1.5K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 801     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to this election bid Chow has been in Ottawa. She has been out of municipal politics since 2005. I've lived here 20 years and the city has changed tremendously since 2005. To beat the (proverbial) pig you must roll in the dirt and she won't/can't do that.

Yes Tory has lost a lot of elections but who cares by that logic Ford should win since he has been very successful in elections. He has lived and hosted the radio show sat on boards and he knows what is up.

If Tory punched Doug Ford is the face while yelling yo momma he would win in a landslide because Idiotcracy.

It's kind of interesting that a couple of weeks post-rehab and with a Ford Fest circus, the Ford boosters are back in this thread. A couple of oldsters (malvern, spider), a couple of newbies (Greg Banks from the 'I'm old so I know much more than you' school and RoboHobo from the more traditional newbie 'troll the lefties' school).

I will agree with the poster who said what Ford does well is outrage, and the other candidates need to be outraged right back. The only two that can pull that off at this point are probably Chow and Tory. Stintz had her chance and decided to pass, for who knows what reason. Soks just doesn't have the personality, unfortunately.

Would it help Chow, a soft spoken person at the best of times, to enlist a professional shouter (an Adam Vaughn or Thomas Mulcair type, maybe? Mulcair has always done angry pretty well.) I don't know.

Tory can do outrage and insults himself. He might be the best at counteracting Ford anyway, because he's also on the right. Apollo/Muzik/Moore Corp. is Ford's soft underbelly with the corporate crowd. Let the 'kickback' mudslinging begin!

I posted the Tareyton ad, but nothing with KS or even mentioning KS in it.

Can you show us the link or Post # you are referring to?

Someone put up a parody shot of the ad with KS having a black eye (not in good taste). I put up side by side link comparisons of KS and Renata - Interesting and telling.

Someone put up a parody shot of the ad with KS having a black eye (not in good taste). I put up side by side link comparisons of KS and Renata - Interesting and telling.

OK understood thanks. The Tarrington ad I put up was #77207. It was in reference to FN only.

I did not post any words or pics regarding Mrs Stintz or Mrs Ford.

I believe FN would go down with the ship or a Banzai charge rather than surrender.

( Reminds me of the old cigarette ad. )

View attachment 30673

Last edited:
OK understood thanks. The Tarrington ad I put up was #77207. It was in reference to FN only.

I just thought the woman in the ad looked a bit like Stintz. Never mind.

I agree that massive vote splitting benefits RoFo, but Stintz is not going anywhere. In a 4 way split of 95% of the vote, someone needs more than 24%. That is not possible for Ford, not to mention Tory and Chow would both have to drop to below 23%, which is also not going to happen.

Forgot to add that if Socks surges into a 4 way race, he will be pulling primarily from Chow, which benefits Tory, not Ford.

What's your reasoning for Ford only getting 20% of the vote? I'm curious to know. We've only seen one poll so far that puts him in that range.

Every poll that has Ford in the mid to late twenties is a Forum poll with dubious methods. Ergo, his support must be lower than mid twenties.

A few other scenarios:

If he ends up with 23% of the vote, the possibility that he comes out as the victor is so insanely remote. Every other candidate would have to poll below 23%. If Chow dips below 23%, her votes will be going to Socks or Tory, making the latter scenario impossible.

Even if Ford really is at 27% and Stintz stays at 5, the other 3 would have to be below 26%. Socks would have to gain a whole bunch of votes, and who are those coming from? Chow, meaning Tory remains essentially the same and wins handily. Ford would require Socks to gain an equal number of votes from Tory and Chow to win. That's just not rational.

It was a post immediately after yours with the cigarette ad and a photoshopped image of Karen Stintz with the same black eye, but it was removed within minutes. I think the poster's idea was that she would rather keep fighting like the woman in the ad but it would have been better as an analogy in words rather than pictures.

Carry on casita!

It was a post immediately after yours with the cigarette ad and a photoshopped image of Karen Stintz with the same black eye, but it was removed within minutes. I think the poster's idea was that she would rather keep fighting like the woman in the ad but it would have been better as an analogy in words rather than pictures.

Carry on casita!

Thanks for clarifying, Albert!

Elmer Fudd now writing headlines for the S(t)un.

rofo weay.jpg

Attachments

• rofo weay.jpg
    rofo weay.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 578
It's kind of interesting that a couple of weeks post-rehab and with a Ford Fest circus, the Ford boosters are back in this thread. A couple of oldsters (malvern, spider), a couple of newbies (Greg Banks from the 'I'm old so I know much more than you' school and RoboHobo from the more traditional newbie 'troll the lefties' school).

I'm a Ford booster? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I might just wear out my O key.

I will agree with the poster who said what Ford does well is outrage, and the other candidates need to be outraged right back. The only two that can pull that off at this point are probably Chow and Tory. Stintz had her chance and decided to pass, for who knows what reason. Soks just doesn't have the personality, unfortunately.

Outrage is what drives most people. People vote against something rather than for something. One the first words babies learn is No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back