503     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 464     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 763     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remembered that when news of the crack video first broke, Doug was blasting the media for making deals with extortionists to try and get the video...

And now their buddy has been charged with extorsion

"Listen here - I've seen TV shows so I know how this works. They come in some geek's room with a bag full of drives and say "Drop everything you're doing and find that video!" and he mashes his keyboard for a bit and then the file is recovered"

ENHANCE.

Back the boring old ITO, Ann Hui's latest remarks on the GAM live blog are VERY interesting:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/rob-ford-friend/article15163302/?cmpid=tgam

Like this one: From police notes: "I believe that the above attempts by Provost to obtain registration details for Mayor Ford clearly indicate that Mayor Ford is utilizing his position and the powers of the Office the Mayor, to obtain information not available to regular citizens."by Ann Hui 1:20 PM

and this one: Police interviewed a number of former staffers in the mayor's office, including George Christopoulous, Mark Towhey, Chris Fickel, and David Price, many of whom appeared to have concerns about Mr. Lisi. At least two of the mayor's former staffers said they suspected Mr. Lisi was supplying the mayor with drugs.

Last edited:
You are on to something. What a coincidence that technicians just happened to recover the deleted video only the day before a court ordered the Lisi search warrant info released. I suspect Blair was sitting on the video and his hand was forced.

I'll be taking the avalanche of praise that's coming for the TPS with a grain of salt, if you don't mind.

This.

Some people are seriously gullible. "Wow, what a strange coincidence that the police managed to recover the video 2 days ago and decided to charge Lisi today. Remarkable."

Case in point:

Well, wise one - tell us exactly how many devices they recovered and how long it takes to go through every single device - forensically (meaning running full recovery on each) and then checking every single directory and file (a clever person would rename the extension to something innocuous and bury it deep in the file system).

Had they known exactly which hard drive contained the file that they knew they were looking for, you'd be right. But as it stands, you're just showing your "The TPS is completely incompetent" colors, as usual. They were searching for a needle in a haystack, and considering the file was actually deleted and had to be recovered, I'd say they actually did a pretty good job in finding it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just a huge coincidence that one day before a judge ordered the search warrants unsealed that Toronto Police were able to magically recover the crack video?

I certainly can't speak to how or why the timing is what it is - what I'm speaking out against is assertions of incompetence based on paper-thin rationalizations.

With respect to hard disk recovery, and the video's timing, I think the timing is suspicious, but speaking as a software developer, and an avid computer enthusiast, it's very reasonable to believe it could have taken the police this long to find the video.

• How many devices did the police have to search?
  • What information was a priority for the police to find?
  • What kind of devices were the police searching? solid state? mechanical?
  • What was the physical condition of the devices?
  • Were the files merely erased, or erased and overwritten?
  • Do the police have the right equipment to even analyze the storage media??

Without knowing the answers to a few of these questions it's unreasonable to speculate on how long the data recovery could/should have taken.

This.

Some people are seriously fucking gullible. "Wow, what a strange coincidence that the police managed to recover the video 2 days ago and decided to charge Lisi today. Remarkable."

Case in point:

Not once did I rationalize how or why it was found two days ago - nor did I say that I believe that it was. What I'm speaking out against is the assertions of incompetence against the TPS that are based on the rationale of "come on, files don't take long to find!"

in fact, it's more likely that it was found a month ago - but that's still against the implied assertion that, if they were competent, the TPS would have found the video within days of the raid.

EDIT: And honestly, let's be truthful: the timing isn't impossible. Bill Blair is a smart guy - if he really wanted to lie about the timing, do you really think he'd fabricate October 29? Why wouldn't he say "last week" or "two weeks ago"? I'm not saying I believe it 100% - but if Blair wanted to lie about it I do hope that he'd come up with something more believable.

Last edited:
Councillor Mihevc being interviewed: "Ford has to come clean. It's not just reporter's evidence, it's police evidence that there is a video. The Mayor has been caught delivering a lie to Torontonians. He also needs to come clean on his relationship with unsavoury characters and illicit drugs." He stopped short of calling for Ford to resign.

I don't know why we still need to hear his side of the story, for him to 'come clean'? We already knew, all that's left for him to do is quit.

AoD

Perhaps all of this is one giant misunderstanding...what if what TPS and all of us have been witness to is not a man with no self control over his need for illicit narcotics but a man with no control over his heart. Secret meetings, late night phone calls, exchanging gifts discretely, coupled with a public image that is antagonistic to the LGBT community...its really just the same old story of a boy from a life of privilege who fell for the bad boy but their love must remain a secret lest it ruin them both

Perhaps all of this is one giant misunderstanding...what if what TPS and all of us have been witness to is not a man with no self control over his need for illicit narcotics but a man with no control over his heart. Secret meetings, late night phone calls, exchanging gifts discretely, coupled with a public image that is antagonistic to the LGBT community...its really just the same old story of a boy from a life of privilege who fell for the bad boy but their love must remain a secret lest it ruin them both

It can almost feel like that.

Hype:

No offense, do recall the content of the video before we have this alternate interpretation. Besides, sexual orientation doesn't and shouldn't excuse his behaviour.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back