236     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 362     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford says there will be four Ford Fests next year. Yep, you heard correctly. FOUR!

The previous FordFests have already been pushing the boundary of the campaigning you're allowed to do outside of the election cycle. I wonder if they'll be easier or harder to justify once Ford has officially signed up as a candidate (if he actually gets to do that, of course)...

That was my first thought that people would be ebaying these things if/when Ford implodes.

I would bet most of the people buying them did so for this reason.

Of course the brothers will spin this to look like the mayor has tons of support.

MM had said previously that Stintz was initially helping Chow with her campaign, so that's probably correct. If that's the case, I would expect very little mudslinging next year from anyone other than Ford.

A few months ago MM did say that Stintz was supposed to be the attack dog of the campaign. The one that would attack Ford on his scandals, lies etc... while Chow would focus on more productive discussions. So far that seems to be what is happening. Stintz has positioned herself as Ford sans scandals. That positioning wont win her any elections, but it will undermine Ford.

I would bet most of the people buying them did so for this reason.

Of course the brothers will spin this to look like the mayor has tons of support.

One reporter said that of the people who support Ford that he interviews, the majority are not from Toronto. That's pretty much par for the course. The people screaming online in support of Ford don't have to deal with him as Mayor.

The judge is watching the crack video for Khattak vs. the Crown at 2pm today.

Also keep in mind that Nordheimer could make a decision about the ITO at any point.

ParkdaleP:

Of course, it is always been about creating the aura of popularity and invincibility; the upbeat counter to the reality of substance use and general unhealthy living.

AoD

A few months ago MM did say that Stintz was supposed to be the attack dog of the campaign. The one that would attack Ford on his scandals, lies etc... while Chow would focus on more productive discussions. So far that seems to be what is happening. Stintz has positioned herself as Ford sans scandals. That positioning wont win her any elections, but it will undermine Ford.

isn't she just setting herself up to lose her job though?

to run for mayor, she CAN'T run for councillor, right? so if the expectation is that by being the "attack dog", she'll split the RoC vote and force Ford to lose, thereby allowing Chow to win... Stintz will also be out of a job... how can she be TTC commissioner if she's not a councillor?

isn't she just setting herself up to lose her job though?

to run for mayor, she CAN'T run for councillor, right? so if the expectation is that by being the "attack dog", she'll split the RoC vote and force Ford to lose, thereby allowing Chow to win... Stintz will also be out of a job... how can she be TTC commissioner if she's not a councillor?

She could drop out midway through and run for councillor. Mammoliti did that last time.

She could drop out midway through and run for councillor. Mammoliti did that last time.

That's probably what will happen.

We also have to consider that Stintz may be motivated by a genuine desire to see things get better in Toronto. I think the recognizes that:

1. Ford needs to go, regardless of who wins
2. She really doesn't stand a chance against Chow, Tory or maybe even Ford
3. Of all the candidates, Chow is the most likely to implement something similar to Stintz's OneCity vision

At this point Stintz is probably willing to "take one for the team" by losing the election, coming back as TTC chair with Chow by her side and making sure that OneCity becomes a reality. And maybe after Chow is done her term(s), Stintz will run again for the mayors office.

Just my two cents. Maybe I'm being a little idealistic :eek:

The judge is watching the crack video for Khattak vs. the Crown at 2pm today.

Also keep in mind that Nordheimer could make a decision about the ITO at any point.
From what I understand, the section of the Lisi ITO that could be released this week are the blacked out portions regarding the police interviews with former and current Ford staffers. The wiretap info will be settled at another time.

Here is the vid of that dude getting the Rob Ford tattoo...
RIDICULOUS!!!

[video=youtube;fTC3Rwg1m8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTC3Rwg1m8Y[/video]

Four Ford fests next year? Ye Gods, the man's nothing more than a rampant egomaniac. And the two scumbags hawking the bobble-head dolls and t-shirts at City Hall - as if they have nothing better to do - and all "for charity," of course. They're honestly going to try and just brazen it all out, aren't they? And events are so fluid, the opposition against them so scattered and disorganized, the Fords' support base so fanatical, that we can't say with 100% certainty that they're not going to get away with it. Good God, do I hope the police are going to nail Rofo with with even worse stuff at some point down the line...but hopefully not too much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back