News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
StrashinCBC 2:40pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
Former Ford staffer Nico Fidani looks for Ward 5 appointment. http://pic.twitter.com/GVGW4PUgKw

"Hi, my name is Nico Fidani. You might remember me from such ITO releases as October 31 and December 5."

LOL, OMG I read that in a "Troy McCluer" fashion and am dying. Well Played!

Probably discussed already, but has anyone seen the Sun's cover today?

http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CAN_TSUN&ref_pge=lst

Went by the site, can't seem to find any article except a strange one from Warmington going on about something.

"Fishing pals", "off the hook". Subtle for the Sun.

For posterity, since that link will expire tomorrow.

CAN_TSUN.jpg

Attachments

• CAN_TSUN.jpg
    CAN_TSUN.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 929
Can people that big ride bikes? Don't you have to get down to a certain size first before you can even stay on one?

ETA: Okay, I looked it up (slow day), and apparently people in excess of 300 lbs can ride a bike, it's just a good idea to make sure the bike is strong enough to hold them, and if they're inexperienced riders, they might want to start with a trike to compensate for any balance issues.

All of that is totally irrelevent, obviously, because there's no way Rob is getting on a bicycle.

He could easily use a tri-cycle, no need for training wheels. :p

Asked directly Monday whether he can still travel to the U.S., Ford was blunt.

“Yes, I can,†Ford said.

Now, ya see, they're not asking the right question again.
He can travel "to" the U.S. They just won't let him stay.

Asked directly Monday whether he can still travel to the U.S., Ford was blunt.

“Yes, I can,” Ford said.

Now, ya see, they're not asking the right question again.
He can travel "to" the U.S. They just won't let him stay.
Do we know who asked this, and why? It seemed kind of random. Also odd that he responded.

Pickles tends to bend that way... and tends towards passive aggressiveness when called on something.

Pickles: RFMG and Daniel Dale were first if it means anything..

Gee, thanks for the diagnosis, JWBF. You sound just like Dofo.

And again, it wasn't me who talked about who was first.

the deepend: Yup, there is a little bit of special East York nationalism, especially about the Canada Day parade. After amalgamation, City Hall said they wouldn't fund a parade anymore so it would have to be canceled. Volunteers got together and the parade went on without any help from the City. EY is a fairly closeknit community, compared to some of the former municipalities that make up the new Toronto. We had a non-binding referendum on amalgamating and residents voted overwhelmingly against it. Some of that EY spirit still exists.

Kaboi, you raise good points in your post. Diversity of approaches is a positive thing. For me the parody twitter accounts are the only things that keep my spirits up on some of thebad Ford days. Funny and subversive! I was suggesting an additional approach for the RFMG group, not criticizing it. I endeavoured to make that clear in my subsequent posts.

Although I am an infrequent poster here, I've been active against Ford for more than a year. For example, I have a) written Ford personally (back in the spring of 2013 after the Sarah Thompson incident), talked to my City Councillor about how to muzzle Ford, shown up at a Council meeting, attended a protest demo at NP Square, worn "I am embarassed by our mayor" button for months (until my embarassment became deep concern and anger). But it was the media encounter that got the most bang for the buck and that's why I've been suggesting it.

Just throwing it into the hopper.

Do we know who asked this, and why? It seemed kind of random. Also odd that he responded.

One of the CH media right at the elevator as RoFo was on his way up to the meeting at 9:00. (caught it on CP24 live, wasn't George) they had him in the elevator for a sec before the doors closed. And yes it was random.

I'm surprised CH even covers Toronto council. Though now I look, they seem to have a whole section on their website - http://www.chch.com/category/news/toronto/

I think sno man meant CityHall media. In fact, I seem to remember it was Don Peat who popped the question. RoFo, surprisingly, answered and then ignored the obvious followup question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back