358     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 849     2 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 648     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God. Humanity is doomed. Maybe this city does deserve him.

Nothing against the good ppl of Dawes Rd but ...well its Dawes Rd. To answer my own question earlier, I think this may be what drives Rob. Maybe there is some sort of "acceptance" thing that he gets from these uh...door knocking/gathering type whatchamacallits that makes him feels good

Sometimes I think this sideshow is really all about creating a criminal defense narrative for Rob. Drunk and drug-addled, who could be held responsible for their actions?

Sometimes I think this sideshow is really all about creating a criminal defense narrative for Rob. Drunk and drug-addled, who could be held responsible for their actions?

Self induced intoxication isn't a defence in Canada. If Hotmail Lawyer is telling him it is, he's in for a surprise.

Nothing against the good ppl of Dawes Rd but ...well its Dawes Rd. To answer my own question earlier, I think this may be what drives Rob. Maybe there is some sort of "acceptance" thing that he gets from these uh...door knocking/gathering type whatchamacallits that makes him feels good
Oh you know the people of Dawes Road. You have met them all and are able to form a balanced opinion of the "people of Dawes Road"? And they are a homogeneous group? Oh, ok, then I guess I am fine with your comment. I am the last person to defend Rob defenders but these sweeping judgements stick in my craw.

Oh you know the people of Dawes Road. You have met them all and are able to form a balanced opinion of the "people of Dawes Road"? And they are a homogeneous group? Oh, ok, then I guess I am fine with your comment. I am the last person to defend Rob defenders but these sweeping judgements stick in my craw.

NO NO..."nothing against the GOOD people of Dawes Road" because there is good everywhere...and you're right...you could pick ANY neighbourhood and find the hoards of people that would surround Rob for pics etc...you are right to comment as you did. My bad

Good for Jackson. Doug can't answer when he's challenged on his endless stream of bs. I hope Jackson stays on him and points out every lie that spews from Doug's mouth.

Mayor Ford and Councillor Davis meeting with constituents on Dawes Rd.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqzHhaSl304

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRYGwUbn-II

I'm a bit cynical when it comes to elections. Things are not always what they appear. Most people are too polite to boo the man when he visits their building. They know that such behaviour might cause fights with any supporters. The supporters on the other hand see no dissent as proof that their opinion is widely accepted. I see one lady talking in that second video, a lot of people standing around listening, but other than the circus of having a celebrity visit, I don't see anyone doing anything but gawking and getting photos with the imfamous Mayor. Am I wrong?

Good for Jackson. Doug can't answer when he's challenged on his endless stream of bs. I hope Jackson stays on him and points out every lie that spews from Doug's mouth.
"So, he only keeps political promises" ... hahahahaha

"What are we lying about, Doug?"

They should just stop talking to Doug.

And Doug refers to the "common folks". What is he? A royal or something?

I'm a bit cynical when it comes to elections. Things are not always what they appear. Most people are too polite to boo the man when he visits their building. They know that such behaviour might cause fights with any supporters. The supporters on the other hand see no dissent as proof that their opinion is widely accepted. I see one lady talking in that second video, a lot of people standing around listening, but other than the circus of having a celebrity visit, I don't see anyone doing anything but gawking and getting photos with the imfamous Mayor. Am I wrong?

I guess its all about Human Nature. I'm too quiet to boo a person, but if I believe in a person I don't hesitate to applaud them - just not when they're anyway near controvercial. I just wouldn't be there to begin with. In other words, if RoFo or DoFo were to show up where I live, I would either retreat to my condo unit or leave the bldg altogether...and wait for the fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back