196     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 603     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 973     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
LI MIKE..It has been a long and winding path for The Toronto Sun and its gradual stepping away from flag carrying for R Ford...I first noticed and commented on their boards back August of 2012 of their apparent distancing from R Ford...starting with Peat then Yuen and on down the line even SAL was wavering when she went to QP

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 9m
Daylight Saving Time starts this evening, turn your clocks back and change batteries in smoke alarms.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m
Clocks go forward. "@TOMayorFord: Daylight Saving Time starts this evening, turn your clocks back and change batteries in smoke alarms.”

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 16s
Don't listen to Mayor Rob Ford's Twitter account: Spring your clocks forward an hour tonight, don't fall back #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/Xz9n7rVxyG

rolls.gif

Smoke detectors and CO detectors have a life span of about 10 years. Also, cobwebs could obstruct the vent holes in any detectors.

Replace the detectors every 10 years. Mark the expected change date (10 years from buying) on the detectors with a permanent marker.

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 9m
Daylight Saving Time starts this evening, turn your clocks back and change batteries in smoke alarms.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m
Clocks go forward. "@TOMayorFord: Daylight Saving Time starts this evening, turn your clocks back and change batteries in smoke alarms.â€

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 16s
Don't listen to Mayor Rob Ford's Twitter account: Spring your clocks forward an hour tonight, don't fall back #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/Xz9n7rVxyG

rolls.gif

I wonder if Ford has been doing this wrong for a few years now - it would explain why he shows up for work after noon all the time.

I wonder if Ford has been doing this wrong for a few years now - it would explain why he shows up for work after noon all the time.

As usual, Ford doesn't understand "savings". I expect we'll soon learn that his time as mayor has actually cost the city a billion dollars.

Looks like I ended up in a drunken stupor this morning.

One moment, it was 1:59 AM. The next minute it was 3:00 AM. I lost an hour!!!

Have to phone home...

;)

V: I learned over the past year that the right-leaning Toronto Sun had been stalwart supporters of Rob Ford and did
continue to for the most part defend him in light of the serious allegations against him...This opinion tells me that even
some staunch supporters are no longer going to support his re-election campaign full well knowing how potentially bad
a Ford re-election could be for the City of Toronto and a clear majority of its citizens want to move on and support a
new Mayor in the coming October 2014 election...I feel that this candidate should be strong enough to win a clear no-
contest majority especially in the event that RF still is on the ballot depending on how a criminal case against him can
result in a conviction that would demand his removal from office...

The last 12 months have been bad enough for Toronto dealing with this scandal but four more years of RF could be a disaster
in the making...

LI MIKE

I think you give to much credit to the Sun, mostly because it may be a "newspaper" but it is just a "vanguard" for the fundamental conservative platform.

Ford is an embarrassment to the partisan ends.

Ford should go to jail, but the real end will be when he looses the Ford Cult vote.

V: I learned over the past year that the right-leaning Toronto Sun had been stalwart supporters of Rob Ford and did
continue to for the most part defend him in light of the serious allegations against him...This opinion tells me that even
some staunch supporters are no longer going to support his re-election campaign full well knowing how potentially bad
a Ford re-election could be for the City of Toronto and a clear majority of its citizens want to move on and support a
new Mayor in the coming October 2014 election...I feel that this candidate should be strong enough to win a clear no-
contest majority especially in the event that RF still is on the ballot depending on how a criminal case against him can
result in a conviction that would demand his removal from office...

The last 12 months have been bad enough for Toronto dealing with this scandal but four more years of RF could be a disaster
in the making...

LI MIKE
While it's good the Sun is giving him pointed and overdue criticism, it's only March. It matters close to the election much more than now. Unless...they see him as a dead man walking and are trying to disassociate themselves from the debacle and jump on the Tory bandwagon.

... Unless...they see him as a dead man walking and are trying to disassociate themselves from the debacle and jump on the Tory bandwagon.

I think the Sun is toying with the idea of backing Karen Stintz. They were giving her a fair amount of ink a few weeks back. She's a solid conservative and is so far the candidate who seems closest to Ford-ism (sans the crazy). We'll see how it plays out as her campaign develops, but I think she's got the Sun's attention (for now at least. I think KS's campaign has been a total amateur hour so far).

I'll believe it once they get rid of Joe Warmington
Given his limited production of late, especially on anything non-ford related, I'm wondering if he's still a salaried staff writer, or if he's a freelance now. What with the radio show, he's certainly not an exclusive. And lately he just shows up whenever ford does something stupid. Of course, most of the time that's a full-time gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back