News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 540     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;56QjlTDK1Zg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56QjlTDK1Zg[/video]

So he left Giorgio Mammoliti off of his protected 5 bwahahahaha.

I also love it when RoFo leans into the camera and the shot goes out of focus - almost like the camera is anticipating his nose to start growing. I guess no trained cameraman there eh?

The only consolation I take from these videos is that most of the hits they're getting are people like us, who can't believe it.

I mean, you can take these guys apart in an actual debate in 5 seconds, which is why they're doing it this way.

Hey Doug, if the private sector is so willing to fund subways, where were they on Scarborough? Why did the development community walk out on you? Why did Karen Stintz say that as soon as you said that, that's when she knew you were off your rocker?

Hey Doug, who is opposed to P3s, exactly? Are you unaware that every project of that size in Ontario HAS to go through an Infrastructure Ontario P3 review?

The worst, IMHO, is watching Rob slam John Tory for approving a raise for MPPs at Queen's Park. Because giving his own staffers $5K each for "loyalty" is totally justifiable. It's almost funny that he's so stupid he doesn't realize he's being hypocritical.

So he left Giorgio Mammoliti off of his protected 5 bwahahahaha.

I also love it when RoFo leans into the camera and the shot goes out of focus - almost like the camera is anticipating his nose to start growing. I guess no trained cameraman there eh?

I can't stomach watching those. Can you elaborate on the 'protected 5'?

Fakkin' 'ell, there is no way I'm watching all of that. Someone summarize and link the funny parts, please, I know y'all are gonna watch it anyway.

Fakkin' 'ell, there is no way I'm watching all of that. Someone summarize and link the funny parts, please, I know y'all are gonna watch it anyway.
Wait a bit. There'll be a recap on Torontoist. I can't watch the originals because I might cause harm to my computer screen. I'm not a normally violent person, but RoFo's face is just so punchable.

Not sure who the protected 5 are, but his top "Ten" (yes, according to Daniel Dale, he said 'ten') to boot out of council are Perks, Davis, Vaughan, Mihevc, Doucette, Carroll, De Baeremaeker, Layton, Wong-Tam, Ainslie, Matlow, McMahon, Lee, Chow, Fletcher, Filion, Augimeri, Lindsay-Luby.

Wait a bit. There'll be a recap on Torontoist. I can't watch the originals because I might cause harm to my computer screen. I'm not a normally violent person, but RoFo's face is just so punchable.

Not sure who the protected 5 are, but his top "Ten" (yes, according to Daniel Dale, he said 'ten') to boot out of council are Perks, Davis, Vaughan, Mihevc, Doucette, Carroll, De Baeremaeker, Layton, Wong-Tam, Ainslie, Matlow, McMahon, Lee, Chow, Fletcher, Filion, Augimeri, Lindsay-Luby.

Apparently his 10 was actually 18 or 19 (depending on who's counting). Ford Math at it's best.

But those people were democratically elected by taxpayers. Why would he want to kick them out of council against the wishes of their constituents?

It's Ford Math, folks. 18 is the new 10.

Rob Ford: Janus-faced mayor for a Janus-faced city

Screen_shot_2014-01-21_at_6.35.06_PM.jpg

http://www.thenewspaper.ca/files/5713/9034/7458/Screen_shot_2014-01-21_at_6.35.06_PM.png

http://www.thenewspaper.ca/the-opinion/rob-ford-immigration-poverty-and-the-suburbs/

Attachments

• Screen_shot_2014-01-21_at_6.35.06_PM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2014-01-21_at_6.35.06_PM.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 502
Ontario politicians agree to raise rainbow flag at Queen's Park

From this link:

Mayor Rob Ford may want to take down the rainbow flag at Toronto City Hall, but just up the street provincial politicians are ready to raise the flag at the Ontario legislature for the remainder of the Olympic Games.

The rainbow flag -- a long-standing symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights and pride -- has been raised at various city halls and municipal buildings across Canada in a sign of solidarity after Russia passed an anti-gay law.

Mayor Ford said last week that he wanted the flag taken down because the Olympics "is not about someone's sexual preference."

But at Queen's Park, party house leaders for the Liberals, Progressive Conservatives and New Democrats have agreed to ask the Speaker for permission to raise the rainbow flag at the legislature.

Premier Kathleen Wynne says Ontario's strength is its multicultural society, and the Olympics are an opportunity "to demonstrate our tolerance, diversity and respect human rights on an international stage."

Wynne's office says she does not support intolerance of any group regardless of their faith or identity, and she rejects the Russian government's discriminatory laws.

The Ontario legislature isn't sitting right now, so it may take another couple of days for officials to get everything in place before the rainbow flag is raised at Queen's Park.

Got thinking about that string of fires in KingWest restaurants last fall when I read in today's paper about a mysterious explosion/fire in an Etobicoke jewelrystore/instant loan office. I googled the address - 1536 Dundas West -- and see that the business is listed for sale. I'm wondering who owns the building and if there's any connection to the "usual suspects."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back