1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 551     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something very strange going on between Peruzza and Ford. Dirt on each other? Share a couple backroom friendships? Peruzza's shift, especially as Ford was being abandoned by others, makes no sense.

Seems to me that Peruzza is relatively harmless...he likes the limelight and grandstanding however is not profound nor insightful...even the left of council considered him a lightweight...its useful to have his vote....He seems to be one of that cadre of Councillors who is continually admonished by the Speaker and her Deputy "to ask questions of clarifaction of motions not to pontificate" and "not to repeat questions that have already been asked several times by other Councillors"....
Guess what you need a Councillor that is profound and insightful to represent the Ward Peruzza does....there are many things holding that Ward back and it requires a good Urban Activist whether they be conservative or progressive to lead it out of the doldrums

Seems to me that Peruzza is relatively harmless...he likes the limelight and grandstanding however is not profound nor insightful...even the left of council considered him a lightweight...its useful to have his vote....He seems to be one of that cadre of Councillors who is continually admonished by the Speaker and her Deputy "to ask questions of clarifaction of motions not to pontificate" and "not to repeat questions that have already been asked several times by other Councillors"....
Guess what you need a Councillor that is profound and insightful to represent the Ward Peruzza does....there are many things holding that Ward back and it requires a good Urban Activist whether they be conservative or progressive to lead it out of the doldrums

His "harmlessness" is enhanced by the fact that he succeeded in removing Peter Li Preti from office. I'll take "less bad" over "more bad" any day. Not that it should be a binary choice. It's just that in practice, it is.

Proud to see "my" Councillor made the Mayor's sh!t list! :)
Oops, I misspoke. Mark Grimes isn't on the list of 17 Ford wants to see gone. But, he isn't on the list of favourites, either. So, I guess Grimes is teetering on the edge of shit. (edit: So it seems Ford wants all but his favourite 5 or whatever gone.)

Last edited:
His "harmlessness" is enhanced by the fact that he succeeded in removing Peter Li Preti from office. I'll take "less bad" over "more bad" any day. Not that it should be a binary choice. It's just that in practice, it is.
You'd think with York U and Jane/Finch being an essential part of the Ward a firebrand would emerge to offer sound representation. Oh, and I agree AP is brings more to the table than PLP, it just that Ward 8 needs more than a "caretaker" it needs a "doer"

Global's Toronto studios (CIII-TV) is still in Don Mills north of the Science Centre, though they do have a Yorkville presence; the same with CTV's CFTO-TV still based north of Scarborough Town Centre and having a presence on Queen Street.

City and OMNI have studios overlooking Dundas Square.

They're headquartered in the burbs sure, but by using "presence" in regards to Global & CTV you make it sound like they simply have a local office there. I walk by the Global Bloor studio *every single day* and I can personally tell you they've moved a lot of their local/current affairs programming to Bloor. I often see my wife walk to work in the background of the Morning Show. Aside from that, they shoot News at Noon, Focus Ontario and some special programming there too. While CTV still does most of their stuff in Agincourt, they still do use former CITY/MuchMusic studios for things like ETalk Daily, etc and lest we forget they keep CP24 news & crews there, who do crossover work with CTV proper.

Last edited:
You realize that 7 of 10 of R Ford's targets won their wards with true majorities and 3 of 5 R Ford favourites won theirs wards by 4% or less (Crisanti over S Hall, DeGiorgio over Dominelli and Peruzza over LoPreti)....R Ford might want to do a rethink on his targets to something more realistic say Moeser, Fletcher, Parker, Pasternak, Augimeri, GLL, Milczyn possibly Bailao, Fragedakis, Berardinetti and Robinson....

I am curious as to who'll run in Ward 2. With DoFo not running again, it leaves the field wide open. That is unless Doug's threat of getting Krista to run was legit. Even then, I don't see the sexist, racist crowd the Ford's hold so much sway with being that keen on a female candidate.

Wait a bit. There'll be a recap on Torontoist. I can't watch the originals because I might cause harm to my computer screen. I'm not a normally violent person, but RoFo's face is just so punchable.

Not sure who the protected 5 are, but his top "Ten" (yes, according to Daniel Dale, he said 'ten') to boot out of council are Perks, Davis, Vaughan, Mihevc, Doucette, Carroll, De Baeremaeker, Layton, Wong-Tam, Ainslie, Matlow, McMahon, Lee, Chow, Fletcher, Filion, Augimeri, Lindsay-Luby.

I wonder if failed "Ford Nation" candidate Gus Cusimano - and his lawyer, Lorne Honickman - are ready for 2014. If they were to beat Augimeri - it would have been last time around, when Ford was a major force, the first election after Sunrise Propane and before Gussy got busted for elections violations. It came close.

As for the rest of them - (do you mean Cho?) - good luck.

I am curious as to who'll run in Ward 2. With DoFo not running again, it leaves the field wide open. That is unless Doug's threat of getting Krista to run was legit. Even then, I don't see the sexist, racist crowd the Ford's hold so much sway with being that keen on a female candidate.
Supposedly the nephew Michael is being groomed to run....he has been present at Council meetings to watch and get acclimated....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back