384     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 497     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Details please....Miller's agreement vs Ford's (Holyday's) Agreement and how savings were arrived at...Thanks

From the CFO's memo today...

Miller's collective agreement savings:
"$174m in reduced sick pay liability"

Ford's collective agreement savings:
"$54M in savings from reductions in city liabilities for post-age 65 retiree benefits
$35M in productivity efficiencies in productivity gains"

From pages 5 and 8, respectively, of this document:
http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...007 - 2014 Operating Budget Savings Final.pdf

No sir, it's definitely a gazillion dollars...

gordperks 4:45pm via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Dear "The Taxpayers" please be alert. Expect a man to shout at you that you have $1.1 Billion in your pockets. Use caution. Do not approach!

He's shouting it out via email

Dear Friends,

The City Manager and CFO released documents today further showing the success of my administration in saving money for the taxpayers of Toronto. We have helped keep over $1.1 billion in the pockets of the Toronto taxpayer.

The Miller administration was heavily reliant on one-time provincial funding. This is not a responsible way to run a business, and it is not the way we want to run our City. We need to know that we have the tools in hand to keep our City balanced, sustainable, and affordable.

In 2009 alone, the graph released by the CFO's office shows over $200 million in unsustainable, one-time provincial funding. Funding which is no longer provided, and without the efficiencies found, would have forced a higher tax burden.

My administration has seen almost $900 million in reductions and collective agreements – that's nearly $350 million more than the previous administration.

Over the last 4 years, we have seen TTC fare increases that are, on average, half that of the previous administration.

Residential tax increases are at an average of 1.7 % - again, less than half that of the previous administration of 3.6%

The overall average tax increase in our City has been half the rate of inflation, at 1.1% - compared to 2.53% over the Miller administration.

Draws on operating surpluses and reserves have decreased from $834 million to only $571 million.

My administration will continue to push for long term, sustainable funding from the Provincial government, through cost uploading, restoring funding for transit operating costs, and a share of the HST.

The new documents confirm that we have found savings and efficiencies of nearly $940 million, and when combined with the Vehicle Registration Tax being eliminated, that is over $1.1 billion of the hard earned money of Toronto taxpayers that has been saved.

right at the end of the video, robyn doolittle admits that her entry in the urbantoronto arrest pool is "never"

*its -- FTFY :)

I didn't post here to be perfect....maybe you think you're perfect....let's move on....

My administration has seen almost $900 million in reductions and collective agreements – that's nearly $350 million more than the previous administration.

OK.....so he saved 350 million dollars.....got it.

From the CFO's memo today...

Miller's collective agreement savings:
"$174m in reduced sick pay liability"

Ford's collective agreement savings:
"$54M in savings from reductions in city liabilities for post-age 65 retiree benefits
$35M in productivity efficiencies in productivity gains"

From pages 5 and 8, respectively, of this document:
http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...007 - 2014 Operating Budget Savings Final.pdf

My oh my this is going to be tremendously fun for direct comparison between the Miller and Ford years...It is all down in black and white no hiding behind.."duh duh duh" "subways subways subways" "is there another question" "I've saved billions"

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Rob Ford signed street signs?

Is that a campaign fundraising thing or is it for Charity or sheer enterprise?

The city is selling off old street signs. I have no idea what gives Rob Ford and his massive ego the right to "tag" these street signs that are decades old. It really shows the guy's massive ego that he thinks he's bigger than the city, that he has to stain classic street signs by tagging it, like it belongs to him and also interesting how nobody who works in the city offices can say NO to him.

Speaking of city managers unable to say no to him. I am no city budget expert but looking as an outsider some of these savings just seem like total fudgy numbers. Just to regular life it, some of it is like, okay I didn't renew of my Leafs season tickets, so i "saved money" but I took that money and bought Raptors season tickets for the first time for the same price tag, but I still counting the Leafs tickets I got rid of as saving. Oh and I was thinking of getting Jays season tickets for the first time, but I decided not to, so that's saving too. That's completely illogical in real life but in City Hall budget that seems to be all counting as savings.

All he seems to be mostly doing is a shell game, as taking away from one spot and adding it to the other and claiming savings on one side but ignoring higher expense on the other. Perfect example is the VRT which he calls a savings but he doesn't including the increase for TTC prices.

All he seems to be mostly doing is a shell game, as taking away from one spot and adding it to the other and claiming savings on one side but ignoring higher expense on the other. Perfect example is the VRT which he calls a savings but he doesn't including the increase for TTC prices.

The VRT thing is even worse than that. It isn't a savings to the city as the VRT wasn't a cost to the city, it was a revenue. It belongs in the other side of the accounting column as a revenue loss, the exact opposite of a savings.

The VRT thing is even worse than that. It isn't a savings to the city as the VRT wasn't a cost to the city, it was a revenue. It belongs in the other side of the accounting column as a revenue loss, the exact opposite of a savings.

And, the non-car-owners among us didn't save a cent on the cancelled VRT - instead, we paid more due to the increase in TTC and Metropass costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back