214     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 624     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 986     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone saw me. Doug was obviously inside the restaurant while I was out there (since I saw him come out only after I'd finished & got into my car). However I don't know where the woman and younger guy came from, or if they noticed what I was doing beforehand.

Just did some looking up, the family that owns the restaurant now owns the entire plaza. They are who the Fords are renting from.
I was thinking of going to the restaurant for breakfast tomorrow (love me some all-day breakfast :p) but you're right: those prices are too much for a greasy spoon. I may go back though to have a peek. But if I do, I will park farther away and walk. I don't want them writing down my licence plate.

Be careful. You don't know where or what the search warrant is for.

Wow, what a brave Kat! Thanks for taking one for the UT team. Next time, don't forget your fake nose/mustache glasses, just in case.... ;)

Just did some looking up, the family that owns the restaurant now owns the entire plaza. They are who the Fords are renting from....

yep, I thought the place had a "Ford Nation" feel about it, and I was right :rolleyes:
From Nov. 2013:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...-behaviour-dont-faze-mayors-loyal-supporters/
The third generation of the Kiriakou family runs the Wexford Restaurant their grandfather opened in 1958 on Lawrence Avenue East.
Photos on the fake-wood paneled walls depict hockey players Frank Mahovlich, Darryl Sittler and George Armstrong. Taped to a pillar near the cash register is a snapshot of another local hero: Mayor Rob Ford, at the Wexford, holding a paper cup of coffee.

The photo dates from 2010, when the Ford campaign set up its Scarborough office across from here. Today, despite incriminating videos, admissions of crack use and drunkenness, boorish behaviour at city council, and a persistent refusal to speak to the police, Rob Ford retains fans at the Wexford.

“Don’t you think that the average blue-collar worker feels that they have no voice?†asks George Kiriakou. “I like his approach to fiscal responsibility.â€

George Kirakou is no blue-collar worker; his father Tony owns 20 shopping plazas in Scarborough, including this one.

You shouldn't be afraid to take pictures if you want :/ These guys are used to media. Who knows, maybe you'll see a FordBro with someone who later gets arrested and your timestamped photograph could be worth something.

Markham station is quite a bit better and my favourite Scarborough greasy breakfast joint.

Bonus points for being 24 hours.

I read that article. The comments are pretty funny. Like this one in response to "BeaverTails" (a stubborn Ford supporter).

BeaverTails NotAnHeir • 44 minutes ago

Mayor Ford did exactly what he promised : He contracted out garbage in District 2, tackled the city's debt and brought in two affordable deals with CUPE without any strikes. Rob is one of those rare politicians that is honest and actually did 90% what he said he would do when he got elected into office. His slogan was “stop the gravy train” in city hall

He IS the gravy train, moron.

We absolutely must parlay that into a catchy election slogan. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back