4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) Is it possible LeAnne is simply goading people with these hints on Twitter that she's about to turn on Ford in a big way? Maybe she has zero intention of doing so; I agree that she's obviously not the brightest bulb in the box, and she even more obviously loves the spotlight. This could be her half-witted notion of screwing with people who are against her beloved Slob. It still gains her attention, and it's not inaccurate to say this would be a dimbulb's idea of cunning.

2.) The events of the last week or so, culminating in last night's Thug Fest, would seem to indicate that the entire City Hall staff and bureaucracy are basically passing the buck in regards to that merry band of criminals known as the Ford Family. Especially anyone supposedly acting in a watchdog capacity. It looks like the "plan" is to simply ignore Ford's wrong-doings and bide time until October, on the assumption - or should I say hope? - that he's not going to be a factor afterwards. I can understand this, and even sympathise to an extent...but they're letting the entire city down, outside of the tiny minority that comprise Il Douche's hardcore fans. That's not right.

3.) That doesn't even take into account the non-actions of the police and the media. So, the asshole who choked that protestor is actually well known? And he's been caught on film doing the deed? Uh, is there any reason he hasn't been, you know, arrested? And why the hell hasn't that picture been splashed all over the media by now? Isn't this precisely the sort of "dramatic" material they supposedly love? I thought I'd be seeing it all over the place this morning, but not a hint. I get it: Last night's unpleasantness wasn't all that bad, comparitively speaking. All right, fine. But is it so necessary to go too far in the opposite direction and treat yesterday evening's grotesque freak show as if it was "normal?" Because it most assuredly was not.

1. She was pining hard for him on Twitter last night and, in a moment of incomplete thought, I replied to this tweet:

LeeAnne ‏@leeeee34 22h
@r4v4g3dsku11s any ideas to get him to help......I need help bad. He did say he would take care of me but I need help now :(

I replied "You should go down there."

To which, she immediately replied:

LeeAnne ‏@leeeee34 22h
@Kempie_3000 @r4v4g3dsku11s isn't is almost over?

It was at that moment that I realized, holy shit, she might drive down there. So I backed right off. I don't think she's that "self-aware" as you say to be able to run games like that.

2. Perhaps. I don't know why things like the simple "no permits for active candidates" rule didn't get more traction. It seems it should be pretty easy to shut down most of his shenanigans but, rather than kick the hornets' nest (you know RoFo & DoBro would be insufferable victims for weeks), they prefer to wait for this dumpster fire to burn itself out in Oct. Can't say I totally blame them. But you're right, it's gutless & wrong.

3. Somebody is surely going to get hurt real bad. I think it's quite obvious.

You'd think TPS's twitter would be more select in their choice of words if no charges are to be laid. Complainant rather than victim.

I would think if it were the victim who declined to press charges, they wouldn't hesitate to say so, right? It would let them off the hook.

"the victim was spoken to by police and an investigation was conducted." -- ugh, they love that passive, inverted sentence structure though, don't they? Should be "Police spoke to the victim and conducted an investigation."

*Pathological* super healthy eaters, fitness freaks, etc--to the point where one wonders whether they're trying to fill an inner void. (Particularly as it's every. single. one. of. them. Like a fitspirational Stepford family.)

And of course, putting oneself in RoFo's shoes: with familial "healthy living" role models like that, no wonder one can opt for the comfort of junk and sloth instead...

i think dougie's girls have borderline eating / image disorders... so worried they'll become the size of ever other ford, that they obsess about food and fitness.

From the pics I saw, there was really nothing to do there except wait in lines. There were no rides this time for the kids it seemed, only a bouncy castle. The amount of volunteers was minimal, it looked as though it was all thrown together last minute for as cheaply as possible. I read about last years event and there was a midway, halal meat lots of food etc. it looked like there was nothing to eat this time but burgers with ketchup and mustard or hotdogs. No salads, no fruit and veg. I am surprised that the people there were not complaining on twitter about the long waits , crapppy food and lack of stuff to do. Rob looked wasted in a lot of pictures. He also was very late. He also never left the tent which is weird given his perchance for grandstanding.

There was absolutely nothing here to do. There was a very small line of kids for the bouncy castle and everybody seemed to ignore the band. It seemed like people came stand in endless lines just to get a hamburger or hotdog, then right afterward, they left the park. I couldn't find anything interesting to do or film. It was a waste of time. It's not a fun event at all, so I have no idea why so many people come to this. It's not even a friendly, sociable environment. All people did was complain about stuff. lol I guess one big bitch fest can be fun when you are with likeminded people who share your messed up conspiracy theories.

"the victim was spoken to by police and an investigation was conducted." -- ugh, they love that passive, inverted sentence structure though, don't they?
i'm surprised they didn't toss in their favourite word "attended" -- but then, that's the beauty of twitter, some stuff just has to get edited out

other than this clip...

[video=youtube;qEM7EyLuoo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEM7EyLuoo4[/video]

has the media discussed what the interviewee said? or the fact that this interview was broadcast live, period?

even though it's different in many ways, it reminds me of, or my head puts it in the same category as, this video from last year...

[video=youtube;yJVjpzMzjwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVjpzMzjwQ[/video]

an example how ford nation sees the events...

No media bias here at all: anti-Ford protesters booed at Ford Fest, so CTV characterizes it as homophobia

It would seem pretty natural and predictable that party-poopers who turn up to crap on other people's fun would get booed and insulted. But Toronto's mainstream media has a hate-on for Rob Ford, so with glaring, unprofessional bias, CTV characterized the exchange between Ford's fans and foes as if it were an unprovoked outburst of homophobia from 'Ford Nation.'

http://eyecrazy.blogspot.ca/2014/07/no-media-bias-here-at-all-anti-ford.html

my head hurts.

eta: some extended footage can be seen here: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2cc_1406358624

etaa: here's another article from this point of view... (which may have been posted on here already? i tried to double check, but can't find it.)

Homosexual Bullies Crash Rob Ford’s Family Fest

The vicious media war against Mayor Rob Ford is alive and well. The constant attempts to embarrass and discredit him follow every event he is part of. Yesterday’s BBQ, thrown by the Ford family, wasn’t exception – a small gang of homosexuals came with offensive signs to cause a public outrage over his “homophobia.” It was not clear who stood behind that – probably a certain candidate-mayor, who adores drag queens, but can’t attract voters outside of the downtown core (and tries to look for more of them in China).

http://www.blogwrath.com/toronto-elections-2014/homosexual-bullies-crash-rob-fords-family-fest/6242/

Last edited:
If I'm being entirely honest, Rob Ford's events have always had an air of menace to them. While they're indeed for the most part celebratory, joyful, and even family-oriented, the intense concentration of jingoistic fervour has always been somewhat troubling.

But it was only last night, at the sixth Ford Fest I've covered as a journalist, that I saw a Ford event devolve into the outright violence and bigoted hatred of which they've always seemed capable.

http://nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=199020

eta: love what goldsbie writes about the accompanying video...

For the full experience, turn the sound on your computer way up. And have someone barbecuing hamburgers 100 m away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back