News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 738     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still doesn't excuse ignorance.

Almost as hurtful and insensitive as referring to Etobicoke as "Etobi-crack". Or, Toronto as "Moronto".

We had nicknames for every borough and neighborhood in Metro and beyond when we were kids. I heard some really good ones after I started on the job. They were signs of affection! :D

Last edited:
Is there any way to campaign to reverse amalgamation? Because if Scarborough and Etobicoke want Ford as mayor, that's fine. But why should the rest of Toronto have to be saddled with him?

Also, assuming the worst and Ford somehow manages to win again...how would he even be able to get his agenda passed? Because I'm assuming that few, if any, councillors would be voting with
him on any issue.

Thanks but Scarborough does not want Robbie, we never did. Having a "Ford Fester" in Scarborough was not our (the majority) decision, it was a Ford play to feed the Ford superiority complex, and stick it to non-cultists.

Millions. The entire city showed up. Rob's the best Mayor ever! It's all about the kids folks.

Ford's people said over 12 thousand, so I would guess between 1 and 2 thousand, if that. Remember, they practice Hudak Math, everything's inflated by at least a factor of 8.

There was in part also an optical illusion, the size of the "Ford Fester" area wise was slightly smaller according to some that were there.

Thanks but Scarborough does not want Robbie, we never did. Having a "Ford Fester" in Scarborough was not our (the majority) decision, it was a Ford play to feed the Ford superiority complex, and stick it to non-cultists.

It will be Etobicoke's turn next ( as if they haven't had enough humiliation already ).

Maybe even North York and ( gasp! ) "the downtown elites" will be subjected to rallies.

Almost as hurtful and insensitive as referring to Etobicoke as "Etobi-crack". Or, Toronto as "Moronto".

We had nicknames for every borough and neighborhood in Metro and beyond when we were kids. I heard some really good ones after I started on the job. They were signs of affection! :D

I'm not a child anymore, unless you ask my wife. ;)

Last edited:
Following along with tonight's Ford Fest thuggery via this forum and twitter while at the Beaches Jazz Fest, one observation did comfort me. There were tens of thousands of Torontonians out in the Beaches to enjoy good music, food, and drink together. Ford Nation is still a small minority. It is a dangerous one, if unchecked, but the majority of Torontonians are not like them.

Following along with tonight's Ford Fest thuggery via this forum and twitter while at the Beaches Jazz Fest, one observation did comfort me. There were tens of thousands of Torontonians out in the Beaches to enjoy good music, food, and drink together. Ford Nation is still a small minority. It is a dangerous one, if unchecked, but the majority of Torontonians are not like them.

I like this. I like this very much. Thank you.

We had nicknames for every borough and neighborhood in Metro and beyond when we were kids. They were signs of affection! :D

Moronto is a new one for me, I've heard it sometimes derisively called 'the center of the universe'. ;P Though if Ford should win a 2nd term, Moronto might be fitting after all.
Seriously, I've noticed something odd. Well relatively odd by this circus standard. Rofo loves to say he's Da Mayor. But even during the Kimmel show, he rarely said what city he's mayor of. It's like this weird abstract 'Mayor'. Or just calls himself, 'Mayor Ford'.

He goes to LA, he visits their city hall, expects to be let in to the chamber because he's also a mayor. Just generally acts like it's his obvious right because he's Da Mayor. I think he may not even like Toronto that much, and considers himself at most , mayor of Canada. But he seems to hate going to Canadian merryl conferences.

Wait guys, you think...no it can't be. Do you think the MINO doesn't actually like Toronto?

Hopefully that "dangerous-ness" will be enough for city staff to deny the next permit, or to pile even more conditions on it.

I had a great time at the Beaches while this fuck fest was happening in Scarborough. What a contrast.

Moronto is a new one for me, I've heard it sometimes derisively called 'the center of the universe'. ;P Though if Ford should win a 2nd term, Moronto might be fitting after all.

it's new to me too, but i like it. it's one of those 'how did i not think of that before' moments... like the south park fish sticks joke.

"Entropicoke" has a nice ring to it (though a bit "thick" for a schoolkid to grasp)

Seriously dating myself here, but for those who had the 'Cherry' prefix to their phone #s do you remember our version of "Gee ma, I want to go, back to Etobicoke. Gee ma, I want to go h-o-ome. Sigh...Those were the days we could still hold our heads up with pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back