370     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 583     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concrete proof that councilor\co-mayor Doug Ford is encouraging the youths of Canada to get interested in politics.

(I wonder if that will be Warmington's next headline.)

Greatest mayor (in name only) and co-mayor, ever.

Doug Ford is our mayor. Doug Ford has always been our mayor.

Shocking!

goldsbie 2:00pm via Twitter Web Client
Meanwhile, @jlancasterCBC is at City Hall, suggesting Mammoliti or Ford may have done something *else* that we don't yet know about.

This really isn't about who first.

AoD

Pickles tends to bend that way... and tends towards passive aggressiveness when called on something.

Pickles: RFMG and Daniel Dale were first if it means anything..

Last edited:
Yes, I was at that rally. And EY did kick off the public opposition to Ford's return from rehab. We had 1st crack and made it count!

this tangent is uncovering something that i was heretofore unaware of, that of a specific form of East York 'nationalism'...

marcusbgee 2:03pm via TweetDeck
Doug Ford says there is a "mob scene" every time his brother shows up anywhere.

tumblr_n28hxxieaw1s5te4ho1_400.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_n28hxxieaw1s5te4ho1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n28hxxieaw1s5te4ho1_400.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 975
Shocking!

goldsbie 2:00pm via Twitter Web Client
Meanwhile, @jlancasterCBC is at City Hall, suggesting Mammoliti or Ford may have done something *else* that we don't yet know about.

Further down on that tweet:

Peter Paper
‏@paperpater
@AndrewTumilty @goldsbie @jlancasterCBC Is this one the missing woman (Jaclyn Dawe) whose last known was one of Fords crack haunts?

ParkdalePetunia, you've got the drift of my sentiment. I think shirtless joe was great. We need more people to stand up against Ford in public like he did with forceful, controlled and intelligent questions.

We don't need to make this a cult of the personality, though. Killoran's interaction with Ford wasn't great because he was shirtless; he was great because he gave voice to the anger, concern and questions many of us share. To focus on the "shirtless" angle diverts attention from the seriousness of our concerns and makes the protest against Ford a bit of a circus, imo. I love the memes that have appeared on twitter and FB but I believe Killoran would want every person concerned about Ford's record to find their own, individual way of expressing and presenting this, not to copy the outfit he happened to be wearing when he encountered Rofo.

We see today that Fordites are getting media attention because they are in the eye of the media at Council. I think many different but equally sincere, civil, direct and public expressions of citizen opposition is important. The boy's email to Ford is a great example. My suggestion to the RFMG group (though imperfectly expressed) was to take its excellent and unique form of opposition and make the public aware of it. Taking a 1/2 hour break from inside and strolling through the farmers market on Wednesdays with signs would rachet up the pressure on Ford, I believe.

I'm clearly more of a "live and let live" type when it comes to the form of protest people choose. That's kind of the beauty of protest as I see it.

Whether it's the decidedly non-confrontational approach of RFMG, a group taking their shirts off at a planned Rob Ford appearance, parody Twitter accounts, running into Ford on a random occasion and shouting at him to resign (and good on you for doing so Pickles), or wearing a cheeky anti-Ford button, it's all fair play - people participate the way they want and to the extent that they want to (or are able).

I just don't get criticizing people for not protesting the way you think they should.

Do I agree with everyone's tactics? Doesn't matter. They're out there fighting the good fight the way they want to fight it. Anyone who wants to do it differently is welcome to do so.

Lest anyone think it is over:

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 51s
Giroux says that his team would still like to speak with Rob Ford. Says the invitation to chat was left 'open ended'. #ToPoli

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 4m
Det. Sgt. Gary Giroux says Project Brazen 2 is still active, moving "full steam ahead". #ToPoli (this is the investigation into Rob Ford)

AoD

I'm thinking now that TPS isn't just after evidence against Ford---they want to do a full-scale round-up of all the players at once, in which case they have a lot more T's to cross and I's to dot. At some point I wouldn't be surprised to see a series of early morning raids targeting organized crime figures across the city, of which one of those arrested would be Rob Ford.

Janine Silk ‏@babushkaj 3m
Has Silverstein not had a talk with Doug yet?

Recent tweet, valid point. Is Ford's new PR manager guy of the "bad press is still press" variety? Or is he more of the "assumed that his new clients would listen to a single word he said and already wondering why he signed on for this potentially career-killing shitshow" type?

Janine Silk ‏@babushkaj 3m
Has Silverstein not had a talk with Doug yet?

Recent tweet, valid point. Is Ford's new PR manager guy of the "bad press is still press" variety? Or is he more of the "assumed that his new clients would listen to a single word he said and already wondering why he signed on for this potentially career-killing shitshow" type?

The latter, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back