567     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 579     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 279     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence the interest in Peepers, when he made the connect.

actually I believe Peepers saw the screenshot I posted that Goldsbie picked up. I posted it as a subtweet to whoever it was who made call as a way to show I still have lots of info left ; )

Now that RoFo is gone, they probably left early after an insane week. Check the local bars. :p

I wonder what happened/is going to happen with MetroMan's prediction last night that wiretaps would be released today, with Ford soliciting drugs from Lisi. There's also the Fifth Estate that's airing today, and The Star's Saturday paper which apparently has some new revelations.

I still don't understand what manuvsteele's alleged involvement is.

If you don't want to be considered a troll then explain in clear terms, not vague, cagey single line responses:

1) What you know
2) How you know it
3) Why you're revealing it

All caught up:

re: personal problems
I can't comment on personal problems that may or may not exist

re: ManuvSteele
It's you, not the story. And it's because of the way have behaved and treated people on twitter. When you constantly act like a troll, people are going to think you're a troll. Perhaps you should rethink the way you present yourself online if you want to be taken seriously.

re: ethnic minorities in Toronto
Have there been many ethnic minorities who have run for Mayor? You can't have an ethnic Mayor if no one runs.
That goes both ways tho, sure I can be an asshole, but usually just to people who start with me first. I can be nice or ruthless lol

re: ManuvSteele
It's you, not the story. And it's because of the way have behaved and treated people on twitter. When you constantly act like a troll, people are going to think you're a troll. Perhaps you should rethink the way you present yourself online if you want to be taken seriously.

Nothing much to add, since I agree with all of that.

On the other hand, since we're always over-analysing: if ManuvSteele wanted to troll this thread, why not come up with a new/throwaway ID and use that, rather than raise hackles by using the ManuvSteele name which enough people already associate with trolling...?

actually I believe Peepers saw the screenshot I posted that Goldsbie picked up. I posted it as a subtweet to whoever it was who made call as a way to show I still have lots of info left ; )

Actually the first time it crossed my mind that you could be involved was on October 31st. when Bill Blair dropped his bombshell. You flew out of Toronto on Porter that afternoon and returned around 9:00PM the same evening. Was this trip part of this saga?

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=783070#post783070

There's a lot I wish I could say right now, but it'll all come out. It's gonna be hard to give specifics right now, but they've had this story since July & ran past lawyers for months before publishing

The thing is, racist and homophobic comments are nothing new for him, and Ford Nation clearly has condoned (or tacitly endorsed) them in the past. (as Councillor Gord Perks noted in the letter that is circulating)

I really hope Chow is going to run, because I think this multicultural city desperately needs more non-white, non-British-descendent leadership (and non-male too). But I'm also worried about the amount of hatred that will be thrown at her. Sure, it will look like "anti-lefty" anger on the surface, but for many, the real motivation for spewing vitriol at her will be racial hatred.

I personally have nothing against Olivia Chow; I hope she does run, and I would/will vote for her.
But, I think if we're to put a "non-white", "non-male" in office for those reasons we're taking a SERIOUS step backward when it comes to equality.

Full disclosure, I'm a white male, so please take my opinion at face value.

Equality is not about righting the wrongs of the past by over-correcting. It's about not repeating the things that were wrong.
Equality and fairness are not a pendulum where you're more fair/equal to one group for a while then when they've had their fairness, you give it to someone else. It needs to be about making our decisions based on something other than race/gender/appearance.

Whenever I hear the "Get the Old White Men out of politics" lines It drives me insane. Replace the words "Old", "White" or "Man" with an alternative and you're immediately (and correctly) labelled a bigot. The fact that the present batch of Old White Men may be the wrong people for the job doesn't mean that another old white man might be exactly the right person. Using their age, race, or gender to judge their fitness for the job is exactly the bigoted attitude that led to the problems you're attempting to correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back