396     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 872     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I know it's off topic but...this part of the world had an ancient culture that had existed for thousands of years. Colombus didn't discover shit.

Well, no----but most of us non-indigenous people wouldn't be here without him, I think is the relevant detail. North American civilization as we know it wouldn't exist without European settlers. Rob Ford wouldn't exist, for instance. He said, cleverly bringing it back on topic.

Also, I know it's off topic but...this part of the world had an ancient culture that had existed for thousands of years. Colombus didn't discover shit.

And that's exactly the point. Columbus wasn't the first, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he's the guy who changed the course of world history.

Gawker is Ford's Columbus.

And that's exactly the point. Columbus wasn't the first, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he's the guy who changed the course of world history.

Gawker is Ford's Columbus.

China was the per-eminent naval power until 1433, when it started looking inward. After that, the European powers grew in strength. If China had continued look outward, they may have looked northward and eastward across the Pacific to the lands across ocean, but didn't.

Why do I get the feeling that when charges are finally laid, they'll either be disappointing compared to what we were expecting...or dwarf even the most grandiose predictions? Nothing in between.

As I'm reading through the Brazen ITO, those certainly seem like the only possibilities. There's either a lot of information the police have that's not included in here or it'll be a conspiracy to extort, threats of bodily harm, etc type charge for the things that were happening in May after the video hit.

That said, it's pretty bad that it would be a surprise if the only criminal activity the mayor of Toronto was charged for was sanctioning threats from the mayor's office to cover up a political scandal. Shows how low we've sunk.

Was this the article?
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...d-anti-drug-crusader-and-ex-police-informant/
How boxing great George Chuvalo and Jimmy Hoffa’s ex-driver dined with Rob Ford (and pledged their support)
Mr. Elkind, was a driver for crooked U.S. Teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa in the 1950s and then drove Montreal Mafia boss Vic Cotroni. He continued working with mobsters, fraudsters and conmen until he was caught up in a scandal that pushed him into the hands of police.

He then became a prolific police informant, working for 30 years as an undercover operative, documented in a recent book.
Lisi = Elkind ?

I think an more apt headline would have been "Rob Ford has lunch with legitimate businessmen".

I got word that Tom Beyer, one of Ford's staffers, has resigned. Is this a one-off or could his people be getting nervous about something?

I got word that Tom Beyer, one of Ford's staffers, has resigned. Is this a one-off or could his people be getting nervous about something?

He says he quits for 'personal reasons', wishes Ford no ill. This might be notable:

beyers.JPG

Attachments

• beyers.JPG
    beyers.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 536
I had some errands to run in the east end today so I decided to swing by the plaza listed on the 'Ford for mayor' website (2082 Lawrence E). I drove into the plaza, parked and started walking around. I noticed that a variety store/smoke shop was at 2082, but right next to it was an empty store with white paper in the windows. Seemed like the lights were on, but couldn't see anyone inside, but thought I saw a coat hanging off a chair. I took a photo, and went back to my car. It was 3:30 pm. I somehow failed to notice the black SUV parked in front.
xsmilies_facepalm.png.pagespeed.ic.Je5ejQxckY.png
:eek:

Then, once in my car, I see Doug Ford come out of the Wexford Restaurant there!!! :eek: He's talking on his phone and he heads towards the office. I squeeze my car thru other parked cars and drive past. He is taking something out of the back of his car. Standing nearby there's a woman about his age there with curly, chin-length blond hair, and a younger guy, very skinny, shaved head, black CG jacket. (I also notice the black SUV is Doug's, the Lincoln; no sign of Rob or his car.)

I couldn't bring myself to take a photo of them with them noticing me. Forgive me, I've led a sheltered life, nearly shit a brick when I saw Doug! These people are part of a crime family! :p

I went to Cedarbrae Mall to buy what I set out for. On my way back I swung into the plaza again (4:15 pm). No sign of Doug's car in the same spot or any other spot in the plaza. Didn't look like anyone was inside the rented space.

I had some errands to run in the east end today so I decided to swing by the plaza listed on the 'Ford for mayor' website (2082 Lawrence E). I drove into the plaza, parked and started walking around. I noticed that a variety store/smoke shop was at 2082, but right next to it was an empty store with white paper in the windows. Seemed like the lights were on, but couldn't see anyone inside, but thought I saw a coat hanging off a chair. I took a photo, and went back to my car. It was 3:30 pm. I somehow failed to notice the black SUV parked in front.
xsmilies_facepalm.png.pagespeed.ic.Je5ejQxckY.png
:eek:

Then, once in my car, I see Doug Ford come out of the Wexford Restaurant there!!! :eek: He's talking on his phone and he heads towards the office. I squeeze my car thru other parked cars and drive past. He is taking something out of the back of his car. Standing nearby there's a woman about his age there with curly, chin-length blond hair, and a younger guy, very skinny, shaved head, black CG jacket. (I also notice the black SUV is Doug's, the Lincoln; no sign of Rob or his car.)

I couldn't bring myself to take a photo of them with them noticing me. Forgive me, I've led a sheltered life, nearly shit a brick when I saw Doug! These people are part of a crime family! :p

I went to Cedarbrae Mall to buy what I set out for. On my way back I swung into the plaza again (4:15 pm). No sign of Doug's car in the same spot or any other spot in the plaza. Didn't look like anyone was inside the rented space.

Next to the smoke shop was a video store in the 80's & 90's, Wexford Restaurant is arguably the best quasi-greasy spoon in the city and it's been there since Wexford mall was built in the 1950's. I'm creeped out - perhaps saddened, that my former neighbourhood mall is now going to have a RoFo campaign office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back