what the public thinks. (Well, unless it's election time)

Last edited:
I have inside info too, which is why I was asking, Wombat. I've heard she's a part-time dominatrix and gets her kicks by writing this provocative sh*t. *Cannot" reveal my source :)

That'd make sense. People who work in the sex industry (and those who're served by them) all too often tend to have (or cater to) rather, uh, arriviste taste and values. Always have (which is why "bordello style" has long been a byword for vulgarity).

Calling Rob Ford a true urban visionary is like calling Fifty Shades Of Grey great literature.

Another great entry in the big book of Things You Never Want to Have to Ask About Your Mayor.

I had 2 conversations with the mayor, once before he became mayor and once after. When Ford was running for mayor he promised to clean up the streets and I was wondering if that meant the postering on Bloor, Spadina, Church and Queens Streets, so I called Ford to find out. I can't even describe how strange the conversation was because Ford kept going off into different directions. His babbling made no sense at all. I wish I would have recored those conversations, that would have been funny as hell. He was quite incoherent and would just stop talking in the middle of a sentence. I had to ask him 3 or 4 times, are you still there? I think he fell asleep. Back then I wasn't thinking hard drugs but I figured he was drunk. He gave me something like 5 different phone numbers of people to call but he kept getting the numbers wrong and had to repeat himself so many times, it just got confusing. At one point I thought I was being punked, it was just so weird. Anyway, nothing ever came out of that and none of the people he told me to phone, were helpful in any way. None of them returned my calls, so it was just a big waste of time but I do think the postering on Queen Street is not as bad as it was back then. Then again, that probably had nothing to do with my calls.

My 2 conversations with Ford were both about cleaning up the public realm. (postering, dirt, tagging and the lack of maintenance of drinking fountains, parks, sidewalks) Basically, I just kept being told to call different people but nobody seemed to be responsible for anything. Nobody had any clear answers about anything and nobody returns phone calls. I've been waiting for about a month now for Waterfront Toronto to call me back but nobody does. I don't think anybody really gives a crap what the public thinks. (Well, unless it's election time)

Has this been tweeted at all? It needs to get out there.

The resistance to the mayor’s ambitions is revealing: it comes from patrician Toronto hipsters who, it must be said, like their leaders to look and act just like them. These are the infamous “latte-sipping elites,†those downtowners who refer to themselves in the ironical and who are gleefully taking Ford to task for his appetites and the videos they’ve spawned. Read More... http://goo.gl/CXYFFq

I have inside info too, which is why I was asking, Wombat. I've heard she's a part-time dominatrix and gets her kicks by writing this provocative sh*t. *Cannot" reveal my source :)

That'd make sense. People who work in the sex industry (and those who're served by them) all too often tend to have (or cater to) rather, uh, arriviste taste and values. Always have (which is why "bordello style" has long been a byword for vulgarity).

Calling Rob Ford a true urban visionary is like calling Fifty Shades Of Grey great literature.

Sorry but this is bullshit. I'm not going to discount someone's ability to formulate reasonable political/social views because they "work in the sex industry." Nor does it make them any more likely to fabricate things on their blog than if they were a dentist, or a dog groomer or a forklift operator. If that's what we are going to use to malign someone's intelligence, then we are no better than the FN types who scream "latte-sipping elitists" all the time.

Just a little bit of difference in the estimated surplus! How can they be ranging from $1.2 to $150. million? Since we're half way through the year, I would like to think they could be a little more accurate.

“My gut feeling is that is a very conservative projection at this point in time,†Di Giorgio said Friday. “My anticipation would be that (the surplus) would be in the neighbourhood of about $150 million.â€

You guys do remember back in late Fall 2010 the Ford forces howling in derision at the fact Miller/Carroll miraculously created a current year variance100M surplus out of thin air.... (of course it climbed to 367M by the time the 2011 Budget was intrduced)

Sorry but this is bullshit. I'm not going to discount someone's ability to formulate reasonable political/social views because they "work in the sex industry." Nor does it make them any more likely to fabricate things on their blog than if they were a dentist, or a dog groomer or a forklift operator. If that's what we are going to use to malign someone's intelligence, then we are no better than the FN types who scream "latte-sipping elitists" all the time.

Agreed. I went to law school with a girl who "worked in the sex industry" throughout law school just so she could pay her tuition. She is now a brilliant and successful lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back