114     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 746     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 534     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast forward some years later, I think only the rural areas CT had firearms for sale. But there was one delinquent in my highschool who converted a non firing starter pistol, into a firing one. Fairly easy to do too if you're even slightly mechanically inclined. Not safe, but doable. I knew some fellow students who carried a knife, or an improvised weapon to school. Some were wannabe thugs in training. Some were bullied, and felt they could not turn to anyone else for help. Or felt the threat of 'snitches who bitches gets stitches'.

At one of the local cafes, while I wasn't there but a few of my friends was, witnessed someone getting shot, another time a machete attack. I didn't feel any safer when the cops raided an Airsoft toy gun store at pacific mall. None of the toy guns in the store were actually used in any crime, but it got shut down just in case someone want to use a real looking toy gun in a robbery. A robbery that hasn't happened yet. I didn't know TPS had precog technology but ok.

Respectfully and honestly, I do not feel safer with less\no firearms being sold at nearby CT, or made more restrictive, or law abiding citizens being made to prove just how more law abiding they are.
I do feel less safe with some people I knew who were going down the wrong path and fast, yet seemed to have a revolving door pass through the criminal system. Whatever the reason was, some of them unfortunately became calcified criminals. Whatever point in time that an ounce of prevention\help\hug a potential thug could've worked, had sadly and tragically passed by.

Funny how you mention knifes, given how a supposed epidemic of "knife incidents" came to be the talk of the moment not that long ago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Calgary_stabbing

It's those type of people that I am more fearful of, compared to any guns. Anyway sorry for the side track, speaking of criminal behaviour. Why isn't that picture of the man getting throttled at FordFest getting more media attention? The 4th estate is at a pathetic state.

To be honest, it's not as assertively resonant as, say, Chretien's "Shawinigan Handshake" image. (Or, for that matter, the Furr-vs-Parkin shouting match.)

So Dennis Morris was a no show in court for Kathy yesterday. Folks think a big rift has developed between her and the brothers and that she dished helpful stuff about Rob to police. Wonder if she appears at Ford Fest

has kathy ever been to a fordfest? outside of the one's at mama ford's house... or has she not made it to those as well? they seem to keep her out of everything. we have only ever seen her going to court, and in the one interview she set up, right?

has kathy ever been to a fordfest? outside of the one's at mama ford's house... or has she not made it to those as well? they seem to keep her out of everything. we have only ever seen her going to court, and in the one interview she set up, right?

She may just not want to go. Only an assumption that she is kept out of everything.

More proof that not all Ford selfies are done because they like him.

Photo by the Darcys with Rob Ford with the caption "Fuck this guy"
View attachment 30506
http://instagram.com/p/q70Jljsj8N/

the look on this guy's face kinda comes close...

10523253_780749558636680_1826138604_n.jpg

http://www.vinevideoviewer.com/p/773426954534094016_404323552

Attachments

• 10523253_780749558636680_1826138604_n.jpg
    10523253_780749558636680_1826138604_n.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 634
I was at the T&T Night Market while RoDoFo was there and it seemed like most people just wanted to take pictures with him because he's a celebrity, not because they're voting for him. The whole time I was there he was posing for pictures with people, probably thinking they're all going to vote for him. Meanwhile I heard tons of people saying negative things to each other about Rob Ford. John Tory was also there at around 7pm.

in that article that interviewed 5 people that have taken selfies with ford... iirc, only one used to be a supporter, the rest never were. the guy from ottawa says he took a selfie with rob 'cause rob's a "tourist attraction".

This is all too common in Toronto departments:

"Michael Ford once worked briefly at city hall in August 2011, employed in Councillor Frances Nunziata’s office part-time, city spokesperson Jackie DeSouza confirmed.
He answered phones, was professional and did a “fine” job, said Nunziata, a Ford supporter."

You hire my relatives, and I'll return the favour by hiring yours.

I mentioned nepotism to a member of a well connected family on the city payroll. "Nepotism? You mean there's a name for it?" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back