4.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 684     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or that she hit a tree or some other object that was not another vehicle. And I am "100% Doug Ford guaranteed" sure that $5,000 is a BS number, the true meaning of which is "a lot more than I wished I had to pay".

Maybe 5k is her deductible.

More papers need to talk to her.

I think she can be the weakest link. Not for police charges maybe, but she probably has enough to leave whats left of the rodofo campaign in tatters.

Or that she hit a tree or some other object that was not another vehicle. And I am "100% Doug Ford guaranteed" sure that $5,000 is a BS number, the true meaning of which is "a lot more than I wished I had to pay".

True, her embellishments are of note.

Whether a car is “drivable” after an accident often is the opinion of the driver at the time. Fan damage can make a heck of a racket; a ruptured hose could leak colourful fluids. From the sidelines, I wouldn’t conclude anything from that.

Whether the driver of Leeee’s truck was herself, RoFo, or a mysterious third party, it is probably likely that alcohol was involved. That could be a reason to reason differently, especially if the police may be interested. Police sometimes drop by auto body shops, BTW, asking about one case under investigation, but eyes and ears open about all of them.

$5k is about right for cosmetic front end damage. I hit a deer last year at speed and smashed up my truck nicely, was a $5k insurance job. Any more than that and the truck would have been a write off.

Oh indeed, my wife just had an outside mirror knocked of by a passing truck and the bill was $2,200. But, in this case, (1) we are hearing from someone we have no evident reason to trust is being anything other than attention-seeking dramatic, (2) we have no evidence that whatever happened was anything close to hitting a deer, and at speed, (3) we have no evidence that "$5,000" is anything more than a self-pitying exaggeration of her deductible and (4) please see (1) again.

Personally I'd keep the shirts on, but please please protest this. I suggest just chanting "Tough on crime" and maybe signs saying how conservatives like associating with people who associate with criminals.

This pink umbrella business connected to Ford makes no sense. He spoke so loudly about, he can't be connected to it. That would be like a tough on crime politician smoking crack with known criminals... oh wait.

In other news, former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin who was mayor during Katrina was just found guilty and sentenced to 10 years for bribery, fraud and money laundering. Fords always seem to have an appreciation for American politics, America seems to bring the hammer much more on corrupt politicians than we have up here, and some seem to take full advantage of that.

Just saw on Twitter that John Furr is looking for a bullhorn for tomorrow morning. Might get loud tomorrow as well as shirtless.

Oh indeed, my wife just had an outside mirror knocked of by a passing truck and the bill was $2,200.

Christ, what the fuck does she drive? I drove a Volvo C70 hardtop convertible. The mirrors were electric, heated, electrically folding, had signal lights in them, and when I hit a tree branch backing out of an unlit driveway in the dark, the part cost ~$500 and had to be shipped in from Volvo. $2200 sounds like you got ripped the fuck off.

smashed front could mean engine damage and lack of signalling lights... and/or the bumper could be damaged in a way that interferes with the tires...

Maybe, but you are venturing into the kinds of damage that would cost way more than $5,000. I think it far more likely that she is dramatizing it up to $5,000 and if it really was anything like $5,000 that she had to cover personally then she would have dramatized it up to $10,000.

I appreciate that it would be fun to find out that Robbie arranged for her truck to be put on a flatbed driven by a convicted murder for whom he supplied a reference, but.... ;)

If ddale or others had any sense they'd be up there cultivating her. I suspect she knows enough to sink RoFo permanently.

He'd have to wear a fedora and say he's from The Sun in order to talk to her. I can't imagine she would talk to anyone from The Star.

Possible, but seems unlikely. That would put her into the 1%ers of deductibles.

If she's got a past DUI, she may have jacked it that high to help lower her payments.

If the fords don't pay her large soon to go on a 4 month vacation. She will ruin them in the election.

I hated the first day crack boy came back, but I'm almost enjoying this right now. The fords right now are the anti-Midas's.

Possible, but seems unlikely. That would put her into the 1%ers of deductibles.

What is a one-percenter?

Check all that apply:
  • a car insurance deductable of $5000
  • outlaws of motorcycle clubs/gangs
  • have median annual household income of $750,000, median assets of $7.5 million
  • a statistic kept in Australian football

Is John Furr ego to be the centre of attention of the protest help or hurt the cause? I like Furr leadership, but faceless numbers always seem more impressive and "real" than a leader and a few people.

I get a real Donald Sterling/visor mistress vibe from McFord and McRobb, right down to the chessy names. Little monkey vs. silly rabbit. Who knew bigots like silly animal names.

Sterling said I am not racist I pay a lot of money for black basketball players and he also donates a bunch of cash to African american charity. Ford recently said he's not homophobic because he has "Gay people working on his campaign" and he donated to pride

There similarities are kind of freaky, the difference is that the NBA leadership had the balls to try to get rid of their trash... eventually.

Christ, what the fuck does she drive? I drove a Volvo C70 hardtop convertible. The mirrors were electric, heated, electrically folding, had signal lights in them, and when I hit a tree branch backing out of an unlit driveway in the dark, the part cost ~$500 and had to be shipped in from Volvo. $2200 sounds like you got ripped the fuck off.

Lexus Rh400. Same kind of outside mirrors set-up. Did some collateral damage to the door as it was ripped off and that required minor work plus repainting the door (that adds many $100s). (Her insurer collected her deductible from the trucking company's insurer, so she paid zip, such that if anyone paid too much it was her insurer, who chose to send her to the dealer for the work.)

Lexus Rh400. Same kind of outside mirrors set-up. Did some collateral damage to the door as it was ripped off and that required minor work plus repainting the door (that adds many $100s). (Her insurer collected her deductible from the trucking company's insurer, so she paid zip, such that if anyone paid too much it was her insurer, who chose to send her to the dealer for the work.)

Oh yeah if there was work on the door, that's a big panel, it gets expensive fast. Luckily I only tore off the mirror itself, the connection to the door was intact... So just had to get the whole mirror part and like 1 hour of labour.

Funny enough I was in cottage country too. But I was not drunk. Trim your tree branches above drive ways, fools! I also once scraped my bumper on a black gate on an unlit driveway in the west end. Who the hell does that? No lights, black gates, and you've got 4-5 inches of wiggle room to fit through it. Goddamn. Fucking cars. I'm glad to be done with that shit. Metropass all the way.

Last edited:
What is a one-percenter?

Check all that apply:
  • a car insurance deductable of $5000
  • outlaws of motorcycle clubs/gangs
  • have median annual household income of $750,000, median assets of $7.5 million
  • a statistic kept in Australian football

Good work - but a quibble. In Canada one does not need a household income that high to be in the top 1%. (IIRC correctly - but too lazy right now to search out - it is something more than $400K but less than $500K.) I have not before seen an asset-based definition of 1%er wealth - and what is meant by "median assets"?

ETA: Found this, as at Sept. 2013:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/who-are-canada-s-top-1-1.1703321

"That $191,100 [per person] is just the minimum to squeak into the one per cent club. Most of the people in that category earned much more. The average income among the top one per cent was twice that — $381,300."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back