695     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.2K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question: How many people here think Rob is sober these days, and how many think he will relapse before Oct. 27? I think he's mostly sober, given the amount of babysitting that's been going on. Probably smoking some weed, given his performance at Danzig, but mostly at home and late at night. Booze? I wouldn't be surprised if he's had a tipple or two, but I get the impression he's being very careful around it. As for the Ford Fest speech (or at least the clip I saw), I think he was sober and in full-on football-coach mode. If the gang around him stays vigilant, I think he might make it to the election.

Rob Ford is not sober.

He was high on a bottle of benzos in his post-spahab interviews. In the Danzig interview he was wasted and wearing the exact same clothes as the night before - I'm guessing a night of crack followed by a bottle of vodka in the escalade on his way to the event. He was reportedly been seen in the Kipling/Dixon area -once heading towards 15 Windsor, once behind a building late at night talking to a gang-looking guy. He parted company with his sobriety coach.

I think after those incidents he was chastised by Diane and Doug and now he's making an attempt to restrain himself or limit intake (e.g., pop benzos/oxy instead of smoking crack, smoke weed instead of drinking vodka). But there's no way he's stopped, and that milder use won't last, and it won't be long (maybe two more weeks) until he's back at it full-time like a champ.

Five shots of espresso in one cup? That's a person who spends a lot of time balancing uppers against downers as an excuse to constantly self-medicate.

Cue video.

One can believe there could be a large enough quantity of sympathy for the likes of Dougie.

A family tragedy at the cottage then would be in order, a good old fashioned "gas leak" or more topical, and apropos, a twister.

Or a sharknado?

Rob Ford is not sober.

He was high on a bottle of benzos in his post-spahab interviews. In the Danzig interview he was wasted and wearing the exact same clothes as the night before - I'm guessing a night of crack followed by a bottle of vodka in the escalade on his way to the event. He was reportedly been seen in the Kipling/Dixon area -once heading towards 15 Windsor, once behind a building late at night talking to a gang-looking guy. He parted company with his sobriety coach.

I think after those incidents he was chastised by Diane and Doug and now he's making an attempt to restrain himself or limit intake (e.g., pop benzos/oxy instead of smoking crack, smoke weed instead of drinking vodka). But there's no way he's stopped, and that milder use won't last, and it won't be long (maybe two more weeks) until he's back at it full-time like a champ.

Five shots of espresso in one cup? That's a person who spends a lot of time balancing uppers against downers as an excuse to constantly self-medicate.

Cue video.

Also, he calls it "expresso". That should be grounds for removal from office on it's own.

Except the info came from Lisi.

Exactly.

McRobb gets a DM from JimmiT, who probably mentioned something about who he was. She calls Lisi, since I'm pretty sure she's keen for the slightest excuse to call him, since he's her only connection to Ford. Lisi tells her that JimmiT is just a snake who is trying to pump her for information to feed to the Star, and then gives her the lowdown on JimmiT and his brother. McRobb writes angry tweet.

Just a theory of course :)

Exactly.

McRobb gets a DM from JimmiT, who probably mentioned something about who he was. She calls Lisi, since I'm pretty sure she's keen for the slightest excuse to call him, since he's her only connection to Ford. Lisi tells her that JimmiT is just a snake who is trying to pump her for information to feed to the Star, and then gives her the lowdown on JimmiT and his brother. McRobb writes angry tweet.

Your theory sounds about right!

One can believe there could be a large enough quantity of sympathy for the likes of Dougie.

A family tragedy at the cottage then would be in order, a good old fashioned "gas leak" or more topical, and apropos, a twister.

Would need to be a big one.

Exactly.

That's a bit of speculation I could get behind. Those dots are nicely put together.

Bt4ybIaCYAA7DtC.jpg

https://twitter.com/StevenPrentice/status/494888452731580416/photo/1

Thanks for the laugh of the day!

I think the idea that Ford has a chance is laughable. Too much stock is being put into the Keyes Constant and a shoddy Forum poll. This is a really unique situation, that is for sure.

Ford's brand is beyond saturated at this point, and has been for ages. The majority of people have made up their mind about him, so the way the media handles him, and the approach Ford takes with constituents isn't as much of a factor as people make it out to be. He's still playing the game to keep his numbers where they are, which aren't anywhere close to electable in any combination of splits. He has been treading water ever since the crack scandal hit and has shown to be doing nothing but sinking. There is likely to be a higher turnout this time as well, and the added votes will be for other candidates.

No way home cooking, Ford has an excellent chance of winning. There are too many candidates to split the vote. Soknacki may well be the Nader of this election, diverting votes from Tory. Human nature is vengeful and spiteful. Higher turnout means more Ford voters.

Also while a Tory supporter may switch to Soknacki, the Ford supporter generally will not switch no matter what. Ford supporters are emotionally motivated whereas a Soknacki supporters uses reason and intelligence (hence the low support numbers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back