219     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 630     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 990     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some errands to run in the east end today so I decided to swing by the plaza listed on the 'Ford for mayor' website (2082 Lawrence E). I drove into the plaza, parked and started walking around. I noticed that a variety store/smoke shop was at 2082, but right next to it was an empty store with white paper in the windows. Seemed like the lights were on, but couldn't see anyone inside, but thought I saw a coat hanging off a chair. I took a photo, and went back to my car. It was 3:30 pm. I somehow failed to notice the black SUV parked in front.
xsmilies_facepalm.png.pagespeed.ic.Je5ejQxckY.png
:eek:

Then, once in my car, I see Doug Ford come out of the Wexford Restaurant there!!! :eek: He's talking on his phone and he heads towards the office. I squeeze my car thru other parked cars and drive past. He is taking something out of the back of his car. Standing nearby there's a woman about his age there with curly, chin-length blond hair, and a younger guy, very skinny, shaved head, black CG jacket. (I also notice the black SUV is Doug's, the Lincoln; no sign of Rob or his car.)

I couldn't bring myself to take a photo of them with them noticing me. Forgive me, I've led a sheltered life, nearly shit a brick when I saw Doug! These people are part of a crime family! :p

I went to Cedarbrae Mall to buy what I set out for. On my way back I swung into the plaza again (4:15 pm). No sign of Doug's car in the same spot or any other spot in the plaza. Didn't look like anyone was inside the rented space.

This is the next level for the UT forums - round-the-clock firsthand surveillance. If we go in shifts, we can… oh, people have lives? Shit.

Norm *was* a Liberal back in the 80s as a one-term MP. He's since changed his tune, and according to Matt Elliot's Council Scorecards voted with Ford more than 90% of the time since 2010 but far be it from Ford Nation to recognize this.

He's a right-leaning "Scarborough Liberal", a la the Karygiannis/Cannis/Lee/McKay/Wappel bloc that Scarberia returned to Parliament in the 90s and 00s (though Wappel's a little off-grid even relative to them).

And remember that Peter Milczyn's also in the Kellyish Ford-support end, yet he was the Provincial Liberal byelection candidate vs Doug Holyday last year.

I had some errands to run in the east end today so I decided to swing by the plaza listed on the 'Ford for mayor' website (2082 Lawrence E). I drove into the plaza, parked and started walking around. I noticed that a variety store/smoke shop was at 2082, but right next to it was an empty store with white paper in the windows. Seemed like the lights were on, but couldn't see anyone inside, but thought I saw a coat hanging off a chair. I took a photo, and went back to my car. It was 3:30 pm. I somehow failed to notice the black SUV parked in front.

Then, once in my car, I see Doug Ford come out of the Wexford Restaurant there!!! :eek: He's talking on his phone and he heads towards the office. I squeeze my car thru other parked cars and drive past. He is taking something out of the back of his car. Standing nearby there's a woman about his age there with curly, chin-length blond hair, and a younger guy, very skinny, shaved head, black CG jacket. (I also notice the black SUV is Doug's, the Lincoln; no sign of Rob or his car.)

I couldn't bring myself to take a photo of them with them noticing me. Forgive me, I've led a sheltered life, nearly shit a brick when I saw Doug! These people are part of a crime family! :p

I went to Cedarbrae Mall to buy what I set out for. On my way back I swung into the plaza again (4:15 pm). No sign of Doug's car in the same spot or any other spot in the plaza. Didn't look like anyone was inside the rented space.

LOL, Kat, I would have done exactly the same! Do you think the person in the SUV saw you take the pic?

Why do I get the feeling that when charges are finally laid, they'll either be disappointing compared to what we were expecting...or dwarf even the most grandiose predictions? Nothing in between.

Or even if "disappointing" in and of themselves, triggering a chain reaction that'll dwarf even the most grandiose predictions (i.e. it ain't just the charges, it's the reaction--the slightest poke toppling the Ford house of cards, etc)

The mutiny is complete? That or he got a much better/lower profile gig.

Anything would be better than having to portray the very clueless, tone-deaf "TO Mayor Ford" on Twitter. From the article: "Tom Beyer, the mayor's longtime receptionist and social media manager"

Next to the smoke shop was a video store in the 80's & 90's, Wexford Restaurant is arguably the best quasi-greasy spoon in the city and it's been there since Wexford mall was built in the 1950's. I'm creeped out - perhaps saddened, that my former neighbourhood mall is now going to have a RoFo campaign office.

These days, unfortunately, you pay a premium for the quasi-greasy-spoonness. Fresh orange juice and all, the Wex is coasting (though the Doug Fords can certainly afford it).

Still "authentic" is Ted's in Highland Creek Village at the other end of Scarborough. (Which, a year or two ago, had the rare "restaurant makeover" that worked, i.e. by knowing what to freshen up and what to leave well enough alone, etc)

Next to the smoke shop was a video store in the 80's & 90's, Wexford Restaurant is arguably the best quasi-greasy spoon in the city and it's been there since Wexford mall was built in the 1950's. I'm creeped out - perhaps saddened, that my former neighbourhood mall is now going to have a RoFo campaign office.

I was at the Wexford the other day. Good grief, their fries are terrible.

Anyway, that's the storefront I saw. I didn't have time to look around at all, though, since I was there with others and we had limited time.

These days, unfortunately, you pay a premium for the quasi-greasy-spoonness. Fresh orange juice and all, the Wex is coasting (though the Doug Fords can certainly afford it).

Still "authentic" is Ted's in Highland Creek Village at the other end of Scarborough. (Which, a year or two ago, had the rare "restaurant makeover" that worked, i.e. by knowing what to freshen up and what to leave well enough alone, etc)

I go for breakfast once a week at Ted's, it looks the same as it did 45 years ago. They use it for movies and tv series, in fact they're filming another series next week, so I have to change up my breakfast date. Glad Rob is sticking to the Wexford.

Close Encounters of the Ford Kind :)

I go for breakfast once a week at Ted's, it looks the same as it did 45 years ago. They use it for movies and tv series, in fact they're filming another series next week, so I have to change up my breakfast date. Glad Rob is sticking to the Wexford.

I haven't been in there in probably 10 or 12 years, but their breakfast and their western sandwiches were always tops as far back as my childhood memory spans. I proudly posted this on FB last year when BlogTO did a piece on it. To know that Ford will be defiling this place, just makes me feel like my old stomping ground is being invaded.

LOL, Kat, I would have done exactly the same! Do you think the person in the SUV saw you take the pic?
I don't know if anyone saw me. Doug was obviously inside the restaurant while I was out there (since I saw him come out only after I'd finished & got into my car). However I don't know where the woman and younger guy came from, or if they noticed what I was doing beforehand.

Just did some looking up, the family that owns the restaurant now owns the entire plaza. They are who the Fords are renting from.
I was thinking of going to the restaurant for breakfast tomorrow (love me some all-day breakfast :p) but you're right: those prices are too much for a greasy spoon. I may go back though to have a peek. But if I do, I will park farther away and walk. I don't want them writing down my licence plate.

Don't worry, they won't write it down. If Rob is around, he'll have his driver take a picture on his phone :)

I may go back though to have a peek. But if I do, I will park farther away and walk. I don't want them writing down my licence plate.
If they see you and capture you and take you to the basement of the campaign office and tie you to a chair just tell them you're not from The Star and they'll let you go.

I haven't been in there in probably 10 or 12 years, but their breakfast and their western sandwiches were always tops as far back as my childhood memory spans. I proudly posted this on FB last year when BlogTO did a piece on it. To know that Ford will be defiling this place, just makes me feel like my old stomping ground is being invaded.
Lessee here

$14 + HST for diner bacon and eggs and it probably doesn't include coffee.

That's a ripoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back