239     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 655     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re last night....someone said lights were on in the Mayor's office until 10 or 11...do we know if he was coming out of his office or did he wander over from a nearby bar/party?

He was returning calls. One of the ppl he called said (as I saw on twitter) that he didn't sound drunk but was swearing and that this was 9-9:30pm

He still can be mayor unless / until he starts serving time. From what I read here, that could take years - if ever.

Depending on the severity of the charges, and their link to his official capacity, it's very plausible that QP will step in and turf him ASAP.

Depending on the severity of the charges, and their link to his official capacity, it's very plausible that QP will step in and turf him ASAP.

Especially if charges relating to abuse of power are among them. Can't have someone with charges like that continuing to run the biggest city in the country.

Jackson Proskow ‏@JProskowGlobal 4m
I asked Councillor Ford to provide a specific example of the media not telling the truth. He couldn't. Then said "I could talk all day."

'And by talk I mean make stuff up and get really defensive with little or no provocation'.

I think initially along with his trips to the gym he *might* have tried (or at least kept it at home). Many alcoholics have multiple "I'm never drinking again" sincere moments but can't pull it off without help. It seems Ford is surrounded by people (looking at Mother Ford in particular) who seem to just brush it off as a bit of a problem, which isn't going to help him in the least.

Seems to be a sad case of a family of enablers. Brother/campaign manager Doug being the worst of the enablers

Why does Doug always downplay Rob's drinking as a "couple of beers" or "pops" when its been reported and seems clear that a couple of beer isn't his pop of choice and I don't think a couple of beers would impact anyone except for an underweight newbie

Rob will always have his share of Deco. As an inheritance, I doubt even his wife could touch that.

At the risk of sounding naive...why is Rob pushing so hard to defend his position as mayor? Aside from Doug pushing him on, don't you think Rob would just prefer to hold the CEO for CFO whatever position at Deco and drink and party to his hearts content? That way he wouldn't have ppl dogging him and dealing with all this crap, I'm serious when I ask that...I don't get it. Maybe he is resigned to the fact that he HAS to stay in politics like his father, who knows? If it were me I would take a big chill and come back later. I just don't get what drives him

My guess, based on previous comments by Wynne, is that it would take city council going to the province and specifically asking them to do something because city business could not continue otherwise. Presumably, that would at least take a city council resolution to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back