47     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 258     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you're sure not doing us any favours by being here. in fact, you're just annoying people.

because, you know, if you are a "former supporter", it just proves that you've never been on the right side of this issue. Ford has been toxic to the best interests of this city for 14 years.

who cares if you bailed on him because he's a crackhead? its the fact that you supported him at all that's the problem.

This raises an interesting question for the forum, and has nothing to do with the content of JKDM's posts. Do you shun everyone who previously supported Ford, even if they now don't and won't vote for him in the coming election?

Last edited:
This raises an interesting question for the forum, and has nothing to do with the content of JKDM's posts. Do we shun everyone who previously supported Ford, even if they now don't and won't vote for him in the coming election?

Apparently so.

My other threads have been largely ignored, too.

This raises an interesting question for the forum, and has nothing to do with the content of JKDM's posts. Do we shun everyone who previously supported Ford, even if they now don't and won't vote for him in the coming election?

For me, no. Whether it's an ex supporter or still a supporter. This is a discussion forum after all. Not an echo chamber.

Apparently so.

This may be a bit harsh, but, seriously, it brings to mind something my mother told me many years ago: If more than one person calls you a jackass, it's time to put on a bridle.

For me, no. Whether it's an ex supporter or still a supporter. This is a discussion forum after all. Not an echo chamber.

Hmn ... this is the only current thread kickin' about UT that can sound like an echo chamber, sometimes.

This is a solidly left-wing (with the exception of a few folks) website.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that." ... Seinfeld joke.

Apparently so.

I don't know what was said in those threads or exactly why they were ignored, doesn't really prove that rejecting anyone who used to support Ford is standard practice around here.

This raises an interesting question for the forum, and has nothing to do with the content of JKDM's posts. Do you shun everyone who previously supported Ford, even if they now don't and won't vote for him in the coming election?

i do shun them, yes.

This may be a bit harsh, but, seriously, it brings to mind something my mother told me many years ago: If more than one person calls you a jackass, it's time to put on a bridle.

Are you calling me a "jackass"?

I honestly don't think I've done anything wrong here.

i do shun them, yes.

Why?

What exactly have I done to you?

Are you seriously suggesting I'm not allowed to say (as I have), "I was once a supporter, but now I'm not."? That is silly.

We're all here because we love the City of Toronto.

I'm not a member of UT only to talk about Rob Ford. If that's why you're here, that's your business. I can tell there's many here who are, and that's kinda sad, but ... who can I do, right?

All I can do is tell the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back