374     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 493     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of Ford supporters who attack me on Twitter, there's a seriously weird overlap with Beliebers.

I think a better comparison for Vaughan would have been that people don't take pictures of strangers driving safely, but they'll slow down and gawk if there's been a collision.

So.... He drank Vodka and took a drive with his kids?

Unfortunately, your parents friends wife IS liable.

And this was recently?

Well she said he drank vodka and drove himself off. Doesn't want to be held liable if something happened on the way home. It was a Wed in Feb

Does Diane Ford want nothing to do with Rob's children? Is there some valid reason why a grandparent would refuse to offer safety to their grandkids, let alone a parent take them their first?

Reading this makes that family more in need of help than I previously thought, and that's something.

Thanks for that video newearthling. I had been searching for it but couldn't find it.

What do you think Vaughan means when he says to the reporters (1:05) about people getting their picture taken with Rob?
"You've got a limited time offer he's only around for two more months".
I assume he meant because they will be off for the summer but kind of hoping he knows something that we don't know.

Last edited:
Thanks for that video newearthling. I had been searching for it but couldn't find it.

What do you think Vaughan means when he says to the reporters (1:05) about people getting their picture taken with Rob?
"You've got a limited time offer he's only around for two more months".
I assume he meant because they will be off for the summer but kind of hoping he knows something that we don't know.

Just re-watched the video - Vaughan said "a few more months" not "two more months".

Vaughan is a different kind of person. I don't believe he is a glory seeker - he's more like his late father - somebody who just takes immense pride in things being done properly. I think people misunderstand him a lot because they just don't relate to this kind of self-less disposition.

I don't like Vaughan because while he is intelligent and has his amusing snarky comments (which I love), he votes with his gut. Without all the racism and homophobia and criminality, on council he is just like Rob except he bats for our team. He doesn't give a crap about admitting he doesn't know something, he doesn't want studies about anything, he speaks for and votes for a) whatever will endear him to his constituents and b) whatever the "right" doesn't like.

I appreciate his candor and agree with him on some things but he's just another damn self-serving politician at the end of it all.

If you ask me who I like on council, I'd have to say Wong-Tam. Vaughan is sleazy though.

So I'm wondering what this new search warrant is about. Goldsbie questioned whether it could be the "big one" (a search of Ford's house and/or office). I'm doubting it's that. Wouldn't we have been tipped off if a search had occurred? Maybe the new warrant is for his phone? A few weeks ago he was willing to give up his phone to the police but then changed his tactic by saying he wanted a search warrant first. What are the other options? A search of Lisi's basement?

Does Ford have an iPhone? Could be another iCloud warrant.

The only thing I'm sure about, re: Ford and phones, is that when he lost his last April, one of his staffers bought him a Blackberry to replace it. I feel like iPhone wouldn't really be his style.

I'm hoping that Beyers resigning and Amin taking a leave of absence is because something big is happening, but is it possible they're doing this only so that they can work on Ford's campaign? It seems like the kind of move they would do.

I don't like Vaughan because while he is intelligent and has his amusing snarky comments (which I love), he votes with his gut. Without all the racism and homophobia and criminality, on council he is just like Rob except he bats for our team. He doesn't give a crap about admitting he doesn't know something, he doesn't want studies about anything, he speaks for and votes for a) whatever will endear him to his constituents and b) whatever the "right" doesn't like.

I appreciate his candor and agree with him on some things but he's just another damn self-serving politician at the end of it all.

If you ask me who I like on council, I'd have to say Wong-Tam. Vaughan is sleazy though.

I'd have to disagree with you here.
background: I like Vaughan to a certain extent... not a huge fan, but I respect him.
I don't think Vaughan votes "not right" all the time at all. In fact, I'd say he's a centrist who leans right on quite a few issues. He's a hard working councillor who does A LOT of background homework on the issues he's presented with and makes reasoned judgements that balance his own views/values and those of his riding.
This is just the sort of thing that is needed on council.

I will agree with you about KWT (and I'd add Perks) - I think they have the same qualities described above (and, bonus, I agree with them politically more often than not!).
I'm still coming around to Matlow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back