4.6K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 682     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know that the damage (in this morning's Sun article she said the grill was smashed) was such as to prevent her truck from being drivien?

i think i remember her saying something like the damage was pretty bad, but that the truck looks good as new now. give me a sec to see if i can find it... or if others wanna help...

This may just be a case of semantics and me just wishing for stuff to slip out via verbal slip-ups but one thing I heard that jumped out at me in the 'little monkey/country pumpkin' interview was what she said when asked about the smuggling in of stuff to GS.

Typically, to catch a liar it's the little things that slip people up, the slight inferences or whatever...so, when I heard her denial in the interview, but she trailed off her answer and added "...while I was there" it was like a bit of am a-ha lightbulb going off: she's telling the truth - in that she didn't smuggle anything in while she was there - but after she had been kicked out and driving the Escalade that appeared late at nite in a known area for smuggling in of stuff........she was no longer a 'resident' and 'was (no longer) there'. Make sense?

Compare the written quote “I didn’t smuggle anything into GreeneStone to give to anyone,†she claimed. “There may be other people that had that issue but as far as Rob and I were concerned, there was nothing like that going on.†to the quote on video where she adds off, trailing "...while I was there." (Skip forward to about the 3:30 - 3:50 mark in the interview here: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/10/mayor-rob-fords-rehab-buddy-speaks-out

Good liars say as little as possible...bad liars invariably slip up by saying too much.
Might be wishful thinking but, well, sometimes that all we've got eh??

This may just be a case of semantics and me just wishing for stuff to slip out via verbal slip-ups but one thing I heard that jumped out at me in the 'little monkey/country pumpkin' interview was what she said when asked about the smuggling in of stuff to GS.

Typically, to catch a liar it's the little things that slip people up, the slight inferences or whatever...so, when I heard her denial in the interview, but she trailed off her answer and added "...while I was there" it was like a bit of am a-ha lightbulb going off: she's telling the truth - in that she didn't smuggle anything in while she was there - but after she had been kicked out and driving the Escalade that appeared late at nite in a known area for smuggling in of stuff........she was no longer a 'resident' and 'was (no longer) there'. Make sense?

Compare the written quote “I didn’t smuggle anything into GreeneStone to give to anyone,” she claimed. “There may be other people that had that issue but as far as Rob and I were concerned, there was nothing like that going on.” to the quote on video where she adds off, trailing "...while I was there." (Skip forward to about the 3:30 - 3:50 mark in the interview here: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/10/mayor-rob-fords-rehab-buddy-speaks-out

Good liars say as little as possible...bad liars invariably slip up by saying too much.
Might be wishful thinking but, well, sometimes that all we've got eh??

fwiw, i thought the same thing.

Do we know that the damage (in this morning's Sun article she said the grill was smashed) was such as to prevent her truck from being driven?

Who the hell bangs up their vehicle in Muskoka (or loans it out and the loanee bangs it up) and then has it towed to Dundas and Runnymede to get it fixed? There are some dots here which haven't been put together yet.

(Edited to state: yes, I know I'm stating the blindingly obvious here, but, you know, I'm not perfect.)

Last edited:
Note that there is a 2nd Marinto's location (called Airport Martino's) - the one that Robbie cut the ribbon for - at 606 Dixon Rd, closer to home sweet Edenbridge than to the Tim Horton's [but still not in "the east-end"].

Who the hell bangs up their vehicle in Muskoka (or loans it out and the loanee bangs it up) and then has it towed to Dundas and Runnymede to get it fixed? There are some dots here which haven't been put together yet.

I ask again - do we know that it was towed, not driven? (Also, seems she might have gone to the Dixon Rd location of Martino's.)

As to the dots, no doubt she would have thought that the rich Mayor of Tornto had pull to get her a good deal plus by going to Toronto she would get a free rental of the Escalade. It may (of course, one cannot preclude may not) be as miundane as that.

fwiw, i thought the same thing.
Actually reminded me of Ford in council saying he hadn't gotten wasted again - at the ACC.
People who are addicts tend to choose their words very carefully, so they aren't really lying, they just aren't telling the whole truth.

i think i remember her saying something like the damage was pretty bad, but that the truck looks good as new now. give me a sec to see if i can find it... or if others wanna help...

it's in the video. she says: it was in pretty bad shape... the front end and the bumper was smashed out

sounds undriveable to me.

something about her saying "rob saw this happen" rubs me weird too. did he witness the accident?

Who else is getting a "Fatal Attraction" vibe off this whole LeeAnne McRobb thing? Two interviews in two days? McRobb is certainly looking for attention — and I bet she's not getting it, now that Rob is back at home. If my jumping-to-conclusions and stereotyping is anything to go on, this could get real weird.

Screenshot 2014-07-10 19.00.58.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-10 19.00.58.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-10 19.00.58.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 711
Didn't she also say she paid $5,000 out of her own pocket? If this person smashed the car up, why didn't they pay for the repairs? If they can afford spa-hab...

Actually reminded me of Ford in council saying he hadn't gotten wasted again - at the ACC.
People who are addicts tend to choose their words very carefully, so they aren't really lying, they just aren't telling the whole truth.

pattycakes - yes! yes!! and yes!!! too to evvabeing re: "rob saw this happen"

Please keep talking Ms Monkey Pumpkin! ;)

I ask again - do we know that it was towed, not driven? (Also, seems she might have gone to the Dixon Rd location of Martino's.)

As to the dots, no doubt she would have thought that the rich Mayor of Tornto had pull to get her a good deal plus by going to Toronto she would get a free rental of the Escalade. It may (of course, one cannot preclude may not) be as miundane as that.

I think the other question that needs to be asked of her is how did she get back to pickup her truck? Iirc, she said it took 6 days to fix, throw in her DUI suspension. Did lisi pick her up for that? For another shipment of envelopes as well, conveniently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back