1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 761     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, I felt dirty for spending too much time in Scarborough because of its urban form, not because of the people that live there.

If one were to "play mayoral candidate", that's still harsh. Look, Ford Fest or no Ford Fest, I can still get epiphanies from this kine of 50s60sburbia and its physical and demographic warpages over time--not that I'd *live* there, but it's better than being a bigoted ultra-urbanite ("bigotes" as in "biased", not as in "racist/homophobic/whatever")

Sad and telling, maybe. But in the grand scheme of things, very good. Those people can't vote.

Municipally. When Robbie runs for....that thing he's destined for!...they'll be stainshirtin' beerhalls until the final putsch.

Seriously, does anyone have an idea of approximately how many people showed up at FordFest? Was it "thousands" or was it "hundreds"?
Definitely thousands from what I saw...the park was pretty packed and the traffic at Lawrence/Brimley was insane. The lines for food were so long that I didn't bother.

It makes me feel a bit better too. Still, it is sad that Westboro style hatred is rampant in Toronto...

Any attendance numbers?

Millions. The entire city showed up. Rob's the best Mayor ever! It's all about the kids folks.

Ford's people said over 12 thousand, so I would guess between 1 and 2 thousand, if that. Remember, they practice Hudak Math, everything's inflated by at least a factor of 8.

I totally agree and this is why I think he will get in again. We are in for a big fight if he doesn't. All these people will stroke the hell out when there is no more Jesus for their messed up prayers.

Re "the big fight": hey, people were accusing me of sensationalizing when I predicted chaos a la Belfast/Beirut/whatever for Toronto (and hey, toss Gaza into the mix currently).

Personally...at this point, I'm fatalistic. If a "big fight" comes out of this, bring it on. And it'll probably come either way: whether or not Ford gets reelected...

Sad and telling, maybe. But in the grand scheme of things, very good. Those people can't vote.

This got me thinking. How many people in Ford Nation are Canadian citizens? I'm pretty sure they cannot vote unless they're citizens, and Rob Ford's base seems to have a good number of immigrants (just my assumption, I have no valid statistics to back this up). Do the polls take this into account? I admit I haven't voted municipally since becoming a citizen myself, can a large group of people lie about being a citizen?

I've, actually, for the first time, skipped over a bunch of posts here. We are pissing in the wind. How about we just have a crack-off for mayor instead of an election. All candidates must smoke their faces off and the one who still remains civil wins?

Reg Hart is a lot of things, but I can't imagine he's a Ford supporter.

I'm also pretty sure he's gay.

He *was* a Ford supporter in 2010--he's suspended his support in 2014. But his "Jane Jacobs Libertarian" outlook still makes him about as acceptable a candidate for Flagg as it gets around those parts.

And yes, he's gay--in fact, some may needle him for a few, uh, "skeletons" related to that...

Can you imagine what would have happened if they'd have gotten their liquor licence?

Or, what would have happened if this were the States, lenient gun laws and all (presuming that the Fords are too lackadaisical to frisk the guests)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back