270     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 691     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickles, the author of the Sobriety Coach parody account also mentions your bravery and grace in a blog post: Jerk chicken in the belly of the beast

I support all the protesters, but that blog post is disappointing.

“Canadian Curmudgeon†aka Don was with him; he was the LGBTQ activist who, in my opinion, incited an assault under the douchiest of white-privilege guises."

There were no reports that the LGBTQ protesters incited verbal and physical assault. All the reporters said it was a peaceful protest and they were attacked by Ford supporters. I suppose their mere presence incited the assaults. But isn't that victim blaming? It's also the same reasoning Doug Ford used in his interviews.

Don looks middle aged. I'm sure he's experienced horrible, extreme homophobia during his life. Fortunately the tide is turning and it must be a huge relief. Toronto recently hosted World Pride where everyone felt welcome. So it is shocking that he was physically and verbally attacked at a Toronto public park in 2014. He is a victim of a hate crime. How is white privilege involved in this situation?

i think dougie's girls have borderline eating / image disorders... so worried they'll become the size of ever other ford, that they obsess about food and fitness.

The one that has become a "reporter", Kayla I think, has Dougie's Lon Chaney visage with the dead eyes and creepy smile.

Did anyone ever see, "A Face in the Crowd" with the late Andy Griffiths? It's on Youtube.

"This whole country's just like my flock of sheep!

Marcia Jeffries: Sheep?

Lonesome Rhodes: Rednecks, crackers, hillbillies, hausfraus, shut-ins, pea-pickers - everybody that's got to jump when somebody else blows the whistle. They don't know it yet, but they're all gonna be 'Fighters for Fuller'. They're mine! I own 'em! They think like I do. Only they're even more stupid than I am, so I gotta think for 'em.

Those morons out there? Shucks, I could take chicken fertilizer and sell it to them as caviar. I could make them eat dog food and think it was steak. Sure, I got 'em like this... You know what the public's like? A cage of Guinea Pigs. Good Night you stupid idiots. Good Night, you miserable slobs. They're a lot of trained seals. I toss them a dead fish and they'll flap their flippers."

But, as I recall, one time he forgot his mic was still on. The public who worshipped him heard his honest opinion of them, and they turned on him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4740dqLktqE

hed: "Ford Nation reaches out to protesters"

If it was only a family event, why are people referred to as "supporters" and not "attendees" or similar in media reports? Hardly worth bothering with the fig leaf, I suppose.

In spite of the protesters getting some ink, media reports were so positive it made me feel sick. (OK, I have a weak stomach, it's a disease....)
A $200 fine for violation of camping rules? That'll learn 'em. barf barf barf :( :mad:

Screenshot-36.jpg

If you're new to the thread, here's your hazing:

[video=youtube;9sVl9VezmeE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVl9VezmeE[/video]

Attachments

• Screenshot-36.jpg
    Screenshot-36.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 816
hed: "Ford Nation reaches out to protesters"

If it was only a family event, why are people referred to as "supporters" and not "attendees" or similar in media reports? Hardly worth bothering with the fig leaf, I suppose.

In spite of the protesters getting some ink, media reports were so positive it made me feel sick. (OK, I have a weak stomach, it's a disease....)
A $200 fine for violation of camping rules? That'll learn 'em. barf barf barf :( :mad:

the media is not subject to the campaign rules.

Seriously, the only rule is not to have the words election/ elect/ re-elect/ vote -- that's it.

And I'm fine with that. All this "but we know he's campaigning" " we just know because wink, wink, nudge, nudge, etc" -- frankly, I don't want to live in a society like that... a society where I could be fined or jailed or whatever because a bunch of smug smart people "just know" what I was thinking or intending. Yeah, you know?... Good for you, but it's not good enough by legal standards. I just don't want to live in a society like that and I'm not going to be a hypocrite and apply a different standard to someone I dislike. Even though I am extremely frustrated by the fact that this person whom I dislike is also not being punished for far more serious legal violations, I'm not going to abandon my principles and just look to "nail" Ford on some tiny thing just to scratch some itch.

On Friday, July 26th, Jimmy Fallon welcomed our favorite actor Jon Hamm and our favorite craft guru, the one and only Martha Stewart to “The Tonight Showâ€. Jimmy also penned his weekly thank you notes! Every Friday night we feature our favorite thank you notes, but tonight we’ll be sharing clips from Jon Hamm and Martha Stewart’s appearances as well. Happy Saturday!

[...]

Jimmy pens thank you notes to Toronto mayor “Rob Ford for delaying surgery on your broken toe until after the election because if we know one thing, a little crack won’t hurt youâ€

http://candieanderson.com/2014/07/v...-hamm-and-martha-stewart-on-tonight-show.html

other than this clip...

[video=youtube;qEM7EyLuoo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEM7EyLuoo4[/video]

has the media discussed what the interviewee said? or the fact that this interview was broadcast live, period?

That was hilarious! Did he say he had 4 beers? And something about a bag of weed? Credit to the reporter for not losing his composure!

There was at least one ambulance there, but perhaps it was just on standby.

I saw at least a couple--and, why not. It's the municipally responsible thing at events like these (speaking generically, not of the Fords in particular). And I'm sure others, pro and con, felt likewise.

Maybe violence was in the back of certain heads; but it could just as well have been for, say, older people for whom endless waits in line on a summer day can be too much. Nothing to see here; move on--it's like making much ado about a first aid kit or fire extinguisher.

I was at the T&T Night Market while RoDoFo was there and it seemed like most people just wanted to take pictures with him because he's a celebrity, not because they're voting for him. The whole time I was there he was posing for pictures with people, probably thinking they're all going to vote for him. Meanwhile I heard tons of people saying negative things to each other about Rob Ford. John Tory was also there at around 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back