963     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 625     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why he was quoted saying that more [candidates in the race] the merrier. Mind you, even if he won, he wouldn't be able to work with council (which will in all likelihood be even more hostile than the current slate) and have very little claim on morality authority to rule at 30%.

Oh for sure. And if rodofo wins a 2nd term, and gets shut out in council chamber and becomes MINO again. He will likely kick up an even bigger tantrum and fecal storm. I have no doubt of his malice and huge sense of entitlement when it comes to things like that. If Rofo can't have it, no one else can.

Possibly because of 'autocorrect'? I suspect this might be why people here say 'camping' instead of 'campaigning'.

...or maybe it's some type of inside joke that I'm unaware of...

rofo camping ad.jpg

Attachments

• rofo camping ad.jpg
    rofo camping ad.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 662
Possibly because of 'autocorrect'? I suspect this might be why people here say 'camping' instead of 'campaigning'.

...or maybe it's some type of inside joke that I'm unaware of...

Camping is not an autocorrect mistake. Early on RoFo's campaign website had a major typo. The word campaigning was misspelled as camping and cached by Google. So if you searched camping RoFo's site would come up. It has become a chronical joke around UT. And don't get me started on eXpresso! Ufa, mi nona is rolling over in her grave!

anyone else wondering why deadrat filmed this and then posted on youtube? doesn't exactly do either of them any favours. awkward and dumb dialogue

He's taken all sorts of visiting celebrities on coffee runs and posted them on youtube. Check out his youtube channel. Rob Ford is just the latest one to accept his offer.

The camping thing iirc was from rofo's campaign website or address, it once listed a camping supply store or such.

Rob Ford Camping.jpg

The "Camping" typo was recently fixed, but the "Rob Ford Campaign" Yellow Pages listing is still categorized under "Auto Parts" and the website link given takes you to Donway Ford. :confused:
HTH:rolleyes:

ETA: Beat me to it!

Attachments

• Rob Ford Camping.jpg
    Rob Ford Camping.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 700
Here’s the Assumptions Arithmetic that worries me:

• ~ 8% support for Stintz
  • ~ 8% support for Soknacki
  • ~ 1% support for all fringe candidates
  • 27% = Alan Keyes Constant = Ford Nation core support
  • 44% = subtotal
  • 100% -44% = 56%
  • 56% divide by 2 front-runner candidates (Tory & Chow, Ginsberg & Wong, Wayne & Shuster, etc)
= 28% each

Question: how many additional points – from low-information voters – does FooNayshun need to win? :(

NB: margin of error is still about 3%

Great breakdown.

The key to beating RoFo is to increase voter turnout. If we assume that his batshit crazies remain at 50% turnout (due to hubris-a word none of them have every heard of), then one of the frontrunners can beat him by increasing turnout by even 5%. The key is to increase participation. All those "folks" that aren't batshit crazy that voted for him last time because he had them fooled aren't going to be fooled again.

WORK TO INCREASE PARTICIPATION.

There is no way Ford has more than 20% of the vote come election day. That's being generous. And there is no way that he gains an appreciable number of supporters between now and then. Even if you bump up Socks and Stintz to 20% total, Chow and Tory have 60% to fight between, with 30% being the lowest possible. I would even say Socks has a better chance of winning than RoFo, as outside a shot as either of them are.

I also think if it looks like Ford has a serious shot closer to the election, Socks will bow out. There is no way he will let Ford get away with that, he is much too smart and principled for that.

I agree that massive vote splitting benefits RoFo, but Stintz is not going anywhere. In a 4 way split of 95% of the vote, someone needs more than 24%. That is not possible for Ford, not to mention Tory and Chow would both have to drop to below 23%, which is also not going to happen.

There is no way Ford has more than 20% of the vote come election day. That's being generous. And there is no way that he gains an appreciable number of supporters between now and then. Even if you bump up Socks and Stintz to 20% total, Chow and Tory have 60% to fight between, with 30% being the lowest possible. I would even say Socks has a better chance of winning than RoFo, as outside a shot as either of them are.

I also think if it looks like Ford has a serious shot closer to the election, Socks will bow out. There is no way he will let Ford get away with that, he is much too smart and principled for that.

I agree that massive vote splitting benefits RoFo, but Stintz is not going anywhere. In a 4 way split of 95% of the vote, someone needs more than 24%. That is not possible for Ford, not to mention Tory and Chow would both have to drop to below 23%, which is also not going to happen.

What's your reasoning for Ford only getting 20% of the vote? I'm curious to know. We've only seen one poll so far that puts him in that range.

In that scenario I worry that KS and DS supporters will just stay home. My mind reels how many people can complain but never vote. (I vote *and* I clutch my pearls tsk-tsk.)

As many have said, the key may be to talk to all the non-voting types you can, one-to-one. Get them out to vote!

YES, YES, YES! Volunteer to drive on election day, do whatever it takes. MAKE people who aren't crazy vote. They will not vote for Ford. Every person that you influence will help. Explain the Keyes constant to them. Explain that he could win again due to low voter turnout. Keep to the facts--stick to his voting record. we're so Canadian we want to give people the benefit of redemption. Don't rely on "he's an addict" to win them over.

He's taken all sorts of visiting celebrities on coffee runs and posted them on youtube. Check out his youtube channel. Rob Ford is just the latest one to accept his offer.

It's all about attention, and I doubt there's any more to it than that. I doubt he's a Ford supporter. As with Kimmel, it's all about having the biggest f-up on the evening news to guest start on his show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back