News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 691     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You talking drugs or sex? Or both?

Seriously, when did we all get sucked into a twilight zone version of as the stomach turns?

There's that previous local reporter tweet about Leeee that still itches: "She runs something entirely different!"
Speculation has spun since.

It just keeps getting better:

TorontoStar ‏@TorontoStar 5 mins
Ombudsman investigating Toronto city hall security staff

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ford’s relationship with security officers appears complicated. Some officers were scared to file a formal incident report last St. Patrick’s Day, according to a city report, after a slurring Ford pledged to “get†the guard who had reported his intoxication and belligerence on the same holiday two years prior.

As a result of that threat, other documents released to the Star censored guards’ names on the grounds their lives or safety could be endangered.

Crean probes the conduct of city staff, not politicians, but a past probe into civic appointments noted political interference by Ford’s office in the process.

That probe rankled Ford and others, helping to trigger a push by some councillors to block a five-year reappointment of Crean. On Wednesday, however, her council supporters claimed victory with a vote on a closed-door motion that was not immediately revealed.

Like electricity and indoor plumbing...

reporterdonpeat 7:53pm via Twitter Web Client
"I think we have to get back to basics" Mayor Rob Ford to council.

Last edited:
Thanks casita. It's hard to tell from the picture but it might be a flatbed not a semi. A flatbed is perfect to haul a damaged truck to Toronto, if you were so inclined.

Looks to me like an International 4300 series, circa late 2000s, Flatbed. Not a semi.

ETA: Here's a 4300 of similar vintage:

93992(1).jpg

Attachments

• 93992(1).jpg
    93992(1).jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:
Thanks casita. It's hard to tell from the picture but it might be a flatbed not a semi. A flatbed is perfect to haul a damaged truck to Toronto, if you were so inclined.

It has the four-door "crew cab" and something that looks similar to a ladder in the rear window. Would a semi have that? Any truckers care to comment?

ETA Thanks Hyper.

looks to me like an International 4300 series, circa late 2000s, Flatbed. Not a semi.
Looks like we know how the truck and possibly McRobb got to Toronto. Just putting those dots together, folks.
ETA: the back doesn't look like a semi, it's sitting too high.

Last edited:
There's that previous local reporter tweet about Leeee that still itches: "She runs something entirely different!"
Speculation has spun since.

Agreed. There seems to be many layers to this onion. I think Rob's little bird is going to breath a lot of fire into this story. His country monkey punkin has the potential to take things to a whole 'nother other level. I bet it's driving Doug nuts.

looks to me like an International 4300 series, circa late 2000s, Flatbed. Not a semi.

As a quick aside, I must say that I rather enjoy the fact that this forum has expert contributors in human resources, addiction psychology and treatment, at least one lawyer, many who know much about publishing and journalism, a couple of I.T. nerds, civil servants, at least one EMS expert, and, finally, someone who can precisely identify industrial trucks (even on the basis of a small, closely-cropped photo). It makes reading this forum very interesting.

(Apologies if I left your area of expertise off the list, this is just off the top of my head).

Last edited:
As a quick aside, I must say that I rather enjoy the fact that this forum has expert contributors in human resources, addiction psychology and treatment, at least one lawyer, many who know much about publishing and journalism, a couple of I.T. nerds, civil servants, at least one EMS expert, and, finally, someone who can precisely identify industrial trucks (even on the basis of a small, closely-cropped photo). It makes reading this forum very interesting.

(Apologies if I left your area of expertise off the list, this list is just off the top of my head).
I utterly utterly agree

(Apologies if I left your area of expertise off the list, this list is just off the top of my head).
Don't forget the Purple Jesus' expertise, I can't believe I've lived this long and didn't know about Purple Jesus'. :cool:

It has the four-door "crew cab" and something that looks similar to a ladder in the rear window. Would a semi have that? Any truckers care to comment?

ETA Thanks Hyper.

You are correct on the crew-cab, sir. Here's the similar model with Crew. Same angle as the Robbie pic, too. Flat-bed is somewhat dissimilar, but that's basically the truck. (Sorry about all the truck pics. I just really like International trucks, so any excuse...) Anyway, the sleuths among us will be looking for a late 2000's, International 4-000 Model flatbed crew-cab, white.

3.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back