4.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 684     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else is getting a "Fatal Attraction" vibe off this whole LeeAnne McRobb thing? Two interviews in two days? McRobb is certainly looking for attention — and I bet she's not getting it, now that Rob is back at home. If my jumping-to-conclusions and stereotyping is anything to go on, this could get real weird.

We passed real weird about a year ago. That ship sailed Cooper, we are now approaching the rabbit hole.

Who else is getting a "Fatal Attraction" vibe off this whole LeeAnne McRobb thing? Two interviews in two days? McRobb is certainly looking for attention — and I bet she's not getting it, now that Rob is back at home. If my jumping-to-conclusions and stereotyping is anything to go on, this could get real weird.

I don't think she did 2 interviews. The Sun is just milking the one that they did with her.

I ask again - do we know that it was towed, not driven? (Also, seems she might have gone to the Dixon Rd location of Martino's.)

As to the dots, no doubt she would have thought that the rich Mayor of Tornto had pull to get her a good deal plus by going to Toronto she would get a free rental of the Escalade. It may (of course, one cannot preclude may not) be as miundane as that.

Good points. I didn't see anything about her vehicle being towed to the repair shop instead of driven, I just made that assumption.

Didn't she also say she paid $5,000 out of her own pocket? If this person smashed the car up, why didn't they pay for the repairs? If they can afford spa-hab...

Probably Ford math as to total cost and she probably has a large deductible ($1,000 or more) for collision damage that she would find painful to have to cover and no doubt would find it very hard to collect that from whomever it was [note: if indeed the other person is not a fiction and she didn't bang up the truck herself]. All that we do know about her* suggests that her stay in an expensive 'rehab' may well have been paid for by her parents, who seem to be well-off business owners. (*She had an entry-level job at a bank, then another unspecified recent job, has a house that she most likely obtained through her divorce, and may get some child support payments.)

Last edited:
I don't think she did 2 interviews. The Sun is just milking the one that they did with her.

The 2nd story states that it is based on a telephone interview with her conducted after the 1st story was published. (ETA: Not that I trust Sun News Network!)

Probably Ford math as to total cost and she probably has a large deductible ($1,000 or more) for collision damage that she would find painful to have to cover. All that we do know about her suggests that her stay in an expensive 'rehab' may well have been paid for by her parents, who seem to be well-off business owners.

More than likely her record is already terrible for insurance - was that her first DUI? Also, her damage sounds like it was cosmetic on the front. That would generally mean, they rear ended someone and had to pay their damage too - making the 5k. But I'm guessing a lot from the damage. Not good with the dots yet.

Calling all shirtless hordes...

reporterdonpeat 4:03pm via Twitter Web Client
Minister of Finance Joe Oliver having a presser with Mayor Rob Ford tomorrow at #TTC's Hillcrest Complex.

Personally I'd keep the shirts on, but please please protest this. I suggest just chanting "Tough on crime" and maybe signs saying how conservatives like associating with people who associate with criminals.

This pink umbrella business connected to Ford makes no sense. He spoke so loudly about, he can't be connected to it. That would be like a tough on crime politician smoking crack with known criminals... oh wait.

In other news, former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin who was mayor during Katrina was just found guilty and sentenced to 10 years for bribery, fraud and money laundering. Fords always seem to have an appreciation for American politics, America seems to bring the hammer much more on corrupt politicians than we have up here, and some seem to take full advantage of that.

$5k is about right for cosmetic front end damage. I hit a deer last year at speed and smashed up my truck nicely, was a $5k insurance job. Any more than that and the truck would have been a write off.

More than likely her record is already terrible for insurance - was that her first DUI? Also, her damage sounds like it was cosmetic on the front. That would generally mean, they rear ended someone and had to pay their damage too - making the 5k. But I'm guessing a lot from the damage. Not good with the dots yet.

Or that she hit a tree or some other object that was not another vehicle. And I am "100% Doug Ford guaranteed" sure that $5,000 is a BS number, the true meaning of which is "a lot more than I wished I had to pay".

pattycakes - yes! yes!! and yes!!! too to evvabeing re: "rob saw this happen"

Please keep talking Ms Monkey Pumpkin! ;)

I'm sure she will, she seems like the kind of person who needs/loves the attention. Which is probably why she wanted to do the Sun interview in the first place -- she may have even approached them first, rather than vice-versa.

FYI. The Sun's second story, posted this afternoon, is based on a phone interview from today.

“I worry about Rob. Obviously, he is a friend and I care about it. Mainly, I hope he’s not upset with me,†McRobb said Thursday in a phone interview from her home in Bala, Ont. – about 200 km north of Toronto in Muskoka where the GreeneStone rehab facility is also located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back