664     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 295     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrm. Renata? Divorce? CAS?

robyndoolittle ‏@robyndoolittle 2m
Mayor Ford leaves city hall saying he has a serious "personal issue." I can say he is telling the truth here.

robyndoolittle ‏@robyndoolittle 2m
It is a private family matter that has nothing to do with the mayor or his drug use.
Weren't the media originally told Ford wouldn't be at City Hall at all today because of a personal matter?

Oh, and the immature 12 year old in me loves that Doolittle wrote that second tweet the way she did

re: Family troubles

It may very well be real, but I am not inclined to let up pressure - sympathy due to legitimate reasons does not, and should not distract merciless attention for what are, and remains critical issues in his mayoralty.

AoD

It is hard to believe that Toronto had a Sunday shopping ban only as recently as a quarter century ago.

Toronto (especially the old city) went from being very conservative to being very liberal in a span of a few decades.

My Irish mom said that same thing. My parents moved to Toronto from Ireland in the 60s. My mom said at that time Toronto was very 'scotch', meaning Presbyterian, cold , stuffy, with not much craic going on. (A different kind of crack from Rob Ford's kind.)
They came in with the wave of immigrants from Italy, and the Carribean in the 60s and 70s, that started to loosen up the tight hold Scottish culture had on this city.

Re Ford leaving City Hall for personal reasons; I thought that his mother was/is ill and in hospital today? May not be anything related to CAS/domestic trouble.
When did his mother become ill? She looked fine yesterday, but of course things can happen.

Weren't the media originally told Ford wouldn't be at City Hall at all today because of a personal matter?

Oh, and the immature 12 year old in me loves that Doolittle wrote that second tweet the way she did
She then tweeted "I don't think it's newsworthy or of a matter of public interest, which is why that's all I'm saying." If that's the case then why bring it up? Obviously she wants the public to talk about it.

Based on his interests, ManuvSteele seems like the type of person who'd go to VICE with this story (sorry about the boats and hoes jab, btw. It was only made in jest). Maybe he had a connection there. Some of the stuff he's posted seems pretty legit as and he was able to confirm some of my theories. I'm excited to see how much more will come out in tomorrow's Star.

Quick question: are the original email headers still in someone's possession?

Could be something like the cable guy is coming between 4 and 6, or getting an estimate on new granite countertops and have to meet up with the contractor.

Re mother's illness: on "The Social" (not a stellar source of "news", I know...) it was mentioned she was undergoing cancer treatment and on cp24 that she had some scheduled tests in hospital this am.

Re mother's illness: on "The Social" (not a stellar source of "news", I know...) it was mentioned she was undergoing cancer treatment and on cp24 that she had some scheduled tests in hospital this am.

I am still not awfully sympathetic - and I am saying this as someone whose mom went through cancer twice in the last two years AND lost my father to it when I was 12. Sorry, having cancer is one thing - it is not an excuse for bad behaviour all around.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back