682     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 604     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 745     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also this one in Muskoka. The accommodations and ammenities seem tolerable:
http://greenestone.net/accommodations-amenities/photo-gallery/

[h=5]GreeneStone Values[/h]
  1. We value a client centered approach, embracing diversity, honoring privacy, and people’s need for autonomy and independence
  2. We value a respectful and non-judgmental attitude to people and to addictions
  3. We value treatment that is in accord with a person’s personal beliefs recognizing that bolstering hope, courage and trust are integral factors in recovery
  4. We value excellence in care based on evidence based treatments
  5. We value a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team approach that is practical and results oriented
  6. We value a seamless full continuum of care including interventions, in-house medical-detoxification, treatment for co-occurring disorders and aftercare support
  7. We value inclusion of the person’s primary supports including family, friends or others who are the individual’s core team support

Oh well, so much for that one then.

If I'm not mistaken greenstone and the other muskoka are one and the same. The John Haines rehabs went through a number of names and locations. Greenstone, Vita Novus (not to be confused with Vita Nova).

Additionally, I will cop to having given the thesis five out of five tinfoil hats. I thought it was an elegant explanation for a strange set of facts, and one that fits with the Fords' modus operandi. Apart from the fact that it may not be possible to find a doctor who would do gastric bypass surgery on Ford, I'm struggling to find other logical flaws. The fact that RoFo git turned away at the US border is not a logical flaw in the argument. On the issue of the medical obstacles to gastric bypass surgery, is it also the case for liposuction?

Liposuction is a truly horrendous operation which needs a lot of recovery time. And it's inappropriate for someone of Rob Ford's girth as the complications can be deadly.

There is more than one weight loss surgery. Some are apparently not too intrusive and might work for Ford for a little while but I knew a lady who did get the stomach band surgery - the one where they can return to have the band adjusted if they are still eating too much. She had to go through mental health assessments and physicals. I doubt Ford would take a chance on iffy surgery when they have the money to go anywhere. It's not something you can on demand as there is some prep. It can be quite alarming at first for patients who have done this because the hunger doesn't just disappear overnight but the stomach is too small to hold much so they struggle with a desire to eat and to go back to old habits and feeling sick if they overdo what their new stomach area can handle.

Both sound like nightmares to me.

OMG

"Vets Min Julian Fantino compares Rob Ford's issues with PTSD victims"
https://twitter.com/lizchurchto/status/464479878516338688

Hahaha!

http://www.resultsforvaughan.ca/media_/press-releases/statement-by-minister-julian-fantino

Our government has been equally clear: we will not legalize any harmful drug. We will continue protecting the interests of families and vulnerable people across this country. We will get tough on drug dealers, pimps and traffickers, particularly those who prey on our children, and we will fight drug-related violence wherever it occurs.

“Under the leadership of Prime Minister Harper, our government is focused on protecting our communities from the effects of illegal drugs, and vulnerable women from the harmful effects of legalized prostitution.”

Yeah, you'll just call it PTSD instead!

AoD

You think the counsellors accept Ford's "I only smoke crack in drunken stupors" cop out?

Ha! If he had been in my rehab while I worked there he would have been too busy to say that. He would have been scrubbing a bathroom, reflecting on what brought him there.

And if I were in a good mood he wouldn't have had to do it with a toothbrush.

Ha! If he had been in my rehab while I worked there he would have been too busy to say that. He would have been scrubbing a bathroom, reflecting on what brought him there.

And if I were in a good mood he wouldn't have had to do it with a toothbrush.

We need a "like" button for these posts.

If I'm not mistaken greenstone and the other muskoka are one and the same. The John Haines rehabs went through a number of names and locations. Greenstone, Vita Novus (not to be confused with Vita Nova).

Same owner? Does not seem to be same location: GreeneStone is near Bala. Muskoka Recovery is near Burk's Falls. Searches show Muskoka Recovery, previously called Pickerel Lake, previously called Vita Novus, is owned by one John Haines. Searches also turn up some people who are some pissed off at John Haines.

From a consumer complaint forum (can't vouch for it in any way, of course, may be BS based on anger for some other reason, or whatever) - note that the complainant says GreeneStone is also owned by John Hianes:

Oct 9, 2012

MUSKOKA RECOVERY CENTER IS A SCAM WATCH OUT!!

Beware of John Haines and his various illegal rehab centres. It is in a residential area and not allowed. Google "John Haines rehab" and you will quickly see he is a known scam artist and KNOWN CRIMINAL with CONVICTIONS. It is alleged that HE IS BACK DRINKING AND DOING COCAINE WITH FORMER MANAGER SCOTT AS OF APPROX OCTOBER 2012 but still attempting to operate his centres as a functioning addict. He may also be trying steroids again. The centre near Burk's Falls, Ontario has changed names THREE times in the same location, let alone the other centres he has opened and (fore)closed before (Vits Novus, Greenestone, etc...google those too).

The order was

1. Vita Novus http://www.vitanovus.ca/
2. Pickerel Lake Recovery www.muskokarecovery.com
3. Muskoka Recovery http://www.pickerellakerecovery.com/

As you can see they all have the same website and even the same phone number (705-382-2193).

He doesn't even take down the old site once he changes the name.

The reason he keeps changing names is because people speak of the poor treatment online and there are too many complaints that can be seen when googleing the place. So he keeps getting fresh starts so when it is googled all that shows up is his own website, until complaints start showing up on the forums then he changes again. Dont let him fool you. He will give you a list of other reasons when you ask about the name changes like "our services have changed so the name did too", etc,etc,etc,etc

If you do a 45 day program he will tell the parents he thinks the child needs to stay longer to recover. to get your cash even if you are ready to go. or if your in a 60 day he will push the parents for 90 days. anything to get money to pay off the loan sharks he alledgedly owes

Send your loved one here if:

1.you want nurses and counsellors that will give them pills for money - or even for free if they liek them enough,
2. nurses that sexually abuse clients - caught with hand down her pant when she was passed out allegedly
3.you are ok with counsellors having sex with clients
4.counsellors caught having sex with each other in the hot tub area downstairs - the same woman tried to sleep with a male client
5. clients caught having sex with one another while high on drugs.
6. councellors coming in stoned

He will try and tell you the internet hate is from former employees, or people from the town who don't want him there, or clients who relapsed, etc.

I am not relapsed i am clean. but i attribute this to myself, not the care a received there.

I was approached by a female counsellor (maybe 40 years old) that tried to kiss me and wanted my cell phone number when i was leaving. She wanted to get drunk with me. Wow isn't that professional.

Last edited:
Same owner? Does not seem to be same location: Greenstone is near Bala. Muskoka Recovery is near Burk's Falls. Searches show Muskoka Recovery, previously called Pickerel Lake, previously called Vita Novus, is owned by one John Haines. Searches also turn up some people who are some pissed off at John Haines.

Yeah, it's a huge weird web. I was on my phone so I didn't articulate myself well -- one or many of those places (who can tell) no longer exists. I meant it was the same owner, staff, etc, just picking up shop. But I'm honestly not sure.

I've read all those complaintsboard comments before -- it's definitely people who are angry, but it's hard to tell. Rehab, for many reasons can make people very mad at the treatment centers. Misplaced resentment. It's also happening to a related place called "Freedom Addiction" or something like that. It all seems to be leaving a trail of slime.

Definitely take it with a grain of salt though. But on the other hand, Caritas has been around for 25 years, is an INCREDIBLY difficult program -- and has had some people really mad/resentful, but there isn't a single comment/complaint there.

All I can say about the JH rehabs is that *I* wouldn't send someone there.

The continued complaints about unreported sexual assault at Muskoka Recover/Pickerel Lake are disturbing. It looks like this Haines is in the habit of buying old hotels/resorts and flipping them into ultra expensive rehabs, to hell with the zoning by-laws.

The whole recover-as-profit is kind of turning my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back