65     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 265     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.8K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Okay, plain language then.

You say "you know more than most". Yes, you've been here far longer than many, but why gallop in now, to comment on the guy's sobriety, no less? You assert inside knowledge, yet deflect inquiry into such. You apparently have some secret insight into the Ford Sobriety Scale. So, either be clear or stop being so cleverly cagey. That would be my 'ask' (not that such ought matter).

On the other hand, what's galling is the presumptive "I know. You don't. Believe me, it's better that way." tone of your stuff. Forgive me, but it feels passive/aggressive and like you wanna spill at the same time. But you can't/don't want to for *reasons*. Okay. Seems... legit?

Personally, I couldn't care less about your 'secret identity'. I'll look for your bat signal in the future.

I think people are just upset that it is possible that he still has a chance to be elected again. The Anger sometimes gets misplaced. I can see why some people may be hesitant to post what they know, but it is unhelpful to imply there is something to be known and not say it. Also I read JKDM 's posts and I truly think he doesn't support Ford any longer.

Are you calling me a "jackass"?

I honestly don't think I've done anything wrong here.

its not about whether you supported rob ford but you keep questioning how does everyone know if he his drunk, using drugs etc. FIrst you said you were joking and then became defensive about how you have talked to Rob Ford and he was not drunk and know things but it is none of our business. Feels like your insulting everyone. Does not matter whether you support Rob Ford now or before.

JKDM,

There are people on this thread that don't have a whole hell of a lot to contribute that is factual, but we are all engaged in saving Toronto from another four years of the RoFoDoFo circus. There are others who have put their own personal safety at risk to share what they know with us. If you have any information that would be helpful, then please share it. If you fear for your safety, then, of course, you get a pass, but it is an insult to those who have made risks and sacrifices for you to say you know so much, but you're not going to share it.

In essence, put up or shut up. Again, my apologies for my harsh delivery.

Let's try and stay on topic and take any personal issues to direct messages, ok?
I really hate when this, usually great, fun and informative forum devolves into this back and forth bickering (as I think others do).
It's always the death of vibrant communities like this.

And, back on topic, I'd say Ford was pretty sedated in that clip!
It was also incredibly rude and insensitive of him to turn a memorial event like that into a blathering campaign stop... he is truly without a clue or shame.

A little reminder about the king of TCH. To be fair, he was distracted that day by a football pool.

TOMayorFrod 4:52pm via Twitter for iPhone
Remember, folks, no one has done more to help residents of public housing than I have. And Doug. http://pic.twitter.com/LXDGQ7njam

Last edited:
Okay, plain language then.

You say "you know more than most". Yes, you've been here far longer than many, but why gallop in now, to comment on the guy's sobriety, no less? You assert inside knowledge, yet deflect inquiry into such. You apparently have some secret insight into the Ford Sobriety Scale. So, either be clear or stop being so cleverly cagey. That would be my 'ask' (not that such ought matter).

On the other hand, what's galling is the presumptive "I know. You don't. Believe me, it's better that way." tone of your stuff. Forgive me, but it feels passive/aggressive and like you wanna spill at the same time. But you can't/don't want to for *reasons*. Okay. Seems... legit?

Personally, I couldn't care less about your 'secret identity'. I'll look for your bat signal in the future.

There is no 'secret identity'.

I'm not galloping in now ... all of a sudden ... wanting to hog the spotlight.

ALL I was saying was based on the times I have spoke to Rob Ford (which is countless times ... whether on the telephone or in person), I honestly don't think he was high today (well, yesterday now).

That's it.

Also, I just don't think this is the appropriate forum to tell what I know.

Say ...

I'm just having a wee bit of fun.

I find this thread fascinating.

There is absolutely NO way to know *for sure* if Rob Ford was high ... regardless what anyone thinks.

That's all I'm saying.

For what it's worth, I don't think you're out of line. It's a fair comment. I even got a chuckle out of it.

I think people are just upset that it is possible that he still has a chance to be elected again. The Anger sometimes gets misplaced. I can see why some people may be hesitant to post what they know, but it is unhelpful to imply there is something to be known and not say it. Also I read JKDM 's posts and I truly think he doesn't support Ford any longer.

Absolutely.

I don't.

After awhile in denial, I had a gut feeling the video was real. The drugs really didn't bother me. It's the poor choice of friends. The homophobic and racist comments were beyond disgraceful. I couldn't possibly support him any longer. Of course, more and more comments have come out ... more and more boorish antics ...

I'm embarrassed I was a supporter of his.

I know what we've talked about in private.

I am solidly in John Tory's camp now, however.

Have been for many, many months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back