265     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 685     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wise man once said to me: Never trust a man wearing a business suit and tie after ten pm. He's definitely not where he should be and is up to no good.

I'll drink to that.

barney2.jpg

Attachments

• barney2.jpg
    barney2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 451
I think the Sun is toying with the idea of backing Karen Stintz. They were giving her a fair amount of ink a few weeks back. She's a solid conservative and is so far the candidate who seems closest to Ford-ism (sans the crazy). We'll see how it plays out as her campaign develops, but I think she's got the Sun's attention (for now at least. I think KS's campaign has been a total amateur hour so far).
Stintz is dead in the water. She has no profile, no money and no charisma to spark interest. She's running to raise her profile and maybe influence debate. She'll drop out by the summer and run for council again.

As usual, Ford doesn't understand "savings". I expect we'll soon learn that his time as mayor has actually cost the city a billion dollars.

His cancellation of Transit City and the Scarborugh LRT are adding up to the $150M mark alone.

Tom Beyer just posted on a friend's Facebook page in response to her "goodbye" and others' speculation as to his reasons for leaving Ford:
It was a pleasure dealing with you [friend's name]and all from the queer community at City Hall. We are all one people, living in one of the best cities of the world! btw this Project Traveller stuff has nothing to do with me, and my resignation has nothing to do with this ongoing investigation. Peace and love all.

Tom Beyer just posted on a friend's Facebook page in response to her "goodbye" and others' speculation as to his reasons for leaving Ford:

This man was responsible for Ford's social media (i.e FB, Twitter). Funny how he resigns and Ford's twitter account eff's up the time change. Telling that in Goldsbie's report he basically says quitting Ford's office was "doctor's orders". High stress.

I'm fairly new to the thread and am doing a thorough read of the Brazen ITO for the first time... have we talked before about Lisi's practice of hiding drugs inside fake canned drinks? I thought that must have been what the cans Lisi was seen with were when he was around Ford, but I didn't realize the ITO confirmed this was a thing he did.

lisi.JPG

Maybe this explains what "having a couple o' pops in the basement" really means...

Attachments

• lisi.JPG
    lisi.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
This man was responsible for Ford's social media (i.e FB, Twitter). Funny how he resigns and Ford's twitter account eff's up the time change. Telling that in Goldsbie's report he basically says quitting Ford's office was "doctor's orders". High stress.
High stress? No kidding.

As someone who has read the ITO from start to finish, I find it hard to believe his resignation has "nothing to do with the ongoing investigation." Project Traveller may have "nothing to do with [him]" but Project Brazen2 sure does.

What I don't understand is this: Why are all these people so excited to be seen in pictures with Rob Ford? It's been going on for a while now and I never could wrap my head around it - are they all just intoxicated by other people with a certain level of fame?

I would say that people love being in the company of a 'celebrity' they do not care if the person's fame is due to good or bad attributes. It's a bit like how people gather around road accidents (an appropriate thought with the Fords!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back