679     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 602     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 742     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has worked for me numerous times. I had a bad case of sciatica 10 years ago. I went to a massage therapist and a chiropractor, and both were not able to alleviate the pain. After going to a TCM Dr. and receiving acupunture once, it was gone.
I have been hit by two cars while riding my bike. The second time was quite serious, with many months of recovery. Acupuncture was instrumental in pain management afterwards, both times.

It absolutely worked better than a placebo for me, and for many other people I know. The only study I have read was a German one, which stated that acupuncture, even sham acupuncture) worked better conventional therapies (drugs, physio, and exercise). In different studies, prayer has shown to have had an effect as well. The placebo effect shows how powerful one's attitude toward recovery and healing is.

It doesn't work for everyone that is true. When my brother had back pain, it didn't work for him. What the TCM DR told him was if it doesn't work for you after 3 tries, then it won't be helpful at all. (A much more honest way of providing health care, than getting people addicted to pain killers!)

For most of the people that I know who have used it, it has worked close to 75 or 80% of the time. (Granted, I know people who are more open to alternative medicine.) It worked for me 100%, and I would recommend it to anyone who has pain to at least try it.

I had a conversation with a nurse practitioner friend recently who explained that the reason acupuncture is effective is in part because of how nerves develop in utero in a particular order and in places different from where they end up ... at least I think that's what it was, regarding the connections.

Easier to find a doctor willing to bend the rules in the States, perhaps?

I'm owning this bullshit theory. I brought it up a few pages ago. If it's actual bullshit, then it's my actual bullshit.

I obviously don't know much about weight loss surgery.

Additionally, I will cop to having given the thesis five out of five tinfoil hats. I thought it was an elegant explanation for a strange set of facts, and one that fits with the Fords' modus operandi. Apart from the fact that it may not be possible to find a doctor who would do gastric bypass surgery on Ford, I'm struggling to find other logical flaws. The fact that RoFo git turned away at the US border is not a logical flaw in the argument. On the issue of the medical obstacles to gastric bypass surgery, is it also the case for liposuction?

Additionally, I will cop to having given the thesis five out of five tinfoil hats. I thought it was an elegant explanation for a strange set of facts, and one that fits with the Fords' modus operandi. Apart from the fact that it may not be possible to find a doctor who would do gastric bypass surgery on Ford, I'm struggling to find other logical flaws. The fact that RoFo git turned away at the US border is not a logical flaw in the argument. On the issue of the medical obstacles to gastric bypass surgery, is it also the case for liposuction?

That would depend entirely on general health. If the liver is damaged and working at a less than ideal level, there could be a significant risk of bleeding with any invasive procedure as the blood's ability to clot is compromised.

Thanks (amongt other things so that we will waste no more idle speculation on the most recent hypotheses). Not to suggest disclosing what you cannot, but isn't it the case that, to be back in Toronto on Tuesday, you have to be saying that the clinic is outside of Toronto? (Not necessarily "nowhere near the GTA" as chronic liar Doug says, but outside of Toronto as we normally define it.)

Doug has different and wildly variable definitions of 'nowhere', 'near' and 'GTA' ...

Homewood was, believe it or not, originally thrown out there by the Sun earlier this week. I'd guess it was a hint to bait anyone away from where Ford actually is/was.

Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 3.02.35 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 3.02.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 3.02.35 PM.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 737
Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 3.05.00 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 3.05.37 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 3.05.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 3.05.00 PM.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 797
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 3.05.37 PM.jpg