460     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 568     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1

These are the things that make me hate CP24:

- There is no other 24-hour local news channel for Toronto since the demise of the CityNews Channel
- Stephen LeDrew, a Ford apologist, despite being the former head of the federal Liberal Party (the organization, not on Parliament Hill)
- Weather and traffic reports every five minutes
- Advertising every other minute outside of commercial breaks (they sometimes appear on the news ticker, sometimes where the weather is, sometimes where the traffic is); sorry, but I will not drop $20k on a Dodge Caravan (I don't drive) or buy wine at the LCBO (I am teetotal)
- Annoying advertising (sorry, but I have no gold to sell to Russell Oliver the Cash Man, Harold the Jewellery Buyer, Oren, et al.; I am not wealthy)
- Air time for Rob Ford and his goons

It's the station that garages, banks and other waiting rooms play with no volume. Other wise, it's pretty much useless.

It's the station that garages, banks and other waiting rooms play with no volume. Other wise, it's pretty much useless.
That too. CP24 kept advertising that it is the most popular 24-hour local news channel in Toronto, which is true, given that there is no competition (it is also true that CP24 is the least popular extant 24-hour local news channel in Toronto).

It is shown in every restaurant, bar, waiting room, gym, bank, parking garages, elevators, whatnot as well.

The news tickers sometimes have basic grammatical errors even.

Why you guys so worried about Stephen LeDrew? He's not even a real person. Right?....right?......please tell me I'm right. :(

The bow tie would have done better on its own. A stint on 1010 with Michael Coren must have convinced him that he's a broadcaster/journalist. Being on CP24 probably makes casual viewers think he's a journalist since there are other hosts who are real journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back