1.8K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 739     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree and this is why I think he will get in again. We are in for a big fight if he doesn't. All these people will stroke the hell out when there is no more Jesus for their messed up prayers.

Also thank you for pushing through. Looking forward to seeing it.

No they won't. they'll crawl back into their caves and grumble under their breath and raging in their living rooms. Those people were always politically/socially disengaged; that's why they were so easy to manipulate in the first place -- they don't know how anything works so it was easy to feed them BS. They won't 'fight' for anything -- they'll just grumble about how the 'holier-than-thou elitists' got their way again and stuck it to the 'real people' and how life is not fair and yet there's nothing you can do about it. Maybe a revitalized Rob Ford will be launched in 2018 or maybe some other populist snake oil salesman will emerge to pick up these fools, ripe for the picking, but that will be a concern for a later date.

what?

delusional.jpg

https://twitter.com/SueAnnLevy/status/492877665062240256

eta: oh... really?

moredelusion.jpg

https://twitter.com/SueAnnLevy/status/492881686451871745

Attachments

• delusional.jpg
    delusional.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 760
  • moredelusion.jpg
    moredelusion.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 754
Last edited:
i'm sure this will get worse before it gets better.

rob will absolutely not condemn the assault/slurs. if anything, he'll stoke the sense of victimhood and righteous indignation among his base. doug will blithely insist that 'everyone had a good time' and rob might say that a few bad apples from church street tried to 'make things political.'

he'll plan more ford fests, because they're far and the away the best publicity he can get, these days, and the city has made clear they're not willing or able to stop him. the police and bylaw officers will similarly stand by and hem and haw.

the media will continue providing rob with all the free coverage he could possibly want, and more and more people will show up at ford fest looking for a good fight.

someone's going to get seriously hurt.

Seriously dating myself here, but for those who had the 'Cherry' prefix to their phone #s do you remember our version of "Gee ma, I want to go, back to Etobicoke. Gee ma, I want to go h-o-ome. Sigh...Those were the days we could still hold our heads up with pride.

I most certainly do.

Heard a new word last night, "Fordjugend" and FN "Ro-bots". LOL

Last edited:
from a comments section...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-ford-fest-draws-big-crowd-and-lgbt-protest-1.2717741

i doubt that's true. did anyone else see anything like that?

Technically, a guy and a girl openly, passionately kissing would be "practically having sex in front of kids". Would they call them out on such grounds?

In that case, maybe the next Ford Nation/Fordfest-type event needs a "sex-in"--hetero and homo alike. (*That* would blow a whole lot of gaskets.)

Funny thing is, I don't know whether the Fords even comprehend the metaphor behind "blackshirts". Or, they don't care: forget the not-knowing-history talk, history is for elitists...

-After my signs were ripped up, I picked up a piece of one from the garbage to take as a souvenir... there was an old veteran (you can see him breaking up a fight in one of the videos) who apparently works at Ford's office as security. He asked me not to take the piece of the sign, as he wanted to tape it back together and hang it at City Hall. He said "I fought in the World War in order for all of you, on both sides, to have the freedom to speak out. That's what I fought for. I would die fighting for that right". He was near tears and so was I. I thanked him for his service (and so did a Ford National, who seemed to get why ripping up signs, assaulting people, and basically driving peaceful protesters out of a public park where Dear Leader invited everyone in the city to come, was wrong.)

"I fought in the World War..."

Was it Singin' Jimmy? ( wears a red beret and army style clothing ) He was in the park last night.

If it was him, he would have turned 12 years old in 1945 when the war ended.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_McMillan_(politician)

Jimmy's stroller.

View attachment 30494

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back