307     0 
News   Aug 16, 2024
 369     0 
News   Aug 16, 2024
 298     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is this: Why are all these people so excited to be seen in pictures with Rob Ford? It's been going on for a while now and I never could wrap my head around it - are they all just intoxicated by other people with a certain level of fame?

For the same reason tourists take pictures next to the world's biggest toilet: to show they were near a dumb famous thing.

Well, if the past is any indication, something's going to happen this week. Every time I leave town, Ford does something unbelievable (admitting to smoking crack, drunk at Steak Queen speaking in a Jamaican accent). I leave tomorrow. Let's hope I'm the good luck charm that gets him arrested this week! The fact that I'm going to Jamaica is purely coincidental...

What I don't understand is this: Why are all these people so excited to be seen in pictures with Rob Ford? It's been going on for a while now and I never could wrap my head around it - are they all just intoxicated by other people with a certain level of fame?

Adam Vaughn had it spot on this week. He said people don't take pictures of a plane landing. They take pictures of a plane crash.

Hell yes

Shallow people will do anything to get close to fame or infamy. Look how people humiliate themselves just to get on something like the Springer show.
I get that, but people should be getting their photos with Ford while openly mocking him.
If I ever get the chance I'd love to take and post a FB photo laughing in his face, flipping him off, or miming smoking from a crack pipe.

I get that, but people should be getting their photos with Ford while openly mocking him.
If I ever get the chance I'd love to take and post a FB photo laughing in his face, flipping him off, or miming smoking from a crack pipe.
It doesn't work that way in the day and age of selfies and instagram. The people smiling in the pics of Ford bombed out of his skull at Taste of the Danforth were ALL OVER international media. It didn't harm their reputation any and got them some random fame. It's also faux "edgy" to be in a pic with a trainwreck that will be remembered in Toronto for decades.

I suspect while he pretends it's part of his campaign he just likes the atmosphere and attention. Plus, it could also be a way of escaping trouble at home. He showed up unannounced at a friend's place a few weeks ago with his kids sayings things were bad with Renata and so he had to get out of the house. My parents are friends with the same couple.
Hello!

So I'm wondering what this new search warrant is about. Goldsbie questioned whether it could be the "big one" (a search of Ford's house and/or office). I'm doubting it's that. Wouldn't we have been tipped off if a search had occurred? Maybe the new warrant is for his phone? A few weeks ago he was willing to give up his phone to the police but then changed his tactic by saying he wanted a search warrant first. What are the other options? A search of Lisi's basement?

He showed up unannounced at a friend's place a few weeks ago with his kids sayings things were bad with Renata and so he had to get out of the house.

If I went to L.A. on a "Media Trip" during the Oscars and DIDN'T bring my wife then for sure I'd be sleeping on the couch for a long while. This just proves that Rofo is mentally an imbecile of EPIC proportions.

In all actuality - Rofo and Dofus have no clue that wives are amazing at working a room and corralling introductions...

If I went to L.A. on a "Media Trip" during the Oscars and DIDN'T bring my wife then for sure I'd be sleeping on the couch for a long while. This just proves that Rofo is mentally an imbecile of EPIC proportions.

In all actuality - Rofo and Dofus have no clue that wives are amazing at working a room and corralling introductions...

Absolutely. His selfishness knows no bounds.

Adam Vaughn had it spot on this week. He said people don't take pictures of a plane landing. They take pictures of a plane crash.

Yeah, Vaughan also said that Ford was drunk on his own noterity, and it was the first time he was drunk on something legal! lol

The video was posted during the time Friday that slipped into the abyss.
Here it is again:
[video=youtube;Qige9Ad0vDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qige9Ad0vDQ[/video]

And it's a dumb quote that only sounds clever on the surface, because far more people take pictures of planes landing than plane crashes.

I think it's amusing to be pictured with Ford, especially at a nightclub. It's like, "hey guys, look what I found!" Then again, I'm easily amused.

If I went to L.A. on a "Media Trip" during the Oscars and DIDN'T bring my wife then for sure I'd be sleeping on the couch for a long while.

The wives didn't miss much. The guys ( from what I understand ), got nowhere near the Oscars, and I doubt Mrs. R. Ford would have enjoyed being part of the studio audience during the Kimmel show.

Can you imagine the face palm if Jimmy turned the spotlight on her?

I think he did her a favour by leaving her home and taking Randy and the guys instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back