396     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 504     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
but honestly, even by Dale's own account of events, there was in his response a certain whiff of Dr. Zachary Smith (of Lost in Space fame).
Did you see how aggressive Ford was in approaching Minnan-Wong (twice) on the floor of council? How would you think he'd act to someone he has cornered alone where no one can see him? Give Dale a break, he's been treated very unfairly here, and Ford is large and insane. Anyway, from the occasional skimming of his Twitter feed one should notice that Dale is a committed sports fan, of team sports like basketball and football, just like Ford and all his real men supporters.

Did you see how aggressive Ford was in approaching Minnan-Wong (twice) on the floor of council? How would you think he'd act to someone he has cornered alone where no one can see him? Give Dale a break, he's been treated very unfairly here, and Ford is large and insane. Anyway, from the occasional skimming of his Twitter feed one should notice that Dale is a committed sports fan, of team sports like basketball and football, just like Ford and all his real men supporters.

lol I didn't know that only straight people appreciated sports.

Yes, Worthington was a POS, and I hate Ford and love Dale...but honestly, even by Dale's own account of events, there was in his response a certain whiff of Dr. Zachary Smith (of Lost in Space fame).

Apologies to the younger readers who won't get that reference.

you're posting on a forum frequented by gay men....therefore, you must be gay as well. ;)

Exactly, minus the bit about sports and real men.
After seeing RoFo's behavior in Chamber in front of all of the councilors, media and the world, I'd be terrified of a one on one encounter with him whilst in his bad books.
He should be banned from returning to that room (so many grounds) and as such, booted from office due to lack of attendance.

Seems so logical to me. If several councilors spoke up about having fear for their safety, they would have to do something about it. SO MANY INSTANCES of him being a bully in there along with his bro.

PS How is that $1000 challenge to get Ford out of office coming?

Last edited:
Did you see how aggressive Ford was in approaching Minnan-Wong (twice) on the floor of council? How would you think he'd act to someone he has cornered alone where no one can see him?

If several councilors spoke up about having fear for their safety, they would have to do something about it. SO MANY INSTANCES of him being a bully in there along with his bro.

[video=youtube_share;yOi2wIUCTnA]http://youtu.be/yOi2wIUCTnA[/video]

@ 53 seconds: "He scares me."

Last edited:
I know it is a quip, but it is telling that he thinks snakes and weasels belong in the zoo.

Also that speaker should be embarrassed with how he handled that situation.

RoFo is DEVO

Last edited:
lol I didn't know that only straight people appreciated sports.
That's not the point I was making. People were making assumptions about someone we don't know based on some stereotyping about his physicality. Within that kind of stereotyping is the idea that sports fandom is a manly thing, a guy thing. If people here, or Ford supporters, are going to make those kind of assumptions based on those kind of judgments, then the appreciation of sports is a counter-argument within that sphere. It's something where people like the Fords should find common interest with him, share a beer. Not something to drag out further over a few pages really, discussing the relative masculinity of someone who has been slagged enough, so I hope I've made my point clear.

Note: you can place 'real men' within scarequotes if that makes the intention of what I wrote clearer.

Last edited:
Dr. Zachary Smith was not gay -- he was a scaredy cat, comically so. As I said, I'm a fan of Dale's. I meant no disrespect, certainly not in any "gay" way. And I think even Dale's got a sense of humour about the incident. Here's what he wrote in the original article in May 2012:

"Every time I tried to sidestep him to escape, he moved with me and yelled at me again to drop my phone. I became more frightened than I can remember; after two or three attempts to dart away, I threw my phone and my recorder down on the grass, yelled that he could take them, and ran."

I'm sorry, that paints a vivid picture for me, and it's a picture of slapstick hilarity.

I know it is a quip, but it is telling that he thinks snakes and weasels belong in the zoo.

Also that speaker should be embarrassed with how he handled that situation.

DoFo is DEVO

When was that video from? I've never seen it before but they are calling him 'councillor'. Is that Doug? It sounds more like Rob and the heading is "Rob Ford's Maturity". Can someone clarify?

When was that video from? I've never seen it before but they are calling him 'councillor'. Is that Doug? It sounds more like Rob and the heading is "Rob Ford's Maturity". Can someone clarify?

It is Rob Ford, from February 2003. He was mad because he returned late from lunch, only to learn he'd missed debating a motion to increase spending for the zoo. Rather than owning up to the fact his tardiness had a role in the lost opportunity, he was angry with Mammoliti for moving the motion in Ford's absence. Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ick-ford-quotes-are-ram-tough/article4108965/

Last edited:
One of my favourite moments of that maturity video is the reaction of the councillor (I'm thinking it's Holyday?) that is sitting directly in front of Ford when he stands up and yells. It's like a gun just went off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back