691     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a one-percenter?

Check all that apply:
  • a car insurance deductable of $5000
  • outlaws of motorcycle clubs/gangs
  • have median annual household income of $750,000, median assets of $7.5 million
  • a statistic kept in Australian football

I wonder if the accident involving little Monkey's vehicle was reported to the police and had a sticker applied detailing the damage. Otherwise.....you know Rob probably knows a guy who knows a guy with a shop who would fix the damage sans sticker for cash. I'll bet that Rob even knows a tow truck driver or 2 who owe Rob a favour....

Last edited:
Good work - but a quibble. In Canada one does not need a household income that high to be in the top 1%. (IIRC correctly - but too lazy right now to search out - it is something more than $400K but less than $500K.) I have not before seen an asset=based definition of 1%er wealth - and what is meant by "median assets"?

ETA: Found this, as at Sept. 2013:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/who-are-canada-s-top-1-1.1703321

"That $191,100 [per person] is just the minimum to squeak into the one per cent club. Most of the people in that category earned much more. The average income among the top one per cent was twice that — $381,300."

This was a US statistic from a study paid for by American Express, and they are more interested in consumption than taxable earnings. I just find it ironic that FoFam is said to be linked to all of them, even the Australian football stats, which refer to running aggressive interference, e.g. Councillor McConnell stylee.

ETA: Median assets and median income could represent non-existent persons, but I just took it to be a stab at finding an "average person" in a group that's already very not average.

Last edited:
Possible, but seems unlikely. That would put her into the 1%ers of deductibles.

Ya, I'm with you, the 5k is bs.

1. She can't afford that truck
2. She can't afford the insurance - especially after the DUI.

Ma and Pa pay for everything. Her trucks probably under her daddy's company name too.

Ya, I'm with you, the 5k is bs.

1. She can't afford that truck
2. She can't afford the insurance - especially after the DUI.

Ma and Pa pay for everything. Her trucks probably under her daddy's company name too.

unless she has (what i've been calling) a side job, that lets her pay for all that without parental support.

Do we know that the damage (in this morning's Sun article she said the grill was smashed) was such as to prevent her truck from being driven?

I can't imagine that was the case unless Ford was paying for it. I would think towing a car 200kms would cost several hundred dollars.

Maybe, but you are venturing into the kinds of damage that would cost way more than $5,000. I think it far more likely that she is dramatizing it up to $5,000 and if it really was anything like $5,000 that she had to cover personally then she would have dramatized it up to $10,000.

I appreciate that it would be fun to find out that Robbie arranged for her truck to be put on a flatbed driven by a convicted murder for whom he supplied a reference, but.... ;)
Didn't we see a picture of Rob up north sitting in a tow truck? Put the dots together. Probably his buddy with the reference letter, just doing a favour for little monkey.

Another classic Rob Ford single vote

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat 17min
Council votes 28 to 1 for $330,000 in Culture Build Investment grants (Mayor Rob Ford voted no)

This reminds me a week or so ago somebody (I think Michael Hollett) who went to the Austin music trip with Rob Ford was on CP24 (I believe) and said that Ford has literally done nothing since returning from the trip and he or his people haven't contacted the music industry people that was talked about during the Austin trip.

I didn't see anybody talk about it here, trying to see if Hollett wrote about a followup on the trip and I haven't seen anything written but anybody see the interview or Hollett talking about that.

Sterling said I am not racist I pay a lot of money for black basketball players and he also donates a bunch of cash to African american charity. Ford recently said he's not homophobic because he has "Gay people working on his campaign" and he donated to pride

I hate the word 'homophobia'. It implies fear. Rob's not afraid of gay people, he's just an asshole to them. When I heard him respond when he was waiting for the elevator yesterday, something like "you guys have been asking me that for 14 years" I realized that we've just been asking the wrong question. You know Rob is a real stickler who requires very precise syntax and carefully phrased questions.

Maybe he should be asked:

"Do you hate gay people?"
"Do you dislike gay people?"
"Do they piss you off?" etc.

because, obviously he has a massive hate-on for all factions of the LGBTQ community, but there is no phobia.

Ask the right question.

Screenshot 2014-07-10 17.32.07.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-10 17.32.07.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-10 17.32.07.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 741
'cause it's a strong pet peeve of mine, i gotta say...

calling something a theory does not mean it's not true / not something observable (e.g. the theory of gravity). but since most people do use the term incorrectly, i enjoy using the term conspiracy fact once it's proven.

I understand your pet peeve. In this case, the context is casual, informally speaking.
Some people say 'theory', when 'hypothesis' would be more 'materially accurate'.

But saying that in a casual, informal conversation, like 'Conspiracy Hypothesis'.
Can sound as clunky as 'materially inaccurate'.

Anyhow, I hope Ms. Mcrobb continues her fascinating
correspondence to the media.

So much to keep up on the circus today.
Anyone else thinks there's still something weird with
the Ford to Stintz apology claim?

Her reaction is subjective and can not really be fact checked I agree.
But if I understand the timeline right. What did Rofo say or do,
to make Stintz leave the office like that, and leave her purse there.

Did she feel like she feared for her safety and felt she had to leave
as quickly as possible.

Did she leave her purse for some bizarre strange deal?
"We got some interesting photos Stintz...why don't you 'forget' your purse
here for 5 minutes...and we'll call it even."

Did she get overwhelmed by Rofo's totally sincere apology,
that she had to re-examine everything
she thought was true in her life?

I don't even like Stintz as a councilor or a candidate.
But something about this really stinks.

Didn't she also say she paid $5,000 out of her own pocket? If this person smashed the car up, why didn't they pay for the repairs? If they can afford spa-hab...

$5000. Sounds vaguely familiar.

Like a 'happy wife's Christmas gift, a generous donation to a playground, or lowball offer to get an incriminating video back', familiar.

What's up with these Folks® and $5000? I want a 'Fords Offered Me $5000' tee!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back