4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second Sun article puts the Martino's location Dundas West of Runnymede. Almost straight across from his previously favourite LCBO (and the only place I've seen him outside his vehicle)/

As a quick aside, I must say that I rather enjoy the fact that this forum has expert contributors in human resources, addiction psychology and treatment, at least one lawyer, many who know much about publishing and journalism, a couple of I.T. nerds, civil servants, at least one EMS expert, and, finally, someone who can precisely identify industrial trucks (even on the basis of a small, closely-cropped photo). It makes reading this forum very interesting.

(Apologies if I left your area of expertise off the list, this is just off the top of my head).

Truck-posting person here. It's not actually my area of expertise, Truck that is. All your questions regarding advertising, including those of an automotive nature, will be gladly fielded though.

Agreed. There seems to be many layers to this onion. I think Rob's little bird is going to breath a lot of fire into this story. His country monkey punkin has the potential to take things to a whole 'nother other level. I bet it's driving Doug nuts.

Couldn't happen to a nicer and more deserving folks, like Rob and Doug.

Karen Stintz going into Ford's office smiling and was shaken going out:

[wild speculation] so, rob just offered to pay her campaign expenses if she drops out? or offered her a nice plush 'cabinet'-type post if she gives him her support? [/wild speculation]
]]\\

Don't forget the dirty tricks to get John Tory to drop out of the mayoral race in 2010. (Even though the author of those tricks is now Tory's campaign manager.)

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2010/11/05/did_ford_campaigns_tricks_knock_tory_out.html'

By: David Rider Urban Affairs Feature Writer, Published on Fri Nov 05 2010

The Rob Ford campaign had one of its members anonymously call John Tory’s radio show and bait him about his integrity in a strategy to keep Tory out of Toronto’s mayoral race.
Nick Kouvalis, Ford’s deputy campaign manager and now the mayor-elect’s chief of staff, told a forum Friday that his success in keeping Tory out of the race was a “huge victory†and “Rob won because of it.â€

The Ford brothers promised a dirty campaign this year, and Stintz is just the lowest branch and therefore easiest to pick off.

Who is this directed to?
Honest question.

Threaded view doesn't work so well on my display.

You, Joe! The cadence of your post reminds me of Wormington's writing. Not really an insult, it's just... funny.

Just like how I used to make fun of casita for reminding us about how he worked for the city when the dinosaurs still ruled. Hasn't reminded us in a while...

How long have you held your latest job ( without checking your watch ). ;)

About 2.5 months, nearly 2 years before that, I'm only 25 give me a break. Hopping jobs is common in my industry!

(I'm not being a tough guy, I just like to poke fun, don't take offence plz)

About 2.5 months, nearly 2 years before that, I'm only 25 give me a break. Hopping jobs is common in my industry!

(I'm not being a tough guy, I just like to poke fun, don't take offence plz)

None taken, euler. In my industry, if you wanted to work in TO, there was only one employer. I joined when I was 18. There were times I wanted to quit, but I didn't know any other way of making a living.

Cheers!

Sorry for being cranky. Can't stand any aggravation anymore! I sure wish I was 25 again. < smile >

Last edited:
Second Sun article puts the Martino's location Dundas West of Runnymede. Almost straight across from his previously favourite LCBO (and the only place I've seen him outside his vehicle)/

Good golly that's convenient. Could pick up a coupla 60-pounders of Bacardi at the same time as the wheels.
Might get thirsty on the drive home. Banana daiquiri, anyone?

You, Joe! The cadence of your post reminds me of Wormington's writing. Not really an insult, it's just... funny.

Just like how I used to make fun of casita for reminding us about how he worked for the city when the dinosaurs still ruled. Hasn't reminded us in a while...

Yeah, not sure how I shouldn't find that insulting.

I currently live in the suburbs of Scarborough, and I'm one of those 'ethnics'
that the Fords claim they have done so much for. What's funny is the country I was born in.
Someone like Rob and Thug would fit in quite nicely, politically speaking.

Which was a big reason why my parents immigrated to Canada.

I learned english at a fairly young age, but it wasn't my first language.
And I barely passed gr 9 French.

So how many languages do you speak euler?
Maybe I can make fun, but not insult that part of you?
I'm a citizen, but I fully admit I wasn't born here.
So maybe some of the customs of the country is still foreign to me.

Feel free to read that as a poem if you want.

Mosuns and fords are family friends. Ford appointed Mosun to the tpa board. My kids went to the same Montessori and dance as Mosuns.

Some Reporter: "Mr. Ford, earlier you stated that you don't throw your friends under the bus (or something to that effect). Now, it appears the Saheil Mosun firm produced those pink umbrellas you seem to regard as gravy. Further, you voted for the appointment of Mr. Mosun to the parking board. Finally, it appears the Mosun family are friends of the Ford family from way back. Why are you now throwing your family friend under the bus?"

The Ford brothers promised a dirty campaign this year, and Stintz is just the lowest branch and therefore easiest to pick off.

Also: I suspect they're still mad at her for that all too brief period when she was showing actual leadership on council, and speaking out against their asshole agenda. The Fords seem like people who hold onto grudges, wouldn't y'all say?

In addition, I daresay they're none-too-pleased about her strategy (pathetic as it was/is) of trying to appeal to "their" base of voters. Granted, it was an effort doomed from the start. Ford's Neanderthal fanbase aren't interested in supporting 'reasonable' conservatives who parrot Ford's talking points; they want him. But to them, it's the thought that counts, and I doubt they appreciate Stintz trying to poach on their grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back