303     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 454     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

I don't.

After awhile in denial, I had a gut feeling the video was real. The drugs really didn't bother me. It's the poor choice of friends. The homophobic and racist comments were beyond disgraceful. I couldn't possibly support him any longer. Of course, more and more comments have come out ... more and more boorish antics ...

I'm embarrassed I was a supporter of his.

I know what we've talked about in private.

I am solidly in John Tory's camp now, however.

Have been for many, many months.

What I wonder is do you think that you have any information that may possibly be helpful in changing a ford supporters mind.

Absolutely.

I don't.

After awhile in denial, I had a gut feeling the video was real. The drugs really didn't bother me. It's the poor choice of friends. The homophobic and racist comments were beyond disgraceful. I couldn't possibly support him any longer. Of course, more and more comments have come out ... more and more boorish antics ...

I'm embarrassed I was a supporter of his.

I know what we've talked about in private.

I am solidly in John Tory's camp now, however.

Have been for many, many months.

You absolutely have the right to defend yourself and you have done so admirably. Now, shall we move on?

Question to the forum: Has anyone else noticed that when Rob is under the influence of his drug of the day AND he's telling an outright lie, his eyelids flutter to the point of mimicking a Grand Mal seizure?

JKDM,

There are people on this thread that don't have a whole hell of a lot to contribute that is factual, but we are all engaged in saving Toronto from another four years of the RoFoDoFo circus. There are others who have put their own personal safety at risk to share what they know with us. If you have any information that would be helpful, then please share it. If you fear for your safety, then, of course, you get a pass, but it is an insult to those who have made risks and sacrifices for you to say you know so much, but you're not going to share it.

In essence, put up or shut up. Again, my apologies for my harsh delivery.

I assure you ... NOTHING I know puts myself (or anyone else) at risk.

All I'm talking about are conversations him and I have had (whether on the telephone, or in person).

Fine ...

Example: Who here has spoke to Rob Ford on the telephone at 10:30 on a Sunday night? I have. For awhile, it was often. There were many topics we went over. Was he drunk when he was talking to me? A few times ... probably.

I don't have any current information ...

I'm just a former supporter/constituent who had pretty decent access to Rob Ford for a few years.

Last edited:
You absolutely have the right to defend yourself and you have done so admirably. Now, shall we move on?

Question to the forum: Has anyone else noticed that when Rob is under the influence of his drug of the day AND he's telling an outright lie, his eyelids flutter to the point of mimicking a Grand Mal seizure?

Yes, we shall ...

I'm not a big deal.

But, back to what *I* was originally saying ... I truly don't think he was high. Rob talks/acts like that often. His head is swaying all over the place. His eyes close slowly.

I'm trying to tell you people ...

I truly don't think he was high. Rob talks/acts like that often. His head is swaying all over the place. His eyes close slowly.

How do you know that the times you've seen him doing this he hasn't also been under the influence?

What I wonder is do you think that you have any information that may possibly be helpful in changing a ford supporters mind.

Why? Are you currently one?

I just ... couldn't support a man who has the kind of "friends" he has, coupled with the homophobic, racist, sexist comments he made. The comments about Karen Stintz were just ... so gross. I am embarrassed for his still core supporters.

Last edited:
Councillor Paula Fletcher said Ford shouldn’t have attended the event given his ties with alleged gangsters outlined by Toronto Police through Project Brazen 2 court documents and his own admission to using crack cocaine and buying illegal drugs.

“I think the mayor shouldn’t have gone there,” Fletcher told the Toronto Sun. “Going to Danzig is a mistake.”

“You can’t have it both ways — you can’t be part of it and then crusading to stop it … You can’t technically be condoning guns and gangs and then going out saying how terrible it is that people have been shot and killed.”

Fletcher — a vocal political critic of Ford at City Hall — said she’s willing to forgive the mayor for a lot of things but not his refusal to speak with police or his “tacit involvement” with alleged criminals.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/16/rob-ford-dodges-gang-questions-at-danzig-shooting-site

How do you know that the times you've seen him doing this he hasn't also been under the influence?

The times I spoke to him on the telephone ... I had no feeling he was high.

But, today ... I just don't think he was high.

Last edited:
Why? Are you currently one?

I just ... couldn't support a man who has the kind of "friends" he has, coupled with the homophobic, racist, sexist he made. The comments about Karen Stintz were just ... so gross. I am embarrassed for his still core supporters.

Um... You didn't actually answer the question that was asked.

Is there really any need to be posting posters real names in here - whether if its true or not?

i just did a cut and paste from the internet. i.e. it's information available to anyone who has internet access. whomever that jkdm is, put their name on the internet, not me.

and i was seriously wondering, 'cause i'm wonder if some tweets and things are by the same person.

example...

Jayson McEwen@JaysonMcEwen
@blogTO Overheard: "Rob really does throw the craziest parties! I'm shit-faced!" - Cllr. Raymond Cho (I'm pretty sure it was him) #NYSpeakTO

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2014/01/overheard_on_new_years_2014_in_toronto/#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back